Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

A very special thankyou
Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: July 21, 2006 04:01

A very special thankyou to those who replied to my first post. Its now 8.30AM and getting ready to go out and buy that new modem so I can upload a few things.I would like to know if others have the same interests as me. Having complete shows is not neccessarily important to me, I dld everything available then listen to it and cast out anything which is poor in quality and transfer it to separate disc, keeping only what I am happy with for future enjoyment, in otherwords make my own compilation. I will be spending the weekend redoing some vinyl transfer so I can upload what I have available for those who may be interested, whether I like it or not. Also I will have to split up some tracks so that they can be posted because a lot of old vinyl boots are a continuous recording, but only the audience response will be interupted. I will also post artwork wherever possible. I have collected music because it is my love, whether it be from 1915,1965 or 2005 and I am not in same league as some of you people with your vast knowledge, its only what enters my ears that I am concerned with, but I have collected various items of the stones,ie: reel to reel, 8 track(quadrophonic), super 8 film, 16mm film etc. Sorry to bore you with such a long post, but I am quite excited to be in communication with like minded people at long last, hope that doesnt sound like I am senile allready. Will be posting next week.

Re: A very special thankyou
Posted by: JoeHill ()
Date: July 23, 2006 07:33

We are all senile..good to have you here!!!!

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: July 23, 2006 14:04

Welcome aboard. I am starting to do the same thing by only keeping what really I want. I just don;t have the computer space or the time to listen to everything.

I mean, my favorite stuff is studio outtakes and I have 3 of the same versions of The Way She Held ME Tight.................now I ask you,

Is that necessary!? I have almost every US show from the ABB tour and frankly I haven't really enjoyed their "sound" since 1982. Why keep this stuff? A rarely played track is really all I want from these shows. Or a really good version of Monkey Man and CYHMK! (I have yet to here either).

I look forward to hearing your posts.

Thanks

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 23, 2006 16:40

I am doing the same...putting together, for my listening, compilations of the material I like. For me, it's BJ era Stones stuff from the studio and studio material through the years that interests me. As someone said on a Dylan site I use, when a new member asked about how do you find the time to DL and listen to all of the Dylan stuff, pick the era of the artist's career you like best and stick with that and if something else comes along that you find cool, DL that. Otherwise, there aren't enough hours in the day or weeks in the year to DL, catalog and listen to everything.

Posted by: kidquick185 ()
Date: July 26, 2006 00:34

Cafaro,

I know you are probably looking for 60's or 70's version of Monkey Man but this is fairly good from '94. Its the only one I have!!

[www.yousendit.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1469
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home