Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Request: "Under the Radar"
Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: July 18, 2006 02:24

And the other new track from the special edition of ABB if any of you bright upstarts have the audio available : )

Thanks in advance.

Re: Request: "Under the Radar"
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: July 18, 2006 03:43

Many have it, it;s official though.

I was thinking today that after a year or so of ABB being released I must say that I really like this disc. Mick's vocal stylings aside, this is a real good one!

Date: July 18, 2006 04:06

I never bought the fancy other version. Just couldn't bring myself to after spending $16 on the regular version when it came out. So I haven't heard these "other" new songs yet.

And I really like ABB as well. I actually think Mick's vocal stylings were much better than on BTB.

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: July 18, 2006 17:29

Please do not ask for official released songs. If you are a fan, (and I guess you are 'cause you post here) you buy the ABB special edition.

Date: July 18, 2006 18:04

Can someone please explain to me how buying virtually the same material over and over again determines one's status as a fan?!?!

IT's the Stones making money. I really appreciate the way the Stones do this. They know that there are people out there that will keep buying anything and everything they put out. It's like drug dealers. They know that people will keep coming back and buying their stuff no matter how they step on it.

They should teach marketing and economics.It seems MJ learned a lot while he was a LSE.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: July 18, 2006 18:20

A fan is not a collector. A collector not only parts with his money but all common sense also. How many times have I bought Satisfaction? Don't know and don't care. I will keep on buying it and any other Stones lp I've never seen. I have Stones lp's from Brasil, Columbia and Eqcuador. That is collecting. But I'm also a fan. But fans do not have that sickness that I have. It is truly an addiction. But an enjoyable one. I fully understand why many Stones fans refuse to buy BB twice.

Date: July 18, 2006 19:10

Right.. If I had enough money, I'd buy every American muscle car built during the 1960s and 1970s and I collect car memoribilia from that era. I 've also started collecting parts for a 1932 Ford hot road that I'll never use but never part with either!. I understand the difference between collector and fan.

unfortunatley, some people don't. I mean, I don't own Flicks, Licks, or any of that stuff. For me...there was no need. For a collector however, it's a must have!

Posted by: Pokalheld ()
Date: July 19, 2006 00:09

I must admit: Four Flicks is a really good DVD release. The best of Stones.

But I wish, they had released A Bigger Bang and A Bigger Bang Special Edition at the same time. So, only collectors must have bought both.

Date: July 19, 2006 01:18

I tell you they did that on purpose. Same with Rarities.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: July 19, 2006 02:15

You can find the collector edition of ABB for very cheap (in ebay for example). You can also easily sell you regular edition there... I did it and I didn't lost any money.
Actually the fact is it really a shame that the 2 new tracks are only listenable on a DVD player.

Date: July 19, 2006 03:20

Thanks for the email replies. And I don't believe that asking for a free download of just one or two lousy songs as opposed to spending $20 on them does or does not designate me a fan. If they'd come out with them both at the same time, then you bet yr arse I'd have bought the special edition. But to do that lousy bait and switch where they release it 2 months later? That's crass. Almost evil I'd even say.

Date: July 19, 2006 03:47

not evil....they just know their fans. They know that many of their fans will buy both. They know that they can release 40 Licks with 3-4 new mediocre songs on it and people will buy it.

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: July 19, 2006 09:49

Hey Imposter old friend.
Drop me an email mate and I'll fix you up.
I have the first two Boston shows along with Fresno on dvd that have "Infamy" live that I can send you old chum.

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Date: July 19, 2006 13:22

Cafaro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They know
> that many of their fans will buy both. They know
> that they can release 40 Licks with 3-4 new
> mediocre songs on it and people will buy it.

No, it is useless to buy "Forty Licks"
You have to find "Four New Licks" to have only the new trax (with the beautiful New Rock Remix of Don't Stop).

Date: July 19, 2006 13:25

theimposter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for the email replies. And I don't believe
> that asking for a free download of just one or two
> lousy songs as opposed to spending $20 on them
> does or does not designate me a fan. If they'd
> come out with them both at the same time, then you
> bet yr arse I'd have bought the special edition.
> But to do that lousy bait and switch where they
> release it 2 months later? That's crass. Almost
> evil I'd even say.

I don't understand.
You know very well that official stuff is not posted here.
So why do you ask in this forum?
Ask the mp3 to someone via pm if you really don't want to buy it.

Date: July 19, 2006 13:44

This type of releasing stragety has gone on for many years. It's record companies money making policy. The Stones themselves don't need the extra cash from BB special edition. Record companies market their product just the same as any other company. We get an album follwed by a few singles. So the casual fan usually ends up with a few songs twice over. But the good thing is these days you are more likely to get bonus tracks with the single. Unlike when I was growing up in the 70's. RC have only one aim. MONEY. They are not interested in weather it's Brown Sugar selling or Bob The Builder. But we should thank them for enabling many bands to reach our ears. Things are changing though. Arctic Monkeys created their own fame. That band that sings Punk Rocker With Flowers In My Hair created their own fame and destiny by playing in their basement. It was shown via the internet. The internet for now is the future for buying music. The dld chart is ever increasing. But give me a dusty second record shop anyday.

Date: July 19, 2006 21:02

Jagger,
what is that about the Artic Monkeys? How did they create their own fame? Tell me the story.

I love them.

Date: July 19, 2006 21:16

They were the first band to establish themselves using only the internet. The signing came later. So when the first album was pressed they were already there.

Date: July 19, 2006 21:39

The internet is regarded by some writers who base the future on probability, that it is in it's infancy. There's no reason why a band needs a record deal. That has recently been proved possible. You could build up a large enough fan base to dld enough of your material to financially make it work. If the Stones released a new album only on the internet.........well, there you go. Cyber space can rock.

Posted by: RickJagger ()
Date: July 19, 2006 23:29

I'm emailing you the tracks (:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home