Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Favorite torrent sites?
Posted by: dph ()
Date: June 15, 2006 05:10

Hello,

I'm experimenting with music downloading and was wondering what people's favorite music download sites are. Only interested in live or unreleased Stones etc., not the latest commercial top 40 type release.

So far I'm aware of thetradersden, bootcity, dimeadozen, rocksoff, and longliverock. Others?

I've also seen music files posted to usenet newsgroups but they are broken up into many, many small files, probably 500 for one CD. Is there some way to automatically download and assemble them from 500 messages?

thanks,

Dave

Re: Favorite torrent sites?
Posted by: Andy L ()
Date: June 15, 2006 13:17

PureLiveGigs - [www.purelivegigs.com]
Lossless Legs - [www.shnflac.net]
Pink Robert Torrents - [www.pinkrobert.net]
ZOMB - [zombtracker.the-zomb.com]

As for Usenet files, you'll need a proper Usenet client (i.e. not Outlook Express) which will automatically download and combine the parts for you. I use NewsBin Pro, but it does cost $35 to register.

Posted by: dph ()
Date: June 18, 2006 04:10

Andy,

A belated thanks for your help. Nobody else has any suggestions???

I found a free Usenet client called GrabIt from www.shemes.com which allows you easily download binary files from Usenet newsgroups. Its only catch is you can only do a limited number of searches or downloads per day, as an incentive to use their paid news feed (I think).

The sad fact is that after looking over what's available on all these sites, there is very little Stones content. I should have also mentioned that these are lossless sites, which is what I want, not lossy sources such as mp3 or wma.

Dave

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: June 18, 2006 14:13

My favorites:

[rollingstones.kicks-ass.org]

[www.mininova.org]

[www.bittorrent.com]

[isohunt.com]

None of these need you to register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-18 14:16 by Tekumseh.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2607
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home