Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ethan Russell and the Stones '69 Tour
Posted by: mikey ()
Date: April 30, 2006 15:11

OK so perhaps this posting should go on the TELL ME part of the site, but as postings here hang around a little longer and as i think this is so important I'm leaving it here.

Ethan Russell who first came to London from California in 67 and was introduced to the Stones shortly thereafter started photographing the band in '68. He took the photos for "BIg Hits Through the Past Darkly". He did the first shoot with new boy Mick Taylor (the one that appears on the "Trident Demos boot) and was the only photographer to accompany the Stones on their '69 tour. His photos are all over the back of the "Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!" album and a lot of the other pix he took have graced the numerous boots that that tour spawned. He accompanied the Stones on their '72 tour and took the iconic pic of Keith at Seattle Customs next to the "Patience Please! A Drug Free America Comes First!" - one of only two exposures he managed before the authorities started to get a little heavy.

Anyway to cut to the chase, Ethan is working on a book which I believe will be the next big Stones project from Genesis (if so start saving your ackers) based on his awesome photography from the '69 tour.

And here's where you come in dear reader, he really needs people who attended those shows to contact him with their reminiscences. So if you were there and would like to be involved in a project that seems like it could eclipse even the sumptous EXILE book in sheer "gottahaveit!" appeal then visit his website at:

[ethanrussell.com]

and if you click on the Altamont pic (yep he was there too) under the heading, "DID YOU SEE THE ROLLING STONES on their 1969 US tour? you'll be guided to an online form where you can contact Ethan with your reminiscences.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-30 18:27 by mikey.

Re: Ethan Russell and the Stones '69 Tour
Posted by: Luke33 ()
Date: May 7, 2006 12:29

wow - hey Mikey any news on when this book will be released ??

It will be a beauty - I am already saving !!!!!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 7, 2006 17:24

very interessting, mikey.

You should really drag it over to the Tell Me forum.
you don't want to miss out someone who has actually been at the altamont gig now, do you?

Date: May 7, 2006 23:10

Yup I've messed up a little here.

Does anyone know a quick way to do this?

Date: May 8, 2006 16:48

Mikey - there is one guy who was definately there...I might be able to get you his ID...

Date: May 8, 2006 17:04

yep - a guy by the name of scaffer went to the Altamont show.
He told me of some great experiences at Altamont on the Shidoobee board about 1-2 years ago.
I believe he goes by the name of "scaffer" here on IORR....

Date: May 8, 2006 21:49

Wow!

Sounds like just the sort of guy that Ethan needs to hear from. I know that UNCUT magazine tracked down several people who were there when they did an issue devoted to "Gimme Shelter" the movie and the Stones in '69 in late 2000.

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: May 18, 2006 10:08

All:

I finally did respond to your and Ethan's posts.

I just submitted info re Altamont.

Ethan (and/or others): thanks. I look forward to talking with you at your convenience.

Date: May 18, 2006 22:39

Ethan has morphed into a capitalistic sh*t who charges people for the oxygen they use when he meets with them!

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1410
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home