Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

About the posting by "HairyTallandThick"
Posted by: coldturkey ()
Date: April 27, 2006 01:57

A Little story.

I love writing poetry. I have written poetry, lyrics and stories all my life.
Last year I came across a nice website for budding poets and such. It was lovely. It grew, I made one or two nice friends there. We would enjoy our verse, there were different forums for this and that and bob's your uncle, it was great.
A few months ago a certain guy began to complain about some of the words, thinking they directed at him. he responded and the arguing began. Whose got the biggest prick, get the handbags out, squabbling in the playground - it all took off in a matter of a month.
It ruined the site. many of us left it.

We must be careful here. I would hate to see that happen. You get a good core of people together, you build on that - it's lovely. Don't spoil it by bringing in such things. Avoid negative comments, never make a personal attack, don't use foul language - it's not that kind of site.

Hairytallandthick - what to do? Just ignore him. He may have a point, he may not. If he does have a personal problem then deal with it without coming here, or send a personal message and don't hide your name, how silly is that, or present it in a way not hostile or aggressive.

Perhaps mother can help by avoiding such comments. I am the worlds worse man for saying something I think is harmless but behind me I leave people hurt and angry by what I said. I am sure, mother, if we have the best quality we would download it. Its very easy to take away our good words by a few ill-chosen ones. Anything negative is likely to upset someone and you never know what kind of day they've had or what kind of life. To be safe we should simply avoid the issue. Accept what we given and be done with it.

Perhaps hairy has some personal difficulties, pressures in life, unemployment, debt and so on and I hope those difficulties disappear for him. But it's not mothers fault or mine.
Under pressure we take any negative comments to heart, or comments that appear personal; we should remember that hairy perhaps has such difficulties and not hold it against him. It's likely we have all acted in such a way at some time or will in the future.

Whoever hairy is I hope he continues to post his gems because I am sure that I and everyone else really appreciate them.
This is just a site for like minded people to share like minded loves, where we can try to get on with each other the best way we can and enjoy it.
To be quite honest with you I don't give a toss about bit-rate and wouldn't know it if it bit me (forgive the pun) I just love what I have found here and what it gives me.

Let's move on, learn from it and enjoy the little things in life we never knew existed.

Re: About the posting by "HairyTallandThick"
Posted by: Charles ()
Date: April 27, 2006 02:27

Well put Cold Turkey. Tall Dump and Horny deserves our understanding and yet hurling invectives at people is not a good way to foster debate.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Date: April 27, 2006 02:35

I just read about this nun in Brazil who was murdered by some ranchers because she was protesting deforestation of a tract of land. The murderers got 27 and 17 years respectively while the schmuck who ordered the killing is clean to go free. This is the real crime ya know....It kind of reminds me of "Hattie Carroll" the song by Dylan you know where he sings "And you who philosophize disgrace and criticize all fears, bear the rag deep in your face, now's not the time for your tears".

If someone must flip out, he or she can send an email to the person directly without polluting the forum with rotten catfish talk.

I seen it I smelt it I thunk it and I sank it
Reel your seahorses in laddies, the fishnet has just been delivered
We are all saved

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: April 27, 2006 03:16

is any of this discussion on Yousendit?...no, then let's drop it and move on to he music.....my next upload will be Essen from 1970.

Date: April 27, 2006 03:19

Sick! Awesome Cafaro! Bring it on, baby cus I can't wait to hear it.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: April 27, 2006 03:20

Sorry Charles.....tomorrow my brother. It's wife and dogs time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1856
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home