Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Help re recording to hard drive and tela.sugarmegs
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 22, 2006 21:17

If I've opened a file off off of the tela.sugarmegs site to play, is there a way to record it to the hard drive while it's playing? The file will be played using Windows Media Player. The reason I ask is that some files on tela.sugarmegs will be cut off before the can be saved, but will load while being played. Is there another media player that will allow the files to play and be saved at the same time? Has anyone found a way to get around the awesomely slow DL times on the tela.sugarmegs site? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Help re recording to hard drive and tela.sugarmegs
Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: April 22, 2006 21:29

It's streaming media so you need something that will pick up & d/l mms files. I use nettransport, right click, 'download by nettransport' & away you go.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 22, 2006 22:42

Vox 12: Okay, I'm gonna show my technical inexpertise here. I've got the app for Net Transport. I open it up and stare blankly at the program display screen. If I want to DL a file from tela.sugarmegs, what steps do I take with Net Transport? Thanks.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: April 22, 2006 23:48

I think you're making this more difficult than it has to be. I've noticed they have (at least) 2 different lists. One list is to listen to streaming shows. The other is for down-loading/saving to your files. You can do both at the same time (at least I do) without having to deal with all this extraneous software you're talking about.

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: April 22, 2006 23:56

Download the You Send It Download Manager for free. Then simply right click on the music link at sugarmegs and paste it into the download manager. You then need to convert the wma file into a mp3 using a different software.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 23, 2006 00:35

Folks:

Downloading is available from 5PM to 9AM Monday to Friday and ALL weekend (Eastern Standard Time).

One further thing:

If you are planning to parse the large music files (separate the audio tracks) then you'll need to download a free progam from the internet. I found a program that's called AUDIOEDIT DELUXE that is fairly easy to use once you have determined where each song starts and ends.

Unfortunately, it's quite time consuming to parse and re-construct a playlist of songs for burning to CDR.

Mother

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1847
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home