Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Hendrix - Flamingo Club
Posted by: watts fan ()
Date: April 18, 2006 21:08

Here's an audience recording of the Jimi Hendrix Experience live at the Flamingo Club - Feb. 4, 1967. A very cool set list...I believe there are only 2 known versions of "Have Mercy," and "Can You See Me" doesn't turn up on too many set-lists either.

This recording sounds LOUD!

[s42.yousendit.com]

[s42.yousendit.com]

[s42.yousendit.com]

[s42.yousendit.com]

[s42.yousendit.com]

[s42.yousendit.com]

[s42.yousendit.com]

[s42.yousendit.com]

[s42.yousendit.com]

Re: Hendrix - Flamingo Club
Posted by: Charles ()
Date: April 18, 2006 21:36

Thank you Watts fan! I can't wait to hear it after the Kiss Alive II lp is finished on my turntable. Shout it out loud!!!

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: April 18, 2006 21:43

oh man......jackpot. Thanks so much.

Posted by: watts fan ()
Date: April 18, 2006 22:05

Sounds like such a small club, almost like little jazz supper club atmosphere. Considering Jimi's "Toast of London" status in early '67, I imagine that a Stone or 2 may have been in the audience. Jagger & Brian Jones in particular were very enthusiastic about Hendrix.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 18, 2006 23:42

Wow! Even with the primitive recording by today's standards, Hendrix's power and mastery of the guitar comes through. One can only imagine how he revolutionized the whole idea of what you could do with an electric guitar and the changes people subsequently made in how they played and the sounds they tried to pull out of their guitars and amps. I got a flashback to the Monterey Pop movie which is the first glimpse many of us had of Hendrix. His set simply blew everything else away. Think about this guy opening for the Monkees during his first U.S. tour. Talk about teenybopper meltdown. Again, muchas gracias, and keep 'em comin'.

Posted by: coldturkey ()
Date: April 19, 2006 02:53

thank you for this - anymore Hendrix recordings would be appreciated
cheers
david

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1395
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home