Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Torrent Help Please
Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: March 27, 2006 15:57

I am downloading some Stones stuff from Rocks Off bit torrent. It says everything is fine. But it's taking over a day to download one item. I have broadband connection. But how can I speed up the process. Many thanks.

Re: Torrent Help Please
Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: March 27, 2006 16:58

Yup, it does take a while. I'm d/l'ing Double Door @ the moment & a 2.56gig file is going to take about 30 hours for me.

It depends on how fast your connection is & how many folks are in the 'swarm' as to how long it will take.

How fast is your connection, how big is the file, how many 'peers' & 'seeds' are there, & whats your upload & download rates? With this info we should be able to tell you what's going on.

Posted by: barcelona ()
Date: March 27, 2006 17:35

and which steps do you have to follow to download a torrent from rocks off?

Date: March 27, 2006 19:29

Thank you vox 12 string. My internet connection is at full speed. Not sure about the figure. The file Black Box is 1.47GB Seeds 1 Peers 3 Down 6-7 kB/S
Up 17-24 kB/S

Also I see the green face meaning everything is fine. But the ratio button shows poor. A million thanks.

Date: March 27, 2006 19:53

Your uprate is nice, about double what I can get, so it means that everything is humming along nicely. The seeder (& peers) may be upping & d/l'ing lots of other torrents which means that their bandwidth is spread out so you won't get a high figure from them.

Are you getting the black box from RO, cos I'm getting Double Door from them & its very slow today.

Sit back, relax, it will eventually finish

Date: March 27, 2006 19:59

Yes I am. I've been downld since Sat night. I installed Azureus.
I just wonder could you suggest say the best top 10 of Stones boots to start my collection. Cheers.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 27, 2006 20:00

Azareus aint no bad program to dl with. Just got it myself.

Date: March 28, 2006 15:47

There's some excellent suggestions over in the Tell Me section as to where to start a good collection

[iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-28 15:48 by vox12string.

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: March 29, 2006 00:44

i can't stand torrent.. its a complete drag

Date: March 29, 2006 05:09

Whereas I find torrents stimulating. The sense of being connected to a group with similar interests all sharing simultaneously is the epitome of the net for me. When you've finished d/l'ing & you're listening to a cd quality recording while others are still d/l'ing from you gives me a buzz. Others have shared with me & now I'm sharing with others, love it.

Yes its a drag waiting till its all finished, but that's part of the 'I want it & I want it now' philosophy, which I subscribe to wholeheartedly.

Zen & the art of torrents.

Anyway, what do you want for nothing, Rubber Biscuit?

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 29, 2006 07:42

Vox,

Which of the torrent software sites do you find to be the best?

ABC

Azarus

BitComet

BitTorrent

BitTornado

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: March 29, 2006 07:54

well i do love that kick from knowing i'm downloading from others and they are downloading from me..
but its SO SLOW... i mean when i download an mp3 here form yousendit i get a speed of 600 kbps sometimes..sometimes 300.. when i do bitorrent i get 0 usually and maybe 15 if i am lucky..

that IS a drag..

but maybe its that i'm not doing it right..maybe its some firewall issue i don't understand...

Date: March 29, 2006 08:17

600 kbps! we hate you Down Under, our monopoly telco is pathetic when it comes to being part of what's out there, we are quite slow compared to the rest of the world.

With that speed you should streak along with torrents. I use BitTorrent its the first one I tried, it worked straight away, I use whatever default settings are there. I'm playing with fire cos I turn my firewall off when I torrent, but I know I really should get a grip on this & learn a bit more about what I'm doing. 'Ports' are an issue sometimes, I believe, but I'm too lazy/scared to go there in case I mess it up.

Once it's set up tho, it's easy.

Date: March 29, 2006 22:22

Have been downld Black Box 1-4 1.47GB since Saturday. Guess what? It won't play. I think brain surgery would be easier. At least I know where the brain is. But thanks for all your kind help.

Date: March 30, 2006 05:17

Now don't give up. Yet....

What are you trying to play the files with, I assume they're 'flac' files which your ordinary players won't play. Check out Rocks Off torrent help

[www.rocksoff.org]

I use winamp with the flac plug-in, & if you've got nero, that plug-in will also let you burn flac files without having to convert them to wav.

Foobar is also recommended, I tried it & it works fine.

Date: March 30, 2006 20:35

Hi vox12. I've downld foobar and it seems to play the flac files ok. Black Box 1-4. But how do I burn them? Also can I keep them on my pc as a jukebox? It seems with your help and experimenting that I'm getting nearer to my goal. I appreciate your help and understanding. Ain't it great to be a Stones fan.

Date: April 1, 2006 14:59

First, you're going to need 'Im Going Down' Disc 3, TRK 10

[s22.yousendit.com]

This was missing from the 4 disc torrent & has been re-upped.

There's tons of info re torrents on the Flac Homepage

[flac.sourceforge.net]

Look for
"Windows
FLAC 1.1.2 for Windows with installer. "

This is Flac Frontend which will convert flac-wav so you can burn your cd's that way.

I use Winamp with the plug-in which lets me play flac files, check out ' Players & plug ins' under the Extras section, winamp lets you create playlists

Date: April 2, 2006 15:42

Thank you vox12. I also hope this helps other beginners. I'm in your debt.

Date: April 2, 2006 20:01

Does anyone know where we can downld more Stones stuff other than Rocks Off Bit Torrent? Thanks in advance.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1334
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home