Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

DAC
Posted by: Norbert VANEGUE ()
Date: July 16, 2005 02:26

Need Frankfurt 70

Re: DAC
Posted by: gsparaco ()
Date: July 16, 2005 02:34

me too

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: July 16, 2005 10:35

I have Hamburg 70...didn't know that there was a Frankfurt 70..which number is it ?

Date: July 16, 2005 11:55

DAC-016 THE ROLLING STONES / FRANKFURT 1970 - BRING ON THE DANCING GIRLS (2CD)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-16 20:13 by gsparaco.

Posted by: Glennta ()
Date: July 16, 2005 14:48

Yes, me too

But I looking for the DAC-014 Nasty Habits in Glasgow and the new DAC-017 HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICKY as well and the ofcause the DAC-016 Bring On the Dancing Girls.

anyone??

Date: July 16, 2005 20:19

FYI, the newest DAC release is DAC-019 Altamont. Only one disc though.

Date: July 16, 2005 21:40

Is DAC-019 the complete Stones concert?Is it an upgrade?

Posted by: Glennta ()
Date: July 16, 2005 22:40

Ok sorry gsparaco I just took the information from there website

[www5f.biglobe.ne.jp]

but you mayby have other conections that isn't related to the website.

Date: July 17, 2005 01:29

About DAC-019 I don't have a clue if it's an upgrade or the complete show. My guess is it isn't since the VGP Killer Festival is a two disc set. Maybe it's fragment of another source? But I'll post my findings when I get it.

Posted by: Norbert VANEGUE ()
Date: July 17, 2005 02:28

JUST NEED FRANKFURT 70 - PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 19, 2005 04:53

both shows are very bad quality on vgp, doubt these are any better

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: July 24, 2005 13:46

It seems like when VGP ran out of things to release twice they changed their name to DAC, and now they are releasing again the enire VGP and Empress Valley catalogs as recycled material.

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: July 24, 2005 14:08

Agreed!

If only they released some unheard of tapes.....!!

Then I might buy them!

Esky

Date: July 25, 2005 20:01

Well in fairness to DAC they do seem to be releasing newer tape sources for older shows. I've not been disappointed and look forward to their new releases.

Here's the track listing for the new Altamont: ALTAMONT SPEEDWAY, LIVERMORE, CALIFORNIA, DECEMBER 6, 1969

JUMPING JACK FLASH / CAROL / SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL /
THE SUN IS SHINING / STRAY CAT BLUES / LOVE IN VAIN / UNDER MY THUMB /
BROWN SUGAR / MIDNIGHT RAMBLER / LIVE WITH ME / GIMME SHELTER /
LITTLE QUEENIE / SATISFACTION / HONKY TONK WOMEN / STREET FIGHTING MAN

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: July 26, 2005 01:20

gsparaco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well in fairness to DAC they do seem to be
> releasing newer tape sources for older shows.

These new sources are tracked down and circulated for free by CD-R and tape traders and not bootleggers like DAC.
DAC, VGP, SM,... just get ahold of them through trading circles, press them on "silver CD" and charge 30$ per disc. All bootleg labels do nowadays is steal material which has been surfaced for free ELSEWHERE.
Many tapes will remain unsurfaced as long as there are people who buy that crap from Japan.
A lot of tapers and collectors refuse to share their material or keep it inside "inner circles" because of bootleggers who profit from their hard work. And rightly so.

Date: July 26, 2005 03:49

> These new sources are tracked down and circulated
> for free by CD-R and tape traders and not
> bootleggers like DAC.
> DAC, VGP, SM,... just get ahold of them through
> trading circles, press them on "silver CD" and
> charge 30$ per disc. All bootleg labels do
> nowadays is steal material which has been surfaced
> for free ELSEWHERE.

So what. Big deal.

My opinion is that we are all absolute monarachs of our own collections and we can collect whatever we want. I love the stuff coming out of Japan and think DAC/VGP/EV/Sirene/Wardour, etc etc do a great job for the most part. I don't care about spending the money, and I don't have the time, patience or equipment to download these tapes anyway. If people like to download them for free then good for them.

> Many tapes will remain unsurfaced as long as there
> are people who buy that crap from Japan.
> A lot of tapers and collectors refuse to share
> their material or keep it inside "inner circles"
> because of bootleggers who profit from their hard
> work. And rightly so.

One of the signs of neurosis is an overconcern about what others think or do, or to base decisions upon the anticipated reactions of others. If the hoarders are that neurotic then they can keep their dumb tapes. It's not like the world will end if they don't share. I mean, why should they care if someone in Japan will make some money? Honestly I can list on one hand the number of tapes that are hoarded that I would like to see released.

In the end we all have a choice about buying or trading. My attitude is that if someone wants to download shows exclusively, fine. If someone wants to spend the money on DAC titles, fine. This is a hobby that is supposed to be fun and I am turned off by the self-rightousness of those who criticize my decisions.

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: July 26, 2005 16:11

> I am turned off by the self-rightousness of those who criticize my decisions.

I didn´t criticize anything. Your first post suggested that DAC tracked these new tapes down and has put these into circulation. I said that this is not the case and explained why. Don´t like it? Tough shit.

> I mean, why should they care if someone in Japan will make some money?

From the perspective of someone who has filled the trading pool, from the perspective of someone who has seen several of the sources he put into wide circulation turned into commercial bootlegs right away, I can only see bootleggers as a part of the problem.

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: July 26, 2005 16:59

What's the bet the new Boston 1972 stereo source tapes of both shows are released by DAC ??

My guess will be in about 2 months time.....

Any takers...???

Posted by: Auster ()
Date: July 26, 2005 17:35

EXILE has already released new Boston tapes and I am sure DAC will follow soon. I don't mind if/when they do that because I have enjoyed every CD they have released so far.

Date: July 26, 2005 19:06

Hi. I'm sorry if I misunderstood your point. From where I'm coming from, whenever there is a dicussion about silver discs on newsgroups and message boards, almost inevitably there is someone who points out that these tapes are freely available on trader's sites and bit-torrent download blah blah blah. And then there is the almost inevitable call to stop buying products from the DACs, VGPs, and Empress Valley's of the world. And all this is said as if it's supposed to be some shocking revelation. Well, it isn't. We all know where they get their tapes and nobody really cares.

"From the perspective of someone who has filled the trading pool, from the perspective of someone who has seen several of the sources he put into wide circulation turned into commercial bootlegs right away, I can only see bootleggers as a part of the problem."

Well I can't speak for the bootleggers, and if something isn't pressed on silver disc then I'll never be able to hear it. My point is that we're not here to negotiate world peace but to enjoy a fun hobby. This is only important enough to make me type out my opinions on the matter....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2147
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home