Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The Altamont Concert Exists In It's Full Length On Film (Apparently).
Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: October 15, 2008 21:39

Absolutely it was. I know a collector who had the entire audio, SOUNDBOARD on Reel tape, but it was "stolen" (more likely lost) decades ago. I think if it'd been stolen, we'd have heard about it by now, unless it was just some burgler that just threw it away....but why steal it, if you werent going to listen to it, or coulda been that the thief need tape to record some osmond records on....

JR

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 16, 2008 00:36

You have to realize that in the late 60's/ 70's attitude to rockmusic and collectable stuff was generally quite different!

I myself lost a lot of stuff over the years. Partly just because hardly anyone was seriously collecting all those things.
Everybody was youg and having fun and didn't think this would be of any value in many years to come!

So unfortunally many things have been lost or destoyed.

Plus I seem to remember that the 69 Maysels stuff has been discussed about years ago. Wasn't a lot of the stuff damaged and flawed? Particularly the great Midnight Rambler? Of course I would love to see/hear it neveretheless!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-16 00:40 by CousinC.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: October 16, 2008 03:22

Interesting that Neil Young would agree to be filmed at Altamont when he balked just 4 months prior at Woodstock.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 16, 2008 03:30

yeah but how good can the quality be? the extra footage on the gimme shelter dvd is grainy and has some moments where the picture blanks out for some time, and this is supposed to be the good footage they had left over, what can we expect of what else was filmed as far as quality?

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: October 16, 2008 03:52

Well keep in mind they didn't use any bonus footage of songs that Klein controls so what did that leave? The covers.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2106
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home