Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Undercover 25th anniversary
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 10, 2008 06:46

It's an US atlantic stock single with regular yellow label like all the others.

I remember someone posted a picture of it few weeks back.

I've been looking for a copy of it for some time with no results.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 10, 2008 06:59

Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeech ... Sorry man I was too busy thinking about my baby...

Das Weissbuch - dieter Hoffman page 227

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: September 10, 2008 07:00

Mathijs
From the day it was released it has remained in my top 3 Stones albums. To date the most aggressive and sexual Stones album, and Jagger hits his absolute best here.

Mathijs
WOW Mathijs, we agree finally in a long time here. This album is one of my all time favorites,from anyone for that matter. All the reasons Mathijs quoted and much more! On another note remember that amp we all wanted to know about, the boutique one in the Shattered video? Did you all figure it out i'm sure you guy's did? but if not i'm pretty sure what it is. peace out!

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: September 11, 2008 08:38

Rockman's post above confirmed my memory that "Too Tough" was merely the b-side of a re-release of "Miss You" timed to coincide w/the release of REWIND -- not a 4th single to promote UNDERCOVER at all. A very distorted untruth in an otherwise fine article on what must indeed be their most-recent truly great album imo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-11 08:43 by Glam Descendant.

Posted by: silverstones69 ()
Date: September 11, 2008 10:16

It is "THE" album that got me into the Stones via a cousin, when he was blasting Too Much Blood in his car & making me sing along to "texas chainsaw massacre....", brilliant wasn't it [not 'orrible - hey Mick?].

A true masterpiece, cannot give this one a big enough compliment.

Still has a sound that sounds fresh & totally different to prior or later efforts. Very Tough & totally badass Stones.

I am glad I can count UNDERCOVER as the one that got me into this unbeatable band!

UNDERCOVER totally Rocks from the get go!!

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: September 11, 2008 10:22

I must re-investigate this album as I haven't played it in years...

I couldn't get into it at the time, despite absolutely loving both Tattoo You & Dirty Work.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: September 11, 2008 13:03

Undercover was one of the two finest albums of '83, IMO, the other of course being Eliminator by ZZ Top. Eliminator has just been lovingly reissued in a deluxe, beautifully remastered, 2-disc, 25th anniversary edition. (Anyone who questions just how far today's remastering technology has come should take a listen to it ... it will blow you away).

Why are we still waiting to hear whether Universal will do the same for Undercover and the rest of the Stones catalogue???

Drew

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: September 14, 2008 19:35

..anyone knows if the original US vinyl with removable stickers has some value ??

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1906
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home