Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: New appreciation for '75 tour
Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: August 1, 2008 23:50

Keith looked absolutely fantastic on this tour:

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 2, 2008 00:02

LOGIE
Keith looked absolutely fantastic on this tour:

Yes: he'd just got his first set of dentures! grinning smiley

Posted by: Jesus Murphy ()
Date: August 25, 2008 02:03

texas fan

I saw two shows that tour, the first San Antonio show (a trainwreck, but a glorious one) and Dallas (according to my memory, easily as good as the LA shows that followed.). No tapes of either have surfaced, although I keep hearing Freezer taped San Antonio.

Freezer indeed taped San Antonio. Back in the spring, he sent copies of the show, along with his uncirculated Zeppelin recordings (New Orleans '71 and Baton Rouge '77) to certain select people at one of the live music sites he frequents -not Dime- but, in true Freezer fashion, only gave them out with specific instructions not to share or upload them! Nice, huh? He's so f'ing paranoid about the bootleggers getting hold of his recordings that he won't share with the general public (unless it's third rate bands nobody really cares about), just among the people who kiss his ass and hang on his every demented pronouncement about taping or bootlegging...and people wonder why this guy, great taper that he is, is so detested in music trading circles. It's sick.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 25, 2008 02:10

Sleepy City
The one thing that irritates me about this era is the way Jagger slurs & growls his way through songs instead of singing. By 1981 he'd learnt to sing again...

But (having said that) I've always found the L.A. Forum '75 DVD fun, same with Paris '76 (possibly superior musically).

I agree,sleepy smiling bouncing smiley

Date: August 25, 2008 03:51

I saw them for my first time in 1975. When I later got a few bootlegs of the tour, I realized just how different they sounded compared to the Mick Taylor era. It was almost like two different bands. Taylor kept Keith on his toes I think.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: August 25, 2008 19:07

Jesus Murphy
He's so f'ing paranoid about the bootleggers getting hold of his recordings that he won't share with the general public (unless it's third rate bands nobody really cares about), just among the people who kiss his ass and hang on his every demented pronouncement about taping or bootlegging...and people wonder why this guy, great taper that he is, is so detested in music trading circles. It's sick.

from what I can tell, this is an understatement!

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: August 25, 2008 20:44

Richard from Canada
I saw them for my first time in 1975. When I later got a few bootlegs of the tour, I realized just how different they sounded compared to the Mick Taylor era. It was almost like two different bands. Taylor kept Keith on his toes I think.

Hmmm, the band did sound different, but Keith generally played very well during this tour, as did Ronnie.

Posted by: Alexander ()
Date: August 30, 2008 20:49

Jesus Murphy
texas fan

I saw two shows that tour, the first San Antonio show (a trainwreck, but a glorious one) and Dallas (according to my memory, easily as good as the LA shows that followed.). No tapes of either have surfaced, although I keep hearing Freezer taped San Antonio.

Freezer indeed taped San Antonio. Back in the spring, he sent copies of the show, along with his uncirculated Zeppelin recordings (New Orleans '71 and Baton Rouge '77) to certain select people at one of the live music sites he frequents -not Dime- but, in true Freezer fashion, only gave them out with specific instructions not to share or upload them! Nice, huh? He's so f'ing paranoid about the bootleggers getting hold of his recordings that he won't share with the general public (unless it's third rate bands nobody really cares about), just among the people who kiss his ass and hang on his every demented pronouncement about taping or bootlegging...and people wonder why this guy, great taper that he is, is so detested in music trading circles. It's sick.

C'mon, Jesus Murphy, you should own up to your part in those shows NOT spreading, because the threads on two or three other sites (TTD, RO, and the LZ site) prove that you had a hand in aggrivating the situation so badly that the people who now have the material won't offer it up.

Freezer didn't tell anyone not to offer it up, he said they should offer it IF they wanted to.... then you got involved.

YOU, Jesus Murphy, you aggrivated the situation repeatedly.

And queered the deal.

In fact, your interference was noted specifically at TTD, and by Freezer himself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-31 01:41 by Alexander.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1595
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home