Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Faces reunion?....how??
Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: August 12, 2008 17:40

Gazza
Yep, but that would also mean that filling more nights at the 02 would require a sizeable amount of multiple-night attendees.

Plus the fact that Rod solo is - and always has been - a bigger draw than the Faces.

you are of course right Gazza, im just curious as to how much the "re-union" factor would counter that, I am also continually intrigued by how reformed bands draw larger crowds then they ever did back in the day, Pixies and Verve to name but two, also how an act like say Leonard cohen stock as a live act has risen over the years, it wasnt long ago that he was playing venues like the RAH now even at his peak he wouldnt have dreamed of playing such large venues. it seems taht people are not only prepered to pay more for tickets these days, but MORE people are.
It would be a gamble if it ever was to take place but i'd be intrigued by how large a crowd they would draw.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 12, 2008 17:48

Is there really any demand? I'm curious. I mean, other than here. I like 'em. I dunno if I'd go see them. I would if I could. But it's not really that important - they broke up eons ago. I dunno.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: August 12, 2008 17:57

Well, I have to admit, that I am not really familar with the Faces (shame on me, I will have to fill this gap in my education). After seeing a couple of clips on youtube I don't doubt they were great, but wouldn't this reunion be very similar to the Police reunion in the terms of motivation...after all these years...There was a big discussion about the tour of Police here and this looks very similar to me. Anyway if that happened, I would go of course - wouldn't miss a chance to see Ronnie...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 12, 2008 18:10

Nanker Phlegm
Gazza
Yep, but that would also mean that filling more nights at the 02 would require a sizeable amount of multiple-night attendees.

Plus the fact that Rod solo is - and always has been - a bigger draw than the Faces.

you are of course right Gazza, im just curious as to how much the "re-union" factor would counter that, I am also continually intrigued by how reformed bands draw larger crowds then they ever did back in the day, Pixies and Verve to name but two, also how an act like say Leonard cohen stock as a live act has risen over the years, it wasnt long ago that he was playing venues like the RAH now even at his peak he wouldnt have dreamed of playing such large venues. it seems taht people are not only prepered to pay more for tickets these days, but MORE people are.
It would be a gamble if it ever was to take place but i'd be intrigued by how large a crowd they would draw.

they could maybe do it if the ticket prices werent silly - but with both Rod and a Rolling Stone on board, thats somewhat unlikely.

Ronnie may be able to command a sizeable wedge of cash based on his status as a Rolling Stone, but when doing anything separate from the band, he's not that big a draw, unfortunately.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-12 18:12 by Gazza.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: August 12, 2008 20:40

It's amazing how many songs from Rod's 1st four albums are mistaken for 'Faces' songs (I guess since Woody & Mac were on them too).

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: August 12, 2008 22:33

jamesfdouglas
It's amazing how many songs from Rod's 1st four albums are mistaken for 'Faces' songs (I guess since Woody & Mac were on them too).

Well, there are a few that all of them play on...such as "I Know I'm Losing You."

"True Blue" was even recorded at a Faces session. [That's why it's engineered by Glyn Johns]

Anyway, I think the opposite is more true: that people think Faces songs like "Stay With Me" are by "Rod Stewart."

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: August 13, 2008 00:55

Gazza
Nanker Phlegm
Gazza

they could maybe do it if the ticket prices werent silly - but with both Rod and a Rolling Stone on board, thats somewhat unlikely.

Ronnie may be able to command a sizeable wedge of cash based on his status as a Rolling Stone, but when doing anything separate from the band, he's not that big a draw, unfortunately.

Yup Gazza, Think Ronnie and Rods demands may well be the stumbling block. But I think bands may have to soon take a reality check with ticket prices , yes that sorta contradicts what I've been saying, but I think prices may have peaked. REM have just moved their stadium gig in cardiff to an arena, may be a sigh of things to come. but for a band not currently active , like the faces, they have no need to tour if the price aint right, well Rod and Ronnie dont.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1678
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home