Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: All Down The Line, dig it.
Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: July 22, 2008 23:23

jamesfdouglas
Let's see yours, guitarbastard.

(Great job kid! Keep it up, don't let the armchair axemen Sway ya - they're just Jealous Again!)

hey, i really don't wanna get into a stupid guitarplayer fight. i think i was quite friendly and just wanted to say my opinion. i didn't say he was bad. but his timing is just really off sometimes. sorry!
i personaly learned the most from people who were telling me what i should work on...and since you called me an armchair axeman i have to defend myself ;-)i played more than 250 liveshows only in the past 4 years. and one more thing: i've never ever been jealous about other musicians. i swear! i really look at it as a huge community where everybody can be your teacher and your student!
peace!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 23, 2008 00:31

Mathijs
Amsterdamned
Mathijs
The intro as you play it is not correct. The album version:

5 5 x 7 7 7 | 5 5 x 7 7 7
6 5 x 7 7 7 | 6 5 x 7 5 0
x x x 7 7 7 | x x x 7 5 0
x x 7 x 7 7 | x x 7 x x 0

Live on most tours (except '78 for example) he played it like:

3/5 3 5 5 3 o
3/5 3 5 5 3 o
x x x 5 5 3 o
x x x 5 5 3 o
x x x 5 5 3 o

On the album version I have always expected the intro to be in standard tuning, while the guitar that takes over as soon as the vocals come in is in open G. The D chord in the intro might also be played as standard D on the second fret.

Mathijs

Funny,you told me (in Dutch) it's not important to copy the RS exact if you want to play them and no you talk like this.
The intro might not be correct,the feel of this guy(as far as the intro is concerned) is ok.

Amsterdamned, you don't have to answer all of my posts.

Anyway, his feeling is off too. He plays every chord exactly right on the beat, especially the sus2 and sus4 additions. Those should be played more percussive, just before and after the beat.

If you put a video of yourself playing a Stones song on one of the biggest Stones boards on the net you can expect a small discussion on how you play it...

Mathijs

His left hand muting needs some improvement(or percussive) when he plays the the verses,and I would
advice him to use a pick..but to quarrel about the intro.. I would give this guy some positive imput instead of talking about some insignificant details.He's still young you know.

I don't feel the need to show how I play it,music is no sport..but if you insist
please let me know.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 30, 2008 19:56

Somebody posted a video response and nails the Exile version pretty well.
of course even the Stones played many very different versions - so keep up with giving it a go.

funny how it doesn't bother him, while his little brother walks around in the room.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 2, 2008 00:30

Amsterdamned
Mathijs
Amsterdamned
Mathijs
The intro as you play it is not correct. The album version:

5 5 x 7 7 7 | 5 5 x 7 7 7
6 5 x 7 7 7 | 6 5 x 7 5 0
x x 7 x 7 7 | x x 7 x x 0

Live on most tours (except '78 for example) he played it like:

3/5 3 5 5 3 o
3/5 3 5 5 3 o
x x x 5 5 3 o
x x x 5 5 3 o
x x x 5 5 3 o

On the album version I have always expected the intro to be in standard tuning, while the guitar that takes over as soon as the vocals come in is in open G. The D chord in the intro might also be played as standard D on the second fret.

Mathijs

Funny,you told me (in Dutch) it's not important to copy the RS exact if you want to play them and no you talk like this.
The intro might not be correct,the feel of this guy(as far as the intro is concerned) is ok.

Amsterdamned, you don't have to answer all of my posts.

Anyway, his feeling is off too. He plays every chord exactly right on the beat, especially the sus2 and sus4 additions. Those should be played more percussive, just before and after the beat.

If you put a video of yourself playing a Stones song on one of the biggest Stones boards on the net you can expect a small discussion on how you play it...

Mathijs

His left hand muting needs some improvement(or percussive) when he plays the the verses,and I would
advice him to use a pick..but to quarrel about the intro.. I would give this guy some positive imput instead of talking about some insignificant details.He's still young you know.

I don't feel the need to show how I play it,music is no sport..but if you insist
please let me know.

Insignificant details?

Playing the right notes at the right time is the essence of making music....

At least in my opinion that is.

Mathijs

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 2, 2008 02:10

Insignificant details?

Playing the right notes at the right time is the essence of making music....

At least in my opinion that is.

Mathijs[/quote]

Pointing out the obvious,but a bit out off context.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1842
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home