Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Amps from 1975 tour
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 27, 2008 20:06

There also appears to be a standard cry baby wah beside the colorsound pedal facing the opposite way.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 27, 2008 21:03

i heard somewhere that the stones have a huge warehouse in london that they share with led zepplin,and i think the who,and this is the storage place for all there equiment. i remember seeing a photo just a general photo nothing that you could zero in on and say i know that amp or guitar because everything is taking care and stored the right way .can you imagine for diehard stones fans who love the ole six string what fun it would be to be given a tour of this warehouse ?as far as the old stages (lotus pedal stage )i want to say i think they are not in this place .

Posted by: cc ()
Date: May 27, 2008 21:17

The Greek
i heard somewhere that the stones have a huge warehouse in london that they share with led zepplin,and i think the who,and this is the storage place for all there equiment.

nice fantasy! And I doubt their stuff is taken care of all that well, beyond a few favorites that they keep near them all the time. Something like a 70s Ampeg is not too hard to replace on short notice with the resources these guys have, and they have techs employed to make the necessary mods. 50s Fender stuff is a different story.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: May 27, 2008 23:20

cc
The Greek
i heard somewhere that the stones have a huge warehouse in london that they share with led zepplin,and i think the who,and this is the storage place for all there equiment.

nice fantasy! And I doubt their stuff is taken care of all that well, beyond a few favorites that they keep near them all the time. Something like a 70s Ampeg is not too hard to replace on short notice with the resources these guys have, and they have techs employed to make the necessary mods. 50s Fender stuff is a different story.

The story of a warehouse in the Docks area, close to the Tower Bridge, where all the Stones stuff is stored keeps being told by people close to the Stones. I don't know what's true and what's not, but I can imagine it being true.

Mathijs

Date: May 27, 2008 23:24

tomk
Mathijs
tomk
So are Richards and Wood using both cabs or just one?
Are they using the cab as an extension speaker or is it a spare?
Also, I assume Jagger used Ampeg for his 1978 guitar use
{as I've only seen 2 Mesas, Richard and Wood).
Was Jagger's amp on Keith's side or Wood's?

Both Wood and Richards had two amps with cabs setup, but only played through one. The other is a spare. Jagger's amp during the '78 tour is the Boogie closest to Charlie on the left (Wood) side you can sometime see. They all played through Boogie MK 1's on the '78 tour.

Mathijs

I've only seen pictures of two Mesas on the 1978 tour,
assuming those would be for Wood and Richards.
Are there pictures with 3?
I always thought the Mesa on Charlie's side was Woods
and Jaggers's amp was farther left.

I have some pics of three mesa's, with the one closest to Charlie being Micks, and the one left to it being slaved through a SVT. I also have a picture with two Boogie's and a V-4 or V-2 with 2*12 cab for Jagger, as well as only SVT's for Richards and Wood and a Boogie for Jagger. I guess it all depended on the size of the venue.

However, as far as I know they only had three hard wood / wicker cane Boogie's in '77/'78.

Mathijs

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 28, 2008 02:41

the coat looks 75ish, but the green suit does not, just having seen a lot of 75 tour fotos and that having been my first tour, but I suppose I would have to go back and look carefully at a lot of fotos to get it right.

But that was a good question: how do u know it is San Antonio? just comparing it to other fotos, but there must be various kinds of clues in the foto that convince u of this

p

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: May 28, 2008 06:08

Mathijs
tomk
Mathijs
tomk

Both Wood and Richards had two amps with cabs setup, but only played through one. The other is a spare. Jagger's amp during the '78 tour is the Boogie closest to Charlie on the left (Wood) side you can sometime see. They all played through Boogie MK 1's on the '78 tour.

Mathijs

I have some pics of three mesa's, with the one closest to Charlie being Micks, and the one left to it being slaved through a SVT. I also have a picture with two Boogie's and a V-4 or V-2 with 2*12 cab for Jagger, as well as only SVT's for Richards and Wood and a Boogie for Jagger. I guess it all depended on the size of the venue.

However, as far as I know they only had three hard wood / wicker cane Boogie's in '77/'78.

Mathijs

Post those photos if you can, or if anybody has them.
Were there 3 Mesas on Saturday Night Live, too?
I'll check the tape/ video again.

Date: May 28, 2008 09:09

tomk
Mathijs
tomk
Mathijs
tomk

Mathijs

Mathijs

Post those photos if you can, or if anybody has them.
Were there 3 Mesas on Saturday Night Live, too?
I'll check the tape/ video again.

I will send them to another memeber who can post them (thanks ahead). I don't recall seeing Mick's Boogie on Satrurday Night Live, but he certainly plays one during Respectable, judged on the sound.

Mathijs

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1738
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home