Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: When are they gonna meet again???
Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 16, 2008 21:57

Scale it up, up, up. I firmly believe that The Stones music needs Stadium to be at the top. That dimension : audience breathe, lacks in SAL. If they don't do it, it means that Rock is damned to disappear rapidly. Isn't Rio the best example of what a Stones night is.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 16, 2008 22:09

phd
Scale it up, up, up. I firmly believe that The Stones music needs Stadium to be at the top. That dimension : audience breathe, lacks in SAL. If they don't do it, it means that Rock is damned to disappear rapidly. Isn't Rio the best example of what a Stones night is.

With the right kind of editing, sure.

The last 2 stadium shows I saw, most people around me seemed bored and distracted. The crowd just wasn't very engaged but again, a lot of that can be faked in a video to make it seem more exciting than it really was.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 16, 2008 22:26

phd

Why? A stadium show is all about spectacle. Not music. "Rock" doesnt need fireworks and flashing lights to survive. It needs live music.

If theres a problem with SAL like you describe, its down to the way the film is edited as it disregards the audience for the most part. I'm sure those who were at the show itself have their own pleasant memories of it.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: May 16, 2008 22:40

re: when are they gonna meet again?

Mick and Ronnie were at the Racanteurs show. [www.nme.com]

Maybe they contacted Keith & Charlie via Skype or some other teleconference. winking smiley
Actually...maybe they use iChat.....Mick's an Apple guy.

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-16 22:44 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 18, 2008 13:54

Gazza
the latter. I dont do clean jokes.

So I noticed. smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1410
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home