Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Youtube: Mick singing in 1968 vs 2007
Posted by: ablett ()
Date: May 4, 2008 20:39

"Exactly, the band called The Rolling Stones.

- Doxa"

Meaning?

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: May 4, 2008 20:41

georgelicks
Awesome pics Erik. Some people is stuck in the past.

Really, who?

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: May 4, 2008 20:52

LA FORUM
georgelicks
Awesome pics Erik. Some people is stuck in the past.

Really, who?

The guy who made the video, the Mick Taylor army, general whiners, people waiting for the next "classic" (almost 30 years after of the last one), ALL of us actually.
With 46 years of Stones' history it's not too hard.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 4, 2008 21:06

ablett

- Doxa"

Meaning?

You know, you take the scenes in 1975 pics from Erik, and rebuild them in Hollywood studio (or in Las Vegas, if you like)- in this reconstruction the buildings are kept up by assistansts and sidekicks, the old 'original' cars are driven by autopilot... grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: May 4, 2008 22:40

Another one topic for Mick, various topics about Keith, we recycle here the same opinions every few days, on the same subjects, sometimes using the same words. Why don't we use the threads we already have on the board? It's a bit tiresom...

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: May 4, 2008 22:51

Notice how it is the same old people stuck in the past? Wearing their bell bottoms, eating rock candy and playing Risk.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-04 22:53 by FrankM.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 4, 2008 23:31

Erik_Snow
There's bound to be some changes in 30-40 years

Santa Clara Street, San Jose 1975First Street at San Fernando, San Jose 1975....................................................................First Street at San Fernando, San Jose 2006

[www.bvnasj.org]

Erik, those are interesting pictures of San Jose. That is near where I live. How did you decide on those pictures, was it just random or did you visit there or something?

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: May 4, 2008 23:37

Well, I'll always listen to them and will always love them.

But better singin now? Never! Perhaps he hearned some tricks and had some vocal lessons.

But in the 60's to the early 70's there was something very special in his voice.
And I really got the shivers every time I heard him.
That's gone now.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 4, 2008 23:43

That's gone now.

maybe you got old?

...and tired?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 5, 2008 00:06

ryanpow
Erik, those are interesting pictures of San Jose. That is near where I live. How did you decide on those pictures, was it just random or did you visit there or something?

Ryan, I always check out then/now pictures of San Francisco or the areas nearby, it was such a cool atmosphere there, in the Hitchcock movies - especially Vertigo, and the TV series Streets Of San Francisco, Dirty Harry....etc etc Now....it's more hum hum, but there's the occasional glimpse of grandour...even now. Facinating city - at least from a distanse

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-05 00:58 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: May 5, 2008 00:40

open-g

That's gone now.

maybe you got old?
...and tired?

Maybe,-
but I try to see it from a objective view.To me he was a much better Rock singer than!
I think even Mick sees it that way.(In a interview).

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 5, 2008 01:39

Hum - yeah - hum ...I know what ya mean, somehow.

but... objective - one can be when the Stones are discussed in the past tense, imho.
I mean how long did it take the Mickster to let the R&R Circus out?
everything seems to look & sound better in hind sight.
Dirty Work had a bad rap at it's time, but it grew with time. and thats not the only album.

I hope we can speak in 10 years time about SAL's JJF and objectiveness.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 5, 2008 04:07

Erik_Snow
ryanpow

Ryan, I always check out then/now pictures of San Francisco or the areas nearby, it was such a cool atmosphere there, in the Hitchcock movies - especially Vertigo, and the TV series Streets Of San Francisco, Dirty Harry....etc etc Now....it's more hum hum, but there's the occasional glimpse of grandour...even now. Facinating city - at least from a distanse

yes I agree!

the then/ now pictures are fascinating. The movie Zodiac came out last year but It takes places in SF mostly in the late 60's thru the 70's. I really like the way it looks. If you haven't seen it its a crime mystery about the Zodiac Killer. warning though : its long and you have to really pay attention to follow the plot. but well worth it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-05 06:54 by ryanpow.

Date: May 5, 2008 08:13

Doxa
ablett

- Doxa"

Meaning?

You know, you take the scenes in 1975 pics from Erik, and rebuild them in Hollywood studio (or in Las Vegas, if you like)- in this reconstruction the buildings are kept up by assistansts and sidekicks, the old 'original' cars are driven by autopilot... grinning smiley

- Doxa

And actually I liked the pics from 1975 (thanks Erik). Made me think of the great American films of the 70s.

Date: May 5, 2008 08:15

Erik_Snow
ryanpow

Just San Fransisco or other parts of the US as well? Cool pics, thanks for posting. It looked a bit like the midwest, dunno why, maybe the low houses.

Posted by: bjarke_nl ()
Date: May 6, 2008 07:02

Look guys, these kind of threads are started by guys who feels/are old now, and don't have the guts or balls to do something about it like Mick has done amazingly for many years now, and many years to come. I truly feel sorry for them, and use it as a strong motivation NEVER to end up like them, and keeping the focus and energy on the future and not the past, just like Mick!
Enough said!

Date: May 6, 2008 11:18

bjarke_nl
Look guys, these kind of threads are started by guys who feels/are old now, and don't have the guts or balls to do something about it like Mick has done amazingly for many years now, and many years to come. I truly feel sorry for them, and use it as a strong motivation NEVER to end up like them, and keeping the focus and energy on the future and not the past, just like Mick!
Enough said!

Oh yeah, that is also the reason I don't like Jesus, because I can not be as humble and merciful and ethical as him.

(I never understand the people who are comparing the FANS to their IDOLS - two absolutely different entities, and the relation between them is not equal. It is not only tasteless, but also a fallacy to do that.)

- Doxa

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 6, 2008 17:51

I don't know how you can bring Jesus into this. Nobody knows him because most of it has been made up and blown out of proportion. He's been so over hyped it's beyond funny. We know a lot about Mick Jagger as a frontman for a rock band etc...

Date: May 6, 2008 18:34

skipstone
I don't know how you can bring Jesus into this. Nobody knows him because most of it has been made up and blown out of proportion. He's been so over hyped it's beyond funny. We know a lot about Mick Jagger as a frontman for a rock band etc...

Well, they wrote a book about the guy. There has been critical discussion about its historical accuracy, but hey... you don't take ACCORDING TO THE ROLLING STONES neither as a bible... or do you?

And hmmm,.. we actually do know quite a lot about Jesus as a frontman for a religion - I think has been covered and discussed quite more than Mick Jagger as a frontman for a rock band... I think the Nasaretian guy is even better known for his role than our Mick (and don't believe what that stupid Lennon guy says...)grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-06 18:41 by Doxa.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 6, 2008 18:40

Schwarzbuch and Weissbuch would be the 2 Rolling Stones bibles...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1770
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home