Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: The wildest Stones related thing you ever did
Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: May 2, 2008 21:57

When I was 19 - car-surfed while lip-synching to Brown Sugar on acid.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 2, 2008 22:45

In 2002, when the presale for the Stones European clubshows were about to
start, I slept next to my running pc at night.
Outlook Express was checking the mail
every minute for the incoming confirmation that the presale would start.

I was trying to be online for days in a row, waiting for the Paris
Olympia presale. They were great threads here on iorr (deleted now)
with all the waiting freaks here (blutsvente, salar, bruce.h.kramer...)
hitting the refresh button again and again and again and again and...

Finally I got my Olympia tickets on December 6th, being online right
at the moment when the GET TICKETS button appeared. After 3 minutes
the presale was over. thumbs up

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: May 3, 2008 01:35

I was doing the same thing that December morning, Too Tough, but sadly I fell asleep at the keyboard, I woke up to find the pre-sale for the show had sold out. Thankfully a friend got me a band ticket the day of the show. Would have ruined the vacation if I did not get in!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 3, 2008 01:43

Gazza, I laughed out loud when I read your reply!! Yes, bodyguards 'round the clock and they ARE necessary! He must be yanking our chains! Boston 2006, I loved your post!! I can picture you on the counter doing your " best Mick Jagger!". Did you have your tall white chef's hat on and apron??
Ok, my wildest Stones adventure has not been told many times because I can't believe I did it. In 1998, in Montreal I was staying at the Weston Hotel where the Stones were also staying; they had the 22nd and 23rd floors. I paid the conceirge to " borrow" a maid's uniform for me which I put on in the ladies room. Meanwhile I had him assign a bellhop to me, for a tidy fee. The Bellhop got a laundry bin on wheels for me and a pile of towels. I climbed into the bin, buried myself in towels and we went up in the elevator to the 23rd floor. I told him that all I wanted to do was have a few minutes in Mick's room, of course, when he was not there! Just in case I was caught, I was prepared to say I was bringing in fresh linens and towels. It could have been bad if Mick had returned to find a " maid" in his room that he had not asked for!! He let me into the room, and I'm not sure what I'd expected but it was pretty normal. There were 3 guitars in the room, I noticed a Fender, a 12-string acoustic( I think it may have been Keith's) and another acoustic, 6 string. Notebooks were on a table, set-list notes were written, not finished. The bed was unmade, the closet was neat, he lines up his shoes precisely. A bottle of German white wine was in an ice bucket, there were guitar picks on his night stand, a nasal spray, sweat pants, t-shirts on a chair. I took a picture of the room and left FAST! It was cool! I did not look in his drawers or suitcase. I just couldn't and no, I did not take anything. Not even a pick.

Posted by: King Snake ()
Date: May 3, 2008 02:05

Haha that's funny. Your friend is very loyal indeed.

I did these things when I was a kid though: I'd have lights, and confetti, and balloons, and I'd stage a 1981 show. Ofcourse, then, my guitar was still plastic, most of the strings broken. But I loved it.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 3, 2008 02:06

ablett
Who played Blondies parts?

Gaz might know????

Barn Owl, although as I didnt see it myself, that may mean it never actually happened....

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: May 3, 2008 02:24

Did you perform at a private Bankers convention too?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-03 02:25 by vudicus.

Date: May 3, 2008 04:22

P.S. My story was a late April Fool's joke!!

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: May 3, 2008 05:05

Well this is a true story. It was in 98 At the Aloha bowl in Hawaii. Over a 2 night period. The first night my friends and i are of course Really STOAKED, The STONES in HAWAII! Does'nt get any better than that. Since i lived there for 10 years on and off and only dreamed about it my whole life. Well the first night we were of course totally partying down hard booze and blow, I had the bindle when i ran to the b-stage got up to the front and grabed someone's seat that was'nt there and was standing on the seat just eye to eye with the boy's yelling and rocking hard. Then all of a sudden this chick comes in and start's yelling at me to get off her seat i just ignored her since she was right there too,no hard feeling's since i did'nt know if it was really her's. So we get into a spat and she pushes me off the chair violently and i fall through and break my ankle. Big Big scene after this the police come all the while the Stones are still jamming,i tell the police my story, they arrest her and the paramedics have me on a strecher, i was leaving while the Stones were playing Last Time one of my favorites and as i'm leaving in the strecher i pull out my bindle and pore some on my hand I lift my hand in the air and show Keith while i'm snorting it. He looked at me like in total amazement. The next night i'm in a cast and cruches and i get a seat at the B-stage for the whole show since i can't move and Keith sees me when they get there and gives me 2 thumbs up

Posted by: KeefRichards88 ()
Date: May 3, 2008 05:15

vudicus

The bankers show was tough, so what i did was i waited till the day after that, so it was July 13th and I put 50 names in a hat and drawed one and kept calling people untill i got an answer and a yes i can come. Only one person was allowed to see that show, so i was like doing a private show for one person. The only complant by the person was it was too loud. but there was a nice 50 inch plasma screen on the wall so i used some footage from the theater dvd on four flicks and from the china concert on the ABB DVD for the screen. I knew there was not one at the real stones gig, but i thought i have one i might as well use it.

I still have a binder of ever setlist printed out for every show i did. I got 146 different setlists in there. All my friends love looking through it to see what shows they went to see me play.

Posted by: keeffriffhard ()
Date: May 3, 2008 14:08

Whoheeee

This topic is the best in months!

hahaha

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: May 3, 2008 19:07

mickschix
P.S. My story was a late April Fool's joke!!

REALLY????!!!!

Date: May 3, 2008 19:16

YEAH, REALLY!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 4, 2008 02:51

KeefRichards88
vudicus

The bankers show was tough, so what i did was i waited till the day after that, so it was July 13th and I put 50 names in a hat and drawed one and kept calling people untill i got an answer and a yes i can come. Only one person was allowed to see that show, so i was like doing a private show for one person. The only complant by the person was it was too loud. but there was a nice 50 inch plasma screen on the wall so i used some footage from the theater dvd on four flicks and from the china concert on the ABB DVD for the screen. I knew there was not one at the real stones gig, but i thought i have one i might as well use it.

I still have a binder of ever setlist printed out for every show i did. I got 146 different setlists in there. All my friends love looking through it to see what shows they went to see me play.

You need locked up. So do your friends, for that matter.

Posted by: parislocksmith ()
Date: May 4, 2008 04:36

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-24 06:48 by parislocksmith.

Posted by: ERC6761 ()
Date: May 15, 2008 04:09

no way can this thread be allowed to fall away into the black hole of cyberspace....keep it going its solid gold

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 15, 2008 15:04

I chased after Charlie's car once, but the original post simply dwarfs what I've done.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: May 15, 2008 18:13

I once employed a builder to do some repairs at work when I misheard his name: he turned out to be Rod Wood...

Posted by: KeefRichards88 ()
Date: May 17, 2008 02:49

I just completed my second wildest stones experience, I have about 20 stones shirts and my whole senior year in high school i wore a different one everyday and kept alternating them. I just finished my second year of college today and I have worn a stones shirt every day to college, always making sure part of the shirt shows. Thats 3 years of wearing a stones shirt every school day. I will be wearing non stones shirts through out the summer except for a few random days when i decied to wear one.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: May 17, 2008 06:15

on a whim totally unplanned, for the 9/2002 opener, i drove 10 hours north to boston to try to get into theorpheum theater, parked at a meter in boston common marched in to the 4 seasons sat down ordered a glass of wine and talked to a real estate mogul who lived next door who introduced me to blondie, bah, I wasn't tryingto meet anyone really, had an interesting chat, almost met my hero then left to a parking ticket and a thunderstorm and stood in line but didn't get into the orpheum drove back tail between my legs not having explanation for the beau who proceeded to find a slut to screw around with, upon him calling in his amorous rendezvous via cell phone threw his antiques and tools out into front yard wherein he sued for opossesion of the house we had bought together
causing me to put it up for sale and selling for 200k profit in a matter of mpnths, beau decided to kill himself 2/2007 and here I am....

he was so sure i screwed around on him on that venture. Not.

how stupid is that?

if I said it was worth it would I be an @#$%&?

Posted by: ERC6761 ()
Date: May 19, 2008 07:25

tumbled
on a whim totally unplanned, for the 9/2002 opener, i drove 10 hours north to boston to try to get into theorpheum theater, parked at a meter in boston common marched in to the 4 seasons sat down ordered a glass of wine and talked to a real estate mogul who lived next door who introduced me to blondie, bah, I wasn't tryingto meet anyone really, had an interesting chat, almost met my hero then left to a parking ticket and a thunderstorm and stood in line but didn't get into the orpheum drove back tail between my legs not having explanation for the beau who proceeded to find a slut to screw around with, upon him calling in his amorous rendezvous via cell phone threw his antiques and tools out into front yard wherein he sued for opossesion of the house we had bought together
causing me to put it up for sale and selling for 200k profit in a matter of mpnths, beau decided to kill himself 2/2007 and here I am....

he was so sure i screwed around on him on that venture. Not.

when you sold the house did you engage the same agent that you met in the Four Seasons?

how stupid is that?

if I said it was worth it would I be an @#$%&?

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1547
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home