Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: save your money
Posted by: paulr15 ()
Date: April 11, 2008 20:58

Right on Justin. When we respond others get offended and the guy you direct the comments to is gone???

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 11, 2008 21:01

To me it sounds like a "must" date, "we have to play obscure
things because a dedicated Stones fan will film it".

Just now I realize that I havenĀ“t heard it today. The same
was with Live Licks when it came out.

Posted by: JK ()
Date: April 11, 2008 21:07

Two words: Charlie Watts!

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: April 11, 2008 21:10

JK

The Wembley Hammer! Worth the price of admission by himself. Wang Dang Doodle!!

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: April 11, 2008 21:21

mickijaggeroo
JK

The Wembley Hammer! Worth the price of admission by himself. Wang Dang Doodle!!

Isn't the Wembley Whammer or the Whammer from Wembley?

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: April 11, 2008 21:39

forligan, there are already two topics about SAL in this site but you make another one. Why? And what a "great" title... "Save your money"... What a "touching" advice! We're not kids, forligan... Anyone is allowed free expression here, but why on earth do you think that your opinion becomes more convincing with childish "advices"?

Anyway, my opinion is completely different. SAL is an EXCELLENT live album. Energetic, rocking, row enough. To me "highlight" is the ...whole "Disc 1". Warhorses are not sounding dull to me. We just have heard these songs 1,000 times live. "Paint It Black" is the best live version since "Atlantic City 1989", IMO. I repeat, to me SAL is the best Stones live album in years. Exceptions? Yes, an insignificance. A few weak Mick's moments (if you idolaze the past, just listen to Love You Live again and tell me how many times Mick was singing out of tune, or like he was chewing gum...). And a few band's sloppy moments. So what? Many performances from 1978 tour had been 20 times more sloppy (just listen again to "Out On Bail" boot). The whole SAL album makes me really happy.

Folks, honestly, sometimes i can't understand some of you... Do you want the Stones to be the band they were in 1969? Don't even in 1981/82 they were the same band. But they are still a great band. As ever. If you don't feel it or don't accept it, OK, no problem. We just have different opinions. But, hey, don't tell me how to spend my money, right? I'm here to have conversations about the Stones, not about my purse..

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: April 11, 2008 21:42

SAL is great. There are some low points but overall it's a classic: She was hot, Tumbling Dice, Some Girls, Champagne & Reefers. All great stuff.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 11, 2008 21:46

paulr15
Right on Justin. When we respond others get offended and the guy you direct the comments to is gone???

Yup...it annoys the hell outta me. These people write the most in your face posts then bail on actually discussing the topic and backing anything up. it's always the same...these people drop in too drop their shit...we take it seriously and discuss it and we only get mad at each other. The guy who started it in the first place chickens out and is nowhere to be found.

Posted by: paulr15 ()
Date: April 11, 2008 21:50

It is great CD / Movie. Never gonna be perfect but nothing is.

One day we won't have the stones around - right forligan!! Then what?

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: April 11, 2008 23:12

Thommie wrote: "First of all it doesn't seem to be overdubbed.
But if it was heavily overdubbed - isn't the final result that counts?"

In addition, according to rumours "Ya Yas" was overdubbed, but i don't see anyone being bothered by this fact (if it's fact).

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: April 12, 2008 00:35

Despite some rumours - Ya-Ya's isn't overdubbed at all - except for some vocals by Mick Jagger.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 12, 2008 02:16

Thommie
Despite some rumours - Ya-Ya's isn't overdubbed at all - except for some vocals by Mick Jagger.

I believe Gazza has a link that explains in detail the complete list of overdubs done on this live recording.

But here's a link that explains the many overdubs of Mick's dialogue.

[www.rollingstonesnet.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-12 02:19 by Justin.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: April 12, 2008 02:23

I've had it for a week now and really digging it !!!

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: April 12, 2008 02:44

>it's always the same...these people drop in too drop their shit...we take it seriously and discuss it and we only get mad at each other. The guy who started it in the first place chickens out and is nowhere to be found

It's called "trolling". Just don't pay them any attention.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 916
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home