Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The whole Zeppelin Thing
Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: March 13, 2008 20:07

Actually, I think they've been playing IORR live in the same key since '75 - which is different from the studio version (not sure what key offhand - I only sang it in our old Stones band).

Come to think of it, I think Tumbling Dice was in C in the studio and in B live. One note difference is not as noticable.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: March 13, 2008 20:34

XM Radio has removed the Led Zep channel.

Date: March 13, 2008 20:46

my two cents...

I don't know really why Plant is the lone hold out. He won't have to worry about it not being successful.

If he thinks his voice or band or whatever wouldn't hold out an X number of shows, maybe they could do some summer festivals. While that will not get them anywhere the money a full tour would, it could satisfy fans somewhat and it won't be a forced performance every night.

I just can't imagine what is keeping Plant up, i thought that if enough money was thrown at him, he would do it. it helped in these other 'reunions'. I never ever thought The Police, KISS, and esp. Van Halen would get together in any way.

so we'll see i guess

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: March 13, 2008 21:15

Some people might say that Led Zepp (pr plant) are showing far more "resilience and strength " by resisting the big bucks and not touring. The L.Z. members don't seem to have the need to define themselves as the stones seem to.

maybe its because the Stones have a bigger legacy and are the brand ROLLING STONES is more iconic the Zepp's and hard to shake, maybe its because any solo attempts have not really been commercial or artistic success's.

A

Posted by: Matti ()
Date: March 13, 2008 23:13

Donkey Girl Scout
my two cents...

I don't know really why Plant is the lone hold out. He won't have to worry about it not being successful.

I just can't imagine what is keeping Plant up, i thought that if enough money was thrown at him, he would do it. it helped in these other 'reunions'. I never ever thought The Police, KISS, and esp. Van Halen would get together in any way.

so we'll see i guess

Maybe he just doesn´t want to play that "role" again, I don´t know. And remember, he already did two tours with Page in the 90´s. So he kind of gave fans what they wanted and had his share of the cash.

Posted by: clarkemf ()
Date: March 14, 2008 02:34

True they rehearsed for a good last show.... but still, Zeppelin was a very unlikely choice for the Ahmet tribute when you compare them to Cream, who have reunited much more recently and were another major Atlantic Records band. I know Cream bowed out b/c of the commercial feel of the event, but for Zep to be convinced to do the 02 makes me sure that they will be back for more when you consider the effort that show took to perform, and perform so well.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: March 14, 2008 04:03

clarkemf
I agree that you guys all respect Plant saying he doesn't owe us anything... but as Jimmy said... it really seems like they did a lot of work rehashing material for the 02 show for it to be a one off.. thoughts?

I agree, it does seem sort of crazy to put in all that rehearsal and get the music that tight and then only play one concert. I can see where Plant is coming from as far as not wanting to tarnish the band's legacy, etc., but if he was going to hold to that then why reunite at all, even for one show. At this point it's like you've already played once, why not just go on tour?

If I had to guess I'd say they won't tour just because Plant has been so strongly against it for so long. But I would have guessed they wouldn't do the reunion show for the same reason, so maybe they are planning to tour after all. It's possible Plant just doesn't want to announce it now because it would completely overshadow his current tour with Alison Krauss. After that tour's over he may well agree to do the Zeppelin reunion, if not a full-blown tour then maybe some one-off festival gigs as someone suggested.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1525
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home