Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Stones to tour Asia soon!
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 30, 2007 11:19

I honestly think they should relax the first half of 2008,
make a record in the second half and tour again in early 2009.

Re: Stones to tour Asia soon!
Posted by: babablack ()
Date: October 30, 2007 12:18

is this Asian tour going to include Australia?

Re: Stones to tour Asia soon!
Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: October 30, 2007 12:31

babablack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> is this Asian tour going to include Australia?


im hoping so
3 nights at Rod Laver will make me happy

Re: Stones to tour Asia soon!
Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: October 30, 2007 14:01

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you are fed up with the Stones then go see a
> boyband or a blues act.


If you don't happen to worship the ground the Stones walk on, their ticket prices, their setlists,
Keith's guitar skills nowadays, every decision the band has made since 1962 -
you will get a disrespectful and arrogant reply from our beloved moderator.
LOL!!! People have different views and that's the way it should be, right!

Re: Stones to tour Asia soon!
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 30, 2007 14:06

flowerchild Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> where would they play in Africa (what countries
> cities) besides South Africa?


Nowhere...and probably not South Africa either.

Re: Stones to tour Asia soon!
Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 30, 2007 14:06

They will tour and play for people in Asia. They don't expect people to come from outside India to shows in India. I mean you and me and probably some others are maniacs with nothing else to do in life than sit in airplanes and follow the Stones, but apart from that, if you ignore the maniacs, the superfans and those who are paid to do the shows, the fans who go would be local. Nothing special with that. German fans in Germany. Indian fans in India. Japanese fans in Japan. Etc.

Bjornulf

Re: Stones to tour Asia soon!
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 30, 2007 14:27

TooTough Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I honestly think they should relax the first half
> of 2008,
> make a record in the second half and tour again in
> early 2009.


from an artistic point of view, a record in the near future would be a preferable option for me too, but......

Re: Stones to tour Asia soon!
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 30, 2007 16:13

Touring Stones is certainly better than no Stones, but new Stones is best of all. If BV's info on the other thread comes to fruition, I wouldn't be surprised if the Stones join Madonna at Live Nation rather than continue with Virgin/EMI.

Re: Stones to tour Asia soon!
Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 30, 2007 20:09

Some people seem to think that they are best off having the Stones put to rest for a while. I don't see any logic reason for that. People in Asia don't see any logic reason for waiting. They want the Stones now. Millions of fans fans in Asia have never seen the Stones live. I think the Stones should feel free to tour wherever they want, whenever they want.

Bjornulf

Re: Stones to tour Asia soon!
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 30, 2007 20:37

Rocky Dijon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Touring Stones is certainly better than no Stones,
> but new Stones is best of all. If BV's info on the
> other thread comes to fruition, I wouldn't be
> surprised if the Stones join Madonna at Live
> Nation rather than continue with Virgin/EMI.


I cant imagine them doing another studio album for EMI. The last few releases issued by them (Live Licks, Rarities) smack of end of contract barrel scraping.

The scenario of future releases being issued without the need for a 'normal' record label in the way Madonna, McCartney, The Eagles etc are doing make more sense for two reasons.

Bigger slice of the pie for the Stones plus the fact that no record label in their right mind is going to give a long term record deal to a band in their mid 60s who have only released four studio albums in the last two decades and who have had 2 or 3 members who have had to come through potentially life threatening health issues in the last 3 years.

Re: Stones to tour Asia soon!
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 30, 2007 20:47

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> from an artistic point of view, a record in the
> near future would be a preferable option for me
> too, but......


Why so they have another album of material to ignore?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Re: Stones to tour Asia soon!
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 30, 2007 20:54

thats precisely why I said "artistic point of view" and ended with "but...." !!

Re: Stones to tour Asia soon!
Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: October 30, 2007 21:11

Gazza Wrote:

> I cant imagine them doing another studio album for
> EMI. The last few releases issued by them (Live
> Licks, Rarities) smack of end of contract barrel
> scraping.
>
> The scenario of future releases being issued
> without the need for a 'normal' record label in
> the way Madonna, McCartney, The Eagles etc are
> doing make more sense for two reasons.
>
> Bigger slice of the pie for the Stones plus the
> fact that no record label in their right mind is
> going to give a long term record deal to a band in
> their mid 60s who have only released four studio
> albums in the last two decades and who have had 2
> or 3 members who have had to come through
> potentially life threatening health issues in the
> last 3 years.


I totally agree.

Re: Stones to tour Asia soon!
Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: October 30, 2007 21:26

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Some people seem to think that they are best off
> having the Stones put to rest for a while. I don't
> see any logic reason for that. People in Asia
> don't see any logic reason for waiting. They want
> the Stones now. Millions of fans fans in Asia have
> never seen the Stones live. I think the Stones
> should feel free to tour wherever they want,
> whenever they want.

You're absolutely correct they should tour in the Far East. If there is demand to see them based on market research it would be ridiculous not to take advantage of the opportunity. No need for a new stage either since it's still a continuation of ABB Tour. Just like they don't expect fans from Singapore to travel to NYC, they only expect local fans to show up in the Far East.

Re: Stones to tour Asia soon!
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: October 30, 2007 21:54

Who say's it's a continuation of the Bigger Bang tour?

Re: Stones to tour Asia soon!
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 30, 2007 21:58

Licks Part III ??

Re: Stones to tour Asia soon!
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: October 30, 2007 22:06

How long will it go on for caling it A Bigger Bang, they could keep calling it by the same name and breaking their own record again with the biggest grossing tour of all time. Well every band could do that each time they went on tour, it could go on for years, all bands could break records by calling their tours by the same name and add up what they have grossed over the past 5 or 10 years.

No, I think The Stones will give it a new name because they will eventually go back and play America and they can't call it A Bigger Bang then Can they??

God , I hope this all sounds clear I think I've started to waffle now.

Re: Stones to tour Asia soon!
Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 30, 2007 22:07

It's just the Stones you know. The band we love and their songs. To be honest I don't think most fans in their new markets care at all what the tour is named and the color and shape of the stage. They used the "Rio" stage in Buenos Aires. Also New Zealand and some other places. Not a downer. Same with Asia. People just want to see the Stones. It's like Elton John and his piano. He is touring always. With his piano. They go and see him because they love his show and hois songs. Same with Bob Dylan. You don't worry about how the stage theatrics are or the name of that particular show. Just like finding the right partner in life. You don't check the exteriors and decorations too long; you look for the inner values, and with the Stones, they are rock solid, whatever stage, whatever name of the tour. Asia will love the Stones, I am sure. Otherwise they would not even think about touring there.

Bjornulf

Re: Stones to tour Asia soon!
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: October 30, 2007 22:09

pgarof Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who say's it's a continuation of the Bigger Bang
> tour?

i just can't see them having a new name and stage (and setlist) just for asia. unless they use the s. america stage from '06.

Re: Stones to tour Asia soon!
Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: October 30, 2007 22:34

as Ive said before, they should use the old Merv Griffin Show set. Is anyone from the stones listening?

Re: Stones to tour Asia soon!
Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: October 30, 2007 22:36

ryanpow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> as Ive said before, they should use the old Merv
> Griffin Show set. Is anyone from the stones
> listening?

Maybe Kramer will loan it out to them.

Re: Stones to tour Asia soon!
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 30, 2007 23:07

what the hell is a boyband?

Re: Stones to tour Asia soon!
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 30, 2007 23:07

Any idea where in the States they will go other than MSG?

Re: Stones to tour Asia soon!
Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: October 31, 2007 00:03

pgarof Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How long will it go on for caling it A Bigger
> Bang, they could keep calling it by the same name
> and breaking their own record again with the
> biggest grossing tour of all time. Well every band
> could do that each time they went on tour, it
> could go on for years, all bands could break
> records by calling their tours by the same name
> and add up what they have grossed over the past 5
> or 10 years.
>
> No, I think The Stones will give it a new name
> because they will eventually go back and play
> America and they can't call it A Bigger Bang then
> Can they??
>
> God , I hope this all sounds clear I think I've
> started to waffle now.


So you're of the opinion(which you are entitled to have) that they are kicking off a brand new tour in Asia? Didn't they play the USA twice already under the moniker of ABB? Personally, I don't see a need to give a tour any name. I think the only reason tours are given names is just to sell merchandise t-shirts, programs, etc.

Re: Stones to tour Asia soon!
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 31, 2007 00:13

timbernardis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what the hell is a boyband?


Bands with boys in them.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Re: Stones to tour Asia soon!
Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: October 31, 2007 00:29

WMiller Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ryanpow Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > as Ive said before, they should use the old
> Merv
> > Griffin Show set. Is anyone from the stones
> > listening?
>
> Maybe Kramer will loan it out to them.

I doubt it....not since the messy squirrel incident


Re: Stones to tour Asia soon!
Posted by: monkeyman07 ()
Date: October 31, 2007 00:37

sweetcharmedlife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> timbernardis Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > what the hell is a boyband?
>
>
> Bands with boys in them.


Like "School Of Rock"????
thats a good movie!

Re: Stones to tour Asia soon!
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: October 31, 2007 11:00

Now the Who are going to tour Asia as well maybe they could support The Stones and save costs?

Re: Stones to tour Asia soon!
Date: October 31, 2007 11:05

pgarof Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now the Who are going to tour Asia as well maybe
> they could support The Stones and save costs?


ha!

Re: Stones to tour Asia soon!
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 31, 2007 11:12

Whats the funny in that? An excellent idea by pgarof imo.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1968
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home