Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: what kind of NEW stones album do we need???
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: October 10, 2007 18:27

Yea Rocky Dijon - I think you are completely right. But still - I would love another great riff from Keith, but maybe it is too much to ask now. Anyway - speaking about hypothetical Keith's solo project - I would love to see him live on his solo tour, but I am somehow sure that will not happen. And if, then he is not to come to the central Europe :-(( Too bad for us.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 10, 2007 20:38

.....anyone else see Dean Goodman/vh1 Mick interview re: Evening Gown............. was written in late 70's and then Jagger decided while recording WS to finish it and keep it rather than give it to the Stones........thats 10+ years later..........tells me thay might be sitting on more dynamite.....and that while they say they 'write together (ABcool smiley...they probably don't work together anymore so the chances of another Some Girls regrettably might be slim...........

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: October 10, 2007 20:48

we dont "need" any more albums. I'd like to see more ABB style albums however!

OLDKR

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: October 10, 2007 21:48

....definitely they should hook up with Rick Rubin.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: October 10, 2007 22:17

Maybe a nu day country/soul/blues album with some great pop melodies(Let me down real slow!! not being performed live Ahhh!!!) and add some new Orleans funk groove.....and just try to write one more goldie....they should not try to recreate anything....jesus i hope they will record a new one!!....And put ''Mac''back!!And of course a Chuck berry cover!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-10 22:28 by rooster.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 10, 2007 22:42

I couldn't agree more about Mac, Rooster. He surely can make that piano come alive

Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: October 10, 2007 23:24

i would love the stones to speed songs up a bit and do some early to mid 60,s rock,n roll, you know the stuff that would appear on "out of our heads", "12*5", or even between the buttons.

mix that with thier usual rocker and ballad and a bit of blues, and hey presto.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: October 10, 2007 23:34

With Charlie as good as he is these days, a new album is very welcome. Even the weaker songs on ABB is worth listening to because of him. Also agree with those who want Ronnie participating more in Stones' songwriting. He has a unique talent for chord-progressions and melody.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-10 23:37 by audun-eg.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: October 10, 2007 23:50

Erik_Snow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I couldn't agree more about Mac, Rooster. He
> surely can make that piano come alive

Yeah Erik more piano is needed cheers man!!

Date: October 11, 2007 00:11

Cheers to more piano, and less keyboards, ROoster

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: October 11, 2007 00:12

mac rejoining the stones is as likely as rod rejoining the faces.

Besides Mac hates Mick as much as he hates rod!

OLDKR

Date: October 11, 2007 00:21

Yes, - it's a utopia, unfortunately

Posted by: monkeyman07 ()
Date: October 11, 2007 00:54

Something like Voodoo Lounge or old albums as exile , we all would love it , the classic stones without disco , just blues and rocknroll

wipeacdc@hotmail.com
never too old or young to rocknroll!!!!!!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: October 11, 2007 01:32

they should do an alubm within an album.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 11, 2007 01:59

a double cd with brand new songs on disc one and vaulted songs on disc two, wonder which one would get played more

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 11, 2007 02:00

Grompy old geezers would play cd2 most, and others perhaps cd1?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-11 02:00 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: October 11, 2007 02:12

......or how about an album consisting entirely of...........(wait for it)........covers!!!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 11, 2007 02:12

If the new album is another ABB, please no, no more damage to the legacy, a great album needs a good producer, good playing and good songs, I can't see the miracle happening, Mick will do his stuff, Keith will do his 2 songs, and Ronnie will overdub his part in 4 days, like on ABB.
They had the chance with ABB, a new album after 8 years and sucked, even Bridges/VL and SW were much better records with much better songs.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: October 11, 2007 02:14

Any freaking thing they want to play....dont waste you time dream wishing...only Jimi Ball can do that...

JR

Date: October 11, 2007 02:14

two standouts for me, rough justice and onnya, the rest is very good in some spots and ok in others

Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: October 11, 2007 03:24

I'd be happy with anything! A smaller bang would be just fine. I just hope they don't wait too long.

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: October 11, 2007 03:42

One where Keith and Ronnie really practice their guitars parts and MJ takes a back up role on guitar.

Make the whole album as a band, with the whole band, writing and playing it would be good.

Date: October 11, 2007 04:33

you mean redo some girls, that works for me

Posted by: La Mano Nera ()
Date: October 11, 2007 06:54

I personally want a ROLLING STONES album, not a "Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, the guy on the piano, and those other guys" album brought to you buy McDonalds or Nintendo or Honda or what have you.

I think there are way to many people involved- it should just be the ROLLING STONES. It's sad to see the Stones trying to be cool when they already are cool. ABB seemed like them trying, rather them actually doing, like on Some Girls etc. Get rid of all the suits, the back up guitars, the back up horns, the back up singers, the crappy piano solos, the special guests etc. It's not gonna take some hyped up "super" producer like "Rick Rubin" to get them in gear, only they can and all the crap they're surrouned by doesn't help any. I miss the Stones that didn't give a @#$%& and just played... sad smiley

It's like our good friend Keef Riffhard once said, "Rock and roll is from the waist down"

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: October 11, 2007 07:21

..... bill wyman left in the nic of time..

Date: October 11, 2007 13:24

Of course the Rick Rubin thing is very seducing... but even if that won't happen:

Let your record contract expire. Dump Michael Cohl. No more touring without a new album.

Do less drinking and less socializing, instead take some uppers and go @#$%& a lot. Meet your pals down at the basement and forget about rehearsing in the gym. I'll take care that the cops will raid that basement from time to time, just to keep things exciting.

Play some covers at the first sessions, why not some Chuck Berry or Iggy Pop? And @#$%&, play it loud!

Write some good songs (yes: raw, gritty, dirty) if possible together, and let Ronnie Wood bring in a song or two also. No need for blues this time, why not going into stoner rock for example? Don't be afraid of acoustic stuff.

Write a hit single with a strong riff. Hey, Keith, that's your job! Write some heart-felt lyrics, Mick!

Dump Chuck Leavell and the rest of the Rolling Stones 15-piece-"band". If there is a piano needed take a REAL piano, please. Invite some guests and see what happens.

Now go record that stuff. Take your time, and if it takes 14 months, so what?

Then look for a record deal. However, I want to see that yellow label with the red tongue again!

Release only 10 songs on your album (if you have unfinished and mediocre stuff. Besides, one song sung by Keith is really enough - no whining ballad allowed here.

Of course it is allowed to have one hidden track: the long missed and newly recorded 17 minutes allstar-jam version of "Slave" with Prince and Pete Townshend and Jeff Beck on guitar, Iggy Pop and Joan Jett on vocals,

Then go searching for one or two unreleased songs from the vaults, like "Not the way to go" or "I love ladies" to put on the singles released to promote the album. No fancy remixes allowed. Techno beat forbidden.

Now go out on tour and roll that @#$%& bitch! I don't want you to come back without having played each and every song of your album. Make my day!

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: October 11, 2007 13:34

Was that all?

Date: October 11, 2007 13:42

I'm still waiting for the day they'll ask Captain @#$%&. to become their producer...

Captain F_U_C_K that is... (this board is worse than AM radio when it comes to censoring evreyday words)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-11 13:45 by F.U.C. the Captain.

Posted by: highlander ()
Date: October 11, 2007 14:05

Aye I think they should do a raw bluesy/rock album. Covers are fine.
I really like limousine but don't hear it live enough (did they play it on ABB and where?)
I also like the session keith & Ronnie did in the Checkerboard club with Buddy Guy (and I think Ian Stewart on piano?)
The early Chuck Berry covers like Let it rock and little Queenie sound good stoned up.
Gram Parsons Big Texas Blues, quite a significant friendship between him amd Keith for a while.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-11 14:10 by highlander.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: October 11, 2007 14:51

Forget my comments: I'm with F.U.C. Captain on this one!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1941
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home