Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT:1. October: Led Zeppelin Lottery
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 5, 2007 17:19

Any report yet on how many tickets have been claimed?

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: October 5, 2007 17:20

Just heard that Townshends pulled out of the gig.....

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 5, 2007 17:31

Looks like Page has the same attitude to touting as he does to bootleg sellers.

A good thing.............probably.

If they are asking £3,500 for a code ,can you imagine how much a floor ticket would go for !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sc uk

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: October 5, 2007 21:45

Harvey Goldsmith has posted this clarifying statement on his website's blog page, which neutralises many of the questions and doubts about the situation that fans are having.

SD

------------------------------------------------------

[www.harveygoldsmith.com]

"Harvey Goldsmith Blog
LED ZEPPELIN 5 Oct ‘07.
05.Oct.2007 16:32

I am fully aware that there seems to be concerns about people who became winners in the ballot and then decided to use somebody else’s credit card to pay for the ticket.
However, I am convinced that those who are bleating the loudest seem to be protesting too much for other reasons.
I was obviously aware that there would be huge demand for tickets to this event. This is the reason why we devised the ballot system and therefore registration of your name.
On this basis we presumed that those that registered wanted to actually see the show. It is painfully obvious that if the ticket is not transferable then the method of obtaining the ticket is not transferable either.
The reason why there is now confusion amongst the few is simply because a number of people who were lucky enough to be winners in the ballot decided to capitalise on their winnings.
We take a very dim view of this as we want genuine fans to come to the concert. I would have thought that if you were a genuine fan and were lucky enough to win you would have been overjoyed at the opportunity and played the game and paid for your tickets as have the vast majority of winners.
Having looked at eBay, StubHub, viagogo and various other touting websites, it has become obvious that a number of you only joined this ballot for commercial gain. It also appears to me that those who have used this for commercial gain are the ones who are protesting the most.
Of course there are a few people who genuinely want to come but may not have had a suitable credit card to pay for them. The answer to those people is very simple; if you are GENUINE you will contact us and give us a justified explanation.

FOR CLARITY THE SYSTEM WORKS AS FOLLOWS:

1) You registered for the ballot
2) The ballot chose YOU as a winner and issued YOU with a pass code
3) You immediately pay for your 2 tickets with YOUR credit card

HOW TO REDEEM YOUR TICKET:

1) Turn up to the O2 arena on either Sunday 25th November between 10am and 6 pm or Monday 26th November from 10am
2) Bring photo id to prove who you are
3) Bring the credit card that you paid for the tickets with you
4) Bring the person with you who is your guest
5) Receive the ticket and ENJOY THE SHOW!

This is will work for the vast majority of people who genuinely would like to see the concert and is simple and effective.

Now for the small minority, if you think that you can beat the system by buying from eBay or any other website you are wrong, you will NOT be allowed in to the concert and your application for tickets will be cancelled within the next 14 days.
Those cancelled applications will then be offered out to further lucky, genuine winners who registered in the ballot and would like to come to the concert.
Finally for the very few genuine fans that have other problems you will no doubt contact us and plead your case.

I have no interest in supporting parasite businesses who prevent fans from supporting their artists by the increased price of the tickets and who ultimately put nothing whatsoever back into our business to support it."

------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 5, 2007 21:56

why oh why can't he promote the Stones ?

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: October 5, 2007 23:05

I just discovered i had a winning lottery e-mail in my junk folder sad smiley
ah well i wouldnt feckin go anyway auld feckin men anywa, plant would struggle with that double neck these days. a back brace would be advised. hope he doesnt the leaning back too much, it could vea spinal tap moment. nah im not better. and what about them ripping of all those blues guys and fokies. nah i'm not bitter. i drather go see bloc party ..... sad smiley

FECK THE LOT OF'EM

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 6, 2007 07:05

You snooze...you lose.

"plant would struggle with that double neck these days"

Plant? LOL, you don't deserve to go anyway.

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: October 6, 2007 15:18

i meant page pf course. mere details anyway.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: October 6, 2007 16:20

straycatuk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks like Page has the same attitude to touting
> as he does to bootleg sellers.
>
> A good thing.............probably.
>
> If they are asking £3,500 for a code ,can you
> imagine how much a floor ticket would go for
> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> sc uk

My guess is a lot less.

Current system creates an additional layer of exclusivity.

I personally don't think much of the folks selling access codes.

Date: October 6, 2007 21:19

All they have to do to stop the Led Zeppelin ticket touting/scalping problem is to have Led Zep do a two year stadium tour and play the same markets.

Initially, there will be huge crowds and a high demand for tickets but after the first half-spin around the world tickets will be easy to get.

By the time they tour Europe for the second time during the tour, many sections will be empty and covered with tarps.

But yes, if they only do one arena show and only one...of course it's a tough ticket to get!
The same would happen for the Stones if say in 3 years they said they'd do one single show at O2 and only one. The demand and tout/scalper prices would be sky high.
smiling smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 11, 2007 04:22

What's the latest on this fiasco?

My mailbox has been full of news alerts about
fans suing the promoter, the promoter blaming E-Bay,
people being shut out for using someone else's credit cards, all kinds of stuff.

Is there going to be another lottery for ticket purchases?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-11 04:25 by Edith Grove.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: October 11, 2007 04:53

Just been on Ticketmaster web page and in the Answers to Frequently Asked Questions when I typed in Led Zeppelin it says the answer has been updated (dosen't say when but this must have beem recent). Still no mention of passcodes being matched to creditcards and also notice that refunds are now being allowed up to 1st November 2007

Please read the below information carefully before you proceed to booking, by continuing to the booking page you are agreeing to all the below.

1. You have 72 hours to book and pay for your tickets.

2. Your individual passcode can only be used once and will be invalid after the deadline as mentioned above has passed.

3. NO tickets will be mailed out. All concert goers must pick up their tickets and non-transferable wristbands in advance of the show at the O2 Arena between 10am and 6pm on Sunday 25th November and between 10am and start of the show on Monday 26th November.

4. To collect the tickets each original purchaser and the person accompanying them to the show must be present in order to pick up the tickets and wristbands. NO exceptions

5. Each original purchaser must present provide the actual credit card used for the purchase along with valid state-issued PHOTO ID in order to receive the tickets and non-transferable wristbands. All wristbands will be fitted immediately.

6. There will be no exceptions to the above, no name changes or letters of authorisation will be accepted under any circumstances.

7. On the night of the show EVERYONE will be required to present BOTH the WRISTBAND and TICKET for entrance to the show. Wristbands must NOT be removed or tampered with prior to entering the show or your access will be refused. Original ticketholders must bring photo ID to the show as they may be required to present it upon entry to the venue.

8. The original conditions of sale will be enforced. These tickets are non-transferable and any resale will void the transaction without refund.

9. If you book the tickets and are unable to attend we will refund the face value of the tickets (£125 per ticket) if you contact us before the 1st November 2007. Any cancellations after this date will not be refunded and your money will go to the Ahmet Ertegun Education Fund.

10. Customers with disabilities should e mail ticketing@theo2.co.uk to book accessible seating (subject to availability).

We are doing our best to keep the tickets for this event out of the hands of secondary ticket sellers and in the hands of the fans so please help us by adhering to the above.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: October 11, 2007 04:58

LONDON -

Led Zeppelin promoter Harvey Goldsmith is promising no quarter for eBay.

The veteran 61-year-old tour promoter has had to deal with artists more famous for their excessive lifestyles and substance abuse than their music, from The Who to David Bowie, but it looks like nothing has incurred his wrath like the auction Web site.

"I wish eBay would drop dead and die," Goldsmith told Kerrang! Radio on Sunday, according to British newspaper The Guardian. "I will do everything I possibly can to ruin their lives."

Goldsmith claims he "begged" eBay (nasdaq: ebay - news - people ) to delist auctions selling tickets for an upcoming Led Zeppelin reunion concert on Nov. 26 for 10 times their face value, but to no avail. The concert is the first time in 20 years that the group's three surviving members are playing together under their once-legendary name. It is being held in honor of the late Ahmet Ertegun, founder of Atlantic Records, a label that now belongs to Warner Music Group (nyse: WMG - news - people )

The tickets cost £125 each ($254.37), and only 20,000 are available for the event. However, an opening bid for a ticket on eBay was recently priced at $2,000; the immediate purchase price was an even more lemon-squeezing $3,000.

"eBay believes that people have the right to resell most concert tickets and both the government and the Office of Fair Trading have recognized that this is legitimate," said eBay on Monday, referring to the British competition regulator. The company would not confirm whether it had discussed the matter with Goldsmith.

But rather than side with Goldsmith and denounce the corporate suits in California, many fans are choosing to blame the promoter's rather un-rock 'n' roll restrictive rules regarding ticket purchases.

After announcing the concert last month, Goldsmith organized a lottery system to distribute individual passcodes for each ticket, with the winners announced on Oct. 1. But some ticket-owners are arguing that a last-minute change to the rules means they are unable to attend the concert, because the name on the credit card that made the payment must match the passcode holder's name.

"People using other people's codes should NOT have been able to purchase in the first place," said a commenter on Harvey Goldsmith's blog. "But the reality of it is -- THEY WERE. And now thousands thought they had tickets -- were ECSTATIC -- and now you want to cancel them."

Goldsmith's original blog post promised that anyone with a "justified explanation" for using someone else's credit card would be allowed entry. But he added that anyone buying from eBay or any other Web site would be barred, their tickets canceled and passed on to other "genuine" fans.

Whatever the outcome of this very corporate battle of the bands, it seems that the strong-arm tactics and baseball bat approach of traditional tour managers are having difficulty competing against the power of online auctions. For rock die-hards who have always been suspicious of capitalism, however, the song remains the same.

[www.forbes.com]

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: October 11, 2007 08:43

check out the All Sold Out page - someone will sell you a ticket if you buy his flight from the US to London...

Date: October 25, 2007 20:44

The other day, October 22, my wife's co-worker received an e-mail notification she was selected to purchase Ertgun Tribute/Led Zep tix at the O2.

Apparently there was another lottery to disperse tickets that were cancelled from the first round.

I entered 'her lottery' as one of the five or so begging her to join her, so wish me luck, my odds are slightly better this time. lol

She's tripping out because she realized her passport is expired so she'll need a new one and real quick.
Even though the odds were 1 in a million, she had to realize she'd need a valid passport...
She won't book a flight/hotel until the passport is taken care of (of course) so the whole thing is added stress.
Too bad one can't transfer the tickets to genuine fans at face value huh?
She may have to release he ticket option if she doesn't figure out her dilemma quickly.
I'm ready to go if she selects me!

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: October 26, 2007 19:14

A lottery to see Robert Plant pretend to sing when his voice is shredded? "There's a sucker born every minute", P.T. Barnum said.

Date: October 26, 2007 19:24

Well, most of the old diaosaur rockers' voices are 'shredded' nowadays...it's all we got left of them, so it is what it is not what it was.
smiling smiley

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: October 26, 2007 21:59

Fact is that Plant´s voice is in better shape now than it was 30 years ago.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 991
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home