Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...197198199200201202203204205206207...LastNext
Current Page: 202 of 374
Re: Some Kinda Stones Connections
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 6, 2016 11:36

Anaheim Stadium California - 23 July 1978

ROCKMAN

Date: March 6, 2016 13:28

ROCKMAN

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: March 6, 2016 13:42

from The History of Rock

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 6, 2016 16:14

Rockman

Jade Jagger arrives for wedding reception

Jade's genes are showing. Fine coat too.

Date: March 6, 2016 22:44

Herald Sun - 7 March 2016

ROCKMAN

Date: March 8, 2016 23:56

Herald Sun -- 9 March 2016

ROCKMAN

Date: March 9, 2016 00:30

THE AGE -- 9 March 2016

ROCKMAN

Date: March 9, 2016 03:34

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 9, 2016 17:07

HELLO magazine is full of Jerry's wedding this week - but I'm not buying one.

Date: March 9, 2016 22:53

THE AUSTRALIAN - 10 March 2016

ROCKMAN

Date: March 10, 2016 20:16

Nils Lofgren On Keith Richards

Lofgren classifies himself as an artist with no hits, but he did have a popular radio hit with a song "Keith Don't Go" that somehow missed the lower regions of the Top 100. Lofgren has told a story about how he finally met his idol, who meant as much to him as Chuck Berry meant to Keith Richards.

I wondered, when he met his idol was it the same experience as when he and Springsteen played in an all-star band backing up Chuck Berry at a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame show? Chuck reportedly kept changing keys on the band, making all the Hall of Famers with onstage sound like rank amateurs.

“Then he duck-walked off the stage and got into an old ’50s car and drove away, and we were all playing in five different keys to an arena audience. It was hilarious."

“I love Keith Richards, and I'm not speaking about the diabolical nature of Chuck but more the positive nature that inspired Keith and many young guitar players of that generation. I've met Keith many times; he's always been kind and gracious. We never discussed the song I wrote for him, 'Keith Don’t Go.' I know he knows I wrote it and I have to believe he understands the spirit with which it was intended, which is 'You share a gift we all need. It's a beautiful thing you do. Please stick around and keep doing it and hats off to you on behalf of all us fans.'

After all these years, Steve Jordan, who plays in The Expensive Winos, brought me into a dressing room, and there is Keith. He said hi, he was very friendly, but he's there sitting in a corner practicing through this little amp. So I'm visiting with Steve on the other end and all the sudden I hear Keith playing the famous Chuck Berry lick. I have to say I've played it a thousand times and I've heard it 10,000 times, and I've never in my life heard it sound like that and I can’t even explain it to you. It's just three notes put together in a different way. But there was something going on physiologically and spiritually and musically what was going on inside of him and how he heard that riff of Chuck's. It was a deeper thing. It meant more to Keith than it meant to Chuck even though Chuck who created it.

"And that’s kind of like what the Stones did for Howling Wolf, Chuck Berry, Muddy Waters, and what it became. 'Honky Tonk Women,' 'Jumping Jack Flash.' It came from them but they made it their own because they had a deeper affinity for it and it meant deeper for them and it became something else.

“Fast forward to a Willie Nelson and Friends TV Special where he would play with a cast of 20 great singers. I was part of a house band, one of four guitar players. I was with Greg Leisz, one of the great lap steel players and Hutch Hutchinson on bass, all this cast of amazing singers coming through and one of the guests was Keith Richards. There was like 20 people onstage and on the other side of the drummer was this giant piano Jerry Lee Lewis was gonna play and in the bell of this piano was Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, and Keith Richards.

"Now we're playing so technically now onstage playing with Keith Richards. Now, I'm an old, grizzled veteran myself so I had a sense of humor about it. 'Hey Keith, I can barely see you there but we're making music together.' So Kid Rock comes out ... he's a great showman. We were doing, I can't even remember. 'Whole Lotta Shakin,' maybe. And he's up there whipping the crowd into frenzy and I understand with monitors and the frenetic sound onstage. He didn’t notice but just as Kid Rock got a buzz to go jump off the piano and run to the audience, you know Jerry Lee tells the band to bring it down. None of us thought it was an intentional slight but he didn’t hear the cue. So what of you do? Part of you wants to acknowledge the frenzy but that other part of you says wait a minute, Jerry Lee says bring it down.

"So we're all just treading water. I could see a look on Keith's face, he was feeling the same thing we were feeling but he's freakin' Keith Richards, so out of the blue he just explodes out of the little pack of guitar players he's in, he goes right to the front of the stage, steps in front of Kid Rock and does one of his twirls when he spins on one leg twirls around. He's still a showman so he's not going to try to openly bring the show down, with some kind of scary gift that bums everyone out.

"And even better, as soon as he spun around he turned his back on Kid Rock and walked to the other end of the band and he got down with his guitar between his legs and his legs are spreads and he's looking right in my face and he just sits there rocking out with his back to in our faces with his back to Kid Rock. I can’t tell you what’s going through Keith's mind but all I can tell you is instead of Keith rocking out 20 feet away, now he's just rocking out dirty in front of Greg, Hutch, and me. And all three of us are just in heaven. And Keith went and made a statement and rocked out with the band and I was like 'Hey, there's a lot of people here besides you.' I don’t know if that’s what he was saying to him but that's what he was saying to me."

Read interview here --- [www.phoenixnewtimes.com]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: fedestone ()
Date: March 10, 2016 20:43

Rockman

"Now we're playing so technically now onstage playing with Keith Richards. Now, I'm an old, grizzled veteran myself so I had a sense of humor about it. 'Hey Keith, I can barely see you there but we're making music together.' So Kid Rock comes out ... he's a great showman. We were doing, I can't even remember. 'Whole Lotta Shakin,' maybe. And he's up there whipping the crowd into frenzy and I understand with monitors and the frenetic sound onstage. He didn’t notice but just as Kid Rock got a buzz to go jump off the piano and run to the audience, you know Jerry Lee tells the band to bring it down. None of us thought it was an intentional slight but he didn’t hear the cue. So what of you do? Part of you wants to acknowledge the frenzy but that other part of you says wait a minute, Jerry Lee says bring it down.

"So we're all just treading water. I could see a look on Keith's face, he was feeling the same thing we were feeling but he's freakin' Keith Richards, so out of the blue he just explodes out of the little pack of guitar players he's in, he goes right to the front of the stage, steps in front of Kid Rock and does one of his twirls when he spins on one leg twirls around. He's still a showman so he's not going to try to openly bring the show down, with some kind of scary gift that bums everyone out.

"And even better, as soon as he spun around he turned his back on Kid Rock and walked to the other end of the band and he got down with his guitar between his legs and his legs are spreads and he's looking right in my face and he just sits there rocking out with his back to in our faces with his back to Kid Rock. I can’t tell you what’s going through Keith's mind but all I can tell you is instead of Keith rocking out 20 feet away, now he's just rocking out dirty in front of Greg, Hutch, and me. And all three of us are just in heaven. And Keith went and made a statement and rocked out with the band and I was like 'Hey, there's a lot of people here besides you.' I don’t know if that’s what he was saying to him but that's what he was saying to me."

Here is the video of that anecdote:

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-10 20:43 by fedestone.

Date: March 13, 2016 23:51

The Rolling Stones

Men of Wealth and Taste

When the greatest rock and roll band in the world released Beggars Banquet in 1968, it was immediately hailed as a masterpiece and the band’s finest effort. While the front cover image of a grafitti-laden lavatory was suppressed and not used for 20 years, the inner sleeve, picturing the original lineup in full regalia enjoying themselves in an immense castle, was treasured by fans.

Unfortunately, the poor reproduction quality and cheesy hand-coloring of the image didn’t reveal even a shadow of the original photograph’s brilliant colors and striking composition. Moreover, there was a suite of 30 additional photographs of the Stones from that day, all by Michael Joseph, the photographer on hand who recorded these striking images, which are among the last of the original line-up featuring Brian Jones.

Except for a single showing of these images at a gallery in London, the complete Michael Joseph photographs of The Rolling Stones have never before been seen, and the gallery of photographs has, needless to say, never before been published in book form, until now. This book presents the entire known collection of Joseph’s photographs, printed here in striking fidelity for the first (and probably last) time ever, complete with detail views, in a stunning, landscape format, oversize package.

In addition, this book features a brief epigraph by Keith Richards, written solely for this book, and an original 10,000 word essay by noted Stones expert Robert Greenfield. Greenfield’s essay describes the genesis of the record, with a blow-by-blow account of the creation of each song. He also talks extensively about producer Jimmy Miller, who made such huge contributions to the Stones’ sound; engineer Glyn Johns; the legendary Olympic Studios where the album was recorded; the castle where the exterior shots were taken; and the mysterious mansion Sarum Chase, where the stunning interior photographs were taken.

This edition is printed on thick, acid-free art paper, with the works reproduced at the impressive high resolution standard usually reserved only for production of museum quality art books. The print run is limited to 200 copies, each one signed by Robert Greenfield. This is your chance to own not only the definitive photographic record of the Stones right at the start of their run of domination of rock and roll, but also the definitive account of the making of the record. With only 200 copies, and a wealthy Stones following the size of France, this promises to sell out very very quickly.

edition information
•Limited to 200 copies.
•Epigraph by Keith Richards.
•Signed by Robert Greenfield.
•Photographs by Michael Joseph.
•GardaMatt paper, Suedeluxe binding.
•Dye-infused aluminum print on front board.
•Book size is 15 × 12 inches

[www.centipedepress.com]

ROCKMAN

Date: March 14, 2016 20:13

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 15, 2016 22:37

I didn't see the need to start a new thread... Hopefully Rockman won't mind me sticking it here...

Texas Ballet Theater’s new season offers world premieres, Rolling Stones

I wonder if they'll move like Jagger.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: March 15, 2016 23:10

Not a problem with ya stickin' it here at all ole son ... Wonder if they do a performance ta Rocks Off ???....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 15, 2016 23:47

Likely the finale...

Date: March 17, 2016 05:10

.....................................................................................................................................Robbie Williams --------------- Ayda Field

ROCKMAN

Date: March 17, 2016 22:51

ROCKMAN

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 18, 2016 00:10

Tooooo much. ^^^^

I want one!

Date: March 18, 2016 10:44

10 Years Of Stereophile's R204 - 2016

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 18, 2016 11:43

It may be just me, but I can't see your last post - this works without the "~original" bit.
Rockman

10 Years Of Stereophile's R204 - 2016

Edit: I hink it's my old browser - works fine on Firefox.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-18 11:46 by Green Lady.

Date: March 20, 2016 19:49

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 20, 2016 22:38

Bet she'd like to visit the Bunker...!

Date: March 20, 2016 23:13

Bet she'd like to visit the Bunker...!

mmmmmmmmm well it can get a lil' crazy at times ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 21, 2016 00:37

Rockman
The Rolling Stones

Men of Wealth and Taste

When the greatest rock and roll band in the world released Beggars Banquet in 1968, it was immediately hailed as a masterpiece and the band’s finest effort. While the front cover image of a grafitti-laden lavatory was suppressed and not used for 20 years, the inner sleeve, picturing the original lineup in full regalia enjoying themselves in an immense castle, was treasured by fans.

Unfortunately, the poor reproduction quality and cheesy hand-coloring of the image didn’t reveal even a shadow of the original photograph’s brilliant colors and striking composition. Moreover, there was a suite of 30 additional photographs of the Stones from that day, all by Michael Joseph, the photographer on hand who recorded these striking images, which are among the last of the original line-up featuring Brian Jones.

Except for a single showing of these images at a gallery in London, the complete Michael Joseph photographs of The Rolling Stones have never before been seen, and the gallery of photographs has, needless to say, never before been published in book form, until now. This book presents the entire known collection of Joseph’s photographs, printed here in striking fidelity for the first (and probably last) time ever, complete with detail views, in a stunning, landscape format, oversize package.

In addition, this book features a brief epigraph by Keith Richards, written solely for this book, and an original 10,000 word essay by noted Stones expert Robert Greenfield. Greenfield’s essay describes the genesis of the record, with a blow-by-blow account of the creation of each song. He also talks extensively about producer Jimmy Miller, who made such huge contributions to the Stones’ sound; engineer Glyn Johns; the legendary Olympic Studios where the album was recorded; the castle where the exterior shots were taken; and the mysterious mansion Sarum Chase, where the stunning interior photographs were taken.

This edition is printed on thick, acid-free art paper, with the works reproduced at the impressive high resolution standard usually reserved only for production of museum quality art books. The print run is limited to 200 copies, each one signed by Robert Greenfield. This is your chance to own not only the definitive photographic record of the Stones right at the start of their run of domination of rock and roll, but also the definitive account of the making of the record. With only 200 copies, and a wealthy Stones following the size of France, this promises to sell out very very quickly.

edition information
•Limited to 200 copies.
•Epigraph by Keith Richards.
•Signed by Robert Greenfield.
•Photographs by Michael Joseph.
•GardaMatt paper, Suedeluxe binding.
•Dye-infused aluminum print on front board.
•Book size is 15 × 12 inches

[www.centipedepress.com]

*Ohhh I want this book. Don't look, it's $295. But I want this book. Just saying, to who (whom?) I don't know. But, NICE.

Date: March 21, 2016 01:18

Move quick 35love for it is a limited edition of only 200 copies ...

ROCKMAN

Date: March 21, 2016 02:05

History Of Rock 1971 .......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 21, 2016 02:23

Rockman
Move quick 35love for it is a limited edition of only 200 copies ...

*Oh dear. I bought it grinning smiley
Listen, when I die and one of my kids needs to eat, one of you be sure to buy it from them.
Killing me. These Stones are killing me.

Date: March 21, 2016 02:48

Good move 35 .... YEAH I grabbed one too ....

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...197198199200201202203204205206207...LastNext
Current Page: 202 of 374

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2281
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home