Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...147148149150151152153154155156157...LastNext
Current Page: 152 of 374
Re: Some Kinda Stones Connections
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 31, 2014 23:55

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ Australian Tour 1973

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-01 00:01 by Rockman.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 31, 2014 23:55

Rockman
.... pleasure Cristiano.....here's one for ya

Herald Sun -- 1 Feb 2014

Thanks, Rockman! smileys with beer

Have you seen the video? The first time I watched it, I couldn't help to think about "Like a rolling stone".

Posted by: kitoise ()
Date: February 1, 2014 11:07

Thanks in advance Aquamarine/Rockman if you can post the Charlie'frontcover of the latest Australian Review!
Have a nice weekend!
Chris

Date: February 1, 2014 12:13

kitoise ---- included it on end of article for you...
Large newspaper so have scanned and lined up best I can you for ...

ROCKMAN

Date: February 1, 2014 12:46

Rockman,
Don't need the newspaper frontpage,only the REVIEW cover if it is A4 size
Thanks for helping me everytime! surely ,many papers and magazines about the australian tour!
Have a good night (?),it's noon here in rainy Paris!
Chris

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 1, 2014 15:59

Very sweet Charlie article/interview - thank you Rock Man!
That photo they say is 2012 is from the 2006 Superbowl, of course ... but it's a sweet article/interview anyway.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 1, 2014 23:36

kitoise
Rockman,
Don't need the newspaper frontpage,only the REVIEW cover if it is A4 size
Thanks for helping me everytime! surely ,many papers and magazines about the australian tour!
Have a good night (?),it's noon here in rainy Paris!
Chris

Chris,

Look back to the bottom of the previous page, Rockman posted the Review cover for you. smiling smiley

Date: February 2, 2014 11:00

Thanks for the scan of the frontcover!
Have a nice Sunday!
Chris

Posted by: Keef1966 ()
Date: February 2, 2014 15:17

Rockman

Way Cool 4CD set of rare obscure surf instrumentals ... Bass-Drums-Guitar and drippin' with truck loads of REVERB ....

CONNECTION --- Rolling Stones & Satisfaction get a mention in the VOX Instrumental Radio Commercial --- Disc 2 - Track 6

Comes with 60 page booklet with track by track liner notes...
Graphics of singles & album covers...surf related concert & movie posters, memorabilia etc etc etc

SURF-AGE NUGGETS --- TRASH & TWANG INSTRUMENTALS 1959-1966
Rockbeat Records ROCK CD 3098

Hey Rockman,
If the booklet is handy..What does the book say about The Ramrods? Is this the same Ramrods as The Rockin' Ramrods from Boston who toured with The Stones?
Thanks
Great job by the way!

Date: February 2, 2014 23:17

Hi Keef1966 .... different Ramrods ... here's the info for ya man...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: February 3, 2014 00:59

The Australian Women's Weekly, 23 July 1969

Date: February 3, 2014 01:46

Hey yeah I remember that one Medzvel ...Mick in his monkey-fur jacket.....>>> WILD!!

ROCKMAN

Date: February 3, 2014 01:49

"Point about his appearance was strong white teeth." confused smiley You Australians!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 3, 2014 01:49

Rockman

Way Cool 4CD set of rare obscure surf instrumentals ... Bass-Drums-Guitar and drippin' with truck loads of REVERB ....

CONNECTION --- Rolling Stones & Satisfaction get a mention in the VOX Instrumental Radio Commercial --- Disc 2 - Track 6

Comes with 60 page booklet with track by track liner notes...
Graphics of singles & album covers...surf related concert & movie posters, memorabilia etc etc etc

SURF-AGE NUGGETS --- TRASH & TWANG INSTRUMENTALS 1959-1966
Rockbeat Records ROCK CD 3098

This is a great compilation! I've heard it last week. thumbs up

Date: February 3, 2014 01:52

"Point about his appearance was strong white teeth." You Australians!

well actually most folk down here don't have any so I guess they were surprised

ROCKMAN

Date: February 3, 2014 01:54

grinning smiley

(Btw even now I think many people think all Brits have teeth like Keith's circa 1973!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-03 01:58 by Aquamarine.

Date: February 3, 2014 12:39

Trinity News, 25.02.1965

Posted by: gagi ()
Date: February 3, 2014 18:38

Nice story...

[yugopapir.blogspot.com]

-----------------------------------------

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 4, 2014 00:04

Stevie Ray Vaughan & More Set for PBS's A CELEBRATION OF BLUES & SOUL

This March, PBS viewers will be treated to the world television premiere of a never-before-seen historic concert featuring Stevie Ray Vaughan and some of the biggest names in blues and rock history performing their greatest hits. Recorded during a live Presidential Inaugural concert event in 1989, the video and audiotapes of this concert were presumed lost for nearly 20 years.

A CELEBRATION OF BLUES & SOUL: THE 1989 INAUGURAL CONCERT is part of special programming premiering on PBS stations beginning March 1, 2014. (check local listings)

A CELEBRATION OF BLUES & SOUL features nearly 20 minutes of dazzling Stevie Ray Vaughan performances including "Superstition," "Love Struck Baby" with guest artist Jimmie Vaughan, and "Frosty," with guest artists Jimmie Vaughan and Blues Hall of Fame legend Albert Collins.

Also featured are Dr. John's performance of "Right Place, Wrong Time," Bo Diddley's performance of "Hey! Bo Diddley," with Ronnie Wood from the Rolling Stones, "Hoochie Coochie Man," performed by Willie Dixon with Albert Collins, fellow Blues Hall of Fame guitarist Joe Louis Walker and Delbert McClinton, and McClinton's own performance of "Just A Little Bit," with both Albert Collins and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame guitarist Steve Cropper.

Finally, A CELEBRATION OF BLUES & SOUL features a very special tribute to the legendary artists who recorded for Memphis' Stax Records. Included in this tribute are Sam Moore's performance of "Soul Man," Eddie Floyd's performance of "Knock on Wood," and a stirring duet by Carla Thomas and Billy Preston of "When Something Is Wrong With My Baby." What makes this tribute particularly special is that these performances also include Rock and Roll Hall of Fame guitarist Steve Cropper and bassist Donald "Duck" Dunn from the Stax Records legendary group Booker T and the MG's, who played on the original studio recordings for these songs, and fellow Stax guitarist Michael Toles from the Bar-Kays.

"PBS viewers are in for a once-in-a-lifetime musical treat," said Joyce Moore, one of the principal producers of the 1989 concert. "This broadcast of the concert originally called 'A Celebration for Young Americans' is especially significant because it contains truly magnificent performances from brilliant American icons we have since lost - Billy Preston, Willie Dixon, Albert Collins, Bo Diddley, Duck Dunn, Lafayette Leake and Stevie Ray Vaughan. It was an honor and the thrill of a lifetime to have been part of and associated with this inaugural event when it occurred in 1989."

The original video for A CELEBRATION OF BLUES & SOUL was professionally recorded with seven cameras, along with a separate 24-track audio recording. When these original recordings were relocated six years ago, the original video was restored, re-mastered, color-corrected, and converted to HD, and the audio was remixed to a 6-channel, 5.1 format by the legendary audio engineer Ed Greene, who has won more than 20 Emmy® Awards for sound mixing and engineering, for programs such as American Idol, and numerous productions of the Grammy Awards® and the Academy Awards®.

A CELEBRATION OF BLUES & SOUL: THE 1989 INAUGURAL CONCERT includes these performances:

* "Right Place, Wrong Time" - Dr. John

* "When a Man Loves a Woman" - Percy Sledge

* "Knock on Wood" - Eddie Floyd with Steve Cropper and Duck Dunn

* "Hey! Bo Diddley" - Bo Diddley with Ronnie Wood

* "Hoochie Coochie Man" - Willie Dixon with Albert Collins, Joe Louis Walker and Delbert McClinton

* "Soul Man" - Sam Moore with Billy Preston, Steve Cropper and Donald "Duck" Dunn

* "Just a Little Bit" - Delbert McClinton with Steve Cropper and Albert Collins

* "When Something Is Wrong With My Baby" - Carla Thomas and Billy Preston

* "Frosty" - Albert Collins with Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble featuring Jimmie Vaughan

* "Love Struck Baby" - Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble featuring Jimmie Vaughan

* "Superstition" - Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble

* "Scuttle Buttin'" - Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble

PBS special programming invites viewers to experience the worlds of science, history, nature and public affairs; hear diverse viewpoints; and take front-row seats to world-class drama and performances. Viewer contributions are an important source of funding, making PBS programs possible. PBS and public television stations offer all Americans from every walk of life the opportunity to explore new ideas and new worlds through television and online content.

[www.broadwayworld.com]

Date: February 4, 2014 12:08

Herald Sun --- 4 Feb 2014

ROCKMAN

Date: February 4, 2014 12:29

Rockman

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ Australian Tour 1973

USA 72, and Europe 73 get all the glory. 72 was THE rockn roll tour that wrote the book for all to follow. And 73 was big glam, the debut of Goats Head on the road.
But wedged in there is the little Far East jaunt that gets sort of passed over. I love pics from those shows. Jagger had just cut his hair. They are usually outside in odd settings; yet in full regalia. And w/o exageration I say that they played some of the very best shows of their career. It's Rock'n Roll Stew in Sydney, it's Happy B'day Nicky in Perth, and it is the Melbourne shows, and preceded by Honey- Loo Loo and the Nicaragua Benefit in LA. Great setlists that included Route 66, It's all over now, No Expectations, Live with Me and Stray Cat .Blues.

Date: February 4, 2014 13:10

Hello Rockman,
Thanks again for your help with Charlies'scan.
You know i'm looking for Stones'frontcover magazines and frontpage newspapers; I'm trying go have all the cover of australian GO SET magazines and I need a cover from 1966 (Stones live on stage/purple frame of the cover),surely an issue from January or February '66: can you help yourself or other collectors IORR'ians?
By the way,I call all this forum members to go in their attic and post old/recents frontcovers and so,help each other!
Thanks in advance Rockman & everybody!
Chris

Date: February 4, 2014 14:25

Hi Chris ....sorry man can't help you with that particular Go-Set...
Probably better if you start a separate thread concentrating on Stones front covers

ROCKMAN

Date: February 6, 2014 04:32

SNAPPING THE ROLLING STONES -- [www.bbc.co.uk]

ROCKMAN

Date: February 6, 2014 10:25

Harper's Bazaar ----- December 2013

ROCKMAN

Date: February 6, 2014 22:40

The Northville Record. 19.04.1973

Date: February 6, 2014 23:55

HERALD SUN --- 7 Feb 2014

ROCKMAN

Date: February 7, 2014 02:27

MOJO 244 -- March 2014

ROCKMAN

Date: February 8, 2014 08:14

MOJO 244 -- March 2014

ROCKMAN

Date: February 10, 2014 09:56

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...147148149150151152153154155156157...LastNext
Current Page: 152 of 374

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1788
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home