Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT : The Who Wembley Arena 26th June
Posted by: sherer1 ()
Date: June 27, 2007 15:14

I was at this show last night and what a show it was. No huge sets or props or anything just space for the amps and drum kit, keyboards etc and the band themselves. There was a screen behind the stage that showed clips but basically this was a show about the music.

Started with I Can't Explain and then got better from there. They started off with a few hits then they did a suite of 6 songs from Endless Wire. Very good to actually here the new album and it dropped in very well to the show. Roger and Pete both actually talk to the audience rather than just ripping straight into the next song.

There were a few missed notes and maybe they can't hit the high notes as well but the music still came through. No extra musicians just another guitarist and a keyboard player.

During Pete's solo we got jute Pete on stage with no one else at all. Now wouldn't that be great to see for Keith's solo. Once he had finished Roger and only Roger came on stage and we got a proper Who song with no one else on stage at all. it worked very well and was great to just see the two of them.

After all the encores we got another treat. As they had finished people started to leave and they did a bow with the band but they weren't finished yet. Off went the rest of the band and again Pete and Roger, THE WHO ONLY, on stage doing one final number, plus it was a new song too.

great night and even better i've ordered the Encore series DVD and CD of the show so I listen and watch it again and again

Re: OT : The Who Wembley Arena 26th June
Date: June 27, 2007 15:15

sherer1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> During Pete's solo we got jute Pete on stage with
> no one else at all. Now wouldn't that be great to
> see for Keith's solo.

er, yeah, if you like a capella music!

*and i'm just like that bird - singing just for you*

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 27, 2007 16:25

I am afraid I'm going to regret not catching them for a very long time!!!

Posted by: garywho ()
Date: June 27, 2007 17:01

Go along tonight for the 2nd show. Tickets outside last night sold for around 1/2 price.
Doors 7pm The Who on stage 8.45- 10.50.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: June 27, 2007 17:14

Attended the concert in Paris...It was just great.

Pete plays as good as ever and Roger has a bit oftrouble with the last couple of songs but his voice is still in very good shape.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 27, 2007 17:20

Well Garywho, rather hard to do, as I'm stateside! LOL

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: June 27, 2007 17:30

Can only agree with teteyer and some others. Saw them a few days before the Stones and they were brilliant!

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: June 27, 2007 17:31

Sorry leteyer for spelling your name wrong.

Date: June 27, 2007 17:35

I will be there tonight.....they certainly appeared to be on fine form on the tv coverage from Glastonbury.

Posted by: sherer1 ()
Date: June 27, 2007 17:52

as noted Roger's voice isn't quite what is was but it's still a great show and it's all about the music no fancy affects or anything just great rock music.

Pete's acoustic solo is great, i wish I was going both nights but can't afford it.

make sure you stay right till the very end as a few missed the last song thinking it was all over

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: June 27, 2007 18:01

I was there last night. Fookin' superb! And I'm going again tonight.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 27, 2007 18:43

They were brilliant - but I don't think my ears would stand it twice in two days! Nice to see how the Endless Wire songs are changing and developing on the road too - from the sketchy stuff on the album through what they did at the Electric Proms last autumn to last night's performance - and on into the future no doubt.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: June 27, 2007 19:17

Excellent report sherer1, and great to hear that the Who are on fine form!!

Had second row tickets for the Birmingham show but had to pass them on because of the Champions League Final in Athens.

But nothing is stopping me from seeing them in Cork this coming Saturday. Can't wait!!!

Date: June 27, 2007 19:24

Nice review! Very similar experience to the show I was at in Vegas last November, the night before the Stones. Dalrey's voice is like Foghorn Leghorn nowadays but Pete makes up for it as he's been taking his Hendrix pills of late.
I would have seen them in Zurich had they not cancelled due to slow ticket sales.
We should all enjoy the dinosaur bands while we still have the chance and I take my kids to see them so they may appreciate the experience more later in life.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: July 2, 2007 03:57

Why I love The Who and especially Pete

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: July 2, 2007 05:47

custom55 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why I love The Who and especially Pete
>
>

NICE!!! Where's the rest of this show? I hope it hits the bit torrent sites smiling smiley

Posted by: GuessWho ()
Date: July 2, 2007 11:06

DVD and CD available from themusic.com

Posted by: Jimmie ()
Date: July 2, 2007 11:21

I´m gonna see them on friday! Can´t wait! Last years show in berlin was awsome but I think this time will be even better.
I´m glad I got a chance to see them with Entwhistle though.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: July 2, 2007 11:37

amazing now:

amazing then:

well, alright the mighty mighty Who...bless them all.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: July 3, 2007 15:40

Here's a few pics from Saturday's blinding gig in Cork City, Ireland.

I don't know who was louder; the band or the crowd!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1799
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home