Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Neil Young
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: May 15, 2007 18:21

A friend of mine just gave me an extra copy he had of Neil's Broken Arrow cd, some great stuff on there. Its like a live cd made in the studio.

Was wondering if anyone had Neil's Time Fades Away on cd. I don't think its ever been released on cd.

Re: OT: Neil Young
Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: May 15, 2007 19:03

I don't think so either, but I've never investigated the matter thoroughly since I got the album on vinyl.

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: May 15, 2007 19:06

That´s a frustrating album. All the good ones are far too long. Slip Away, for example, great song if it wasn´t for the one chord endless coda...

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: May 15, 2007 19:56

Yep,its a bit hit and miss, but I love Big Time, Music Arcade and a few others. The blues thing at the end was just a piss take....surely!

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: May 15, 2007 20:51

>Was wondering if anyone had Neil's Time Fades Away on cd. I don't think its ever been released on cd.

That is correct, never released on CD.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: May 15, 2007 21:19

Neither "Time Fades Away" nor "Journey Through The Past" have been officially released on CD...but both were mixed and mastered to be released in the HDCD format and were pressed on test CDs. A few of these escaped and have been digitally circulated. I have Time Fades Away that I downloaded in a lossless newsgroup and it sounds superb!

I will be glad to send a copy to anyone who can send me an addressed, stamped mailer. Email me for details.

Ross

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: May 15, 2007 22:57

I think Broken Arrow is the last decent album Neil released. Interstate should have been on there though. It's his David Briggs tribute album,. and there's plenty of sorrow in those grooves.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: May 15, 2007 22:57

Was Journey Through the Past really remastered?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-15 22:59 by Nikolai.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1524
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home