Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT-The Police Updating Songs During Tour Rehearsals
Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: May 9, 2007 11:41

The Police updating songs during tour rehearsals
The Police are using their time in rehearsals to really get into and update some of their songs. Guitarist Andy Summers told us that the group is ripping some songs apart and reinventing them, with the goal being to make everything sound fresh: [ Click to listen if you have a backstage pass] "The task is to, like, take these songs and, and... I say revitalize -- I don't know, I think they're pretty vital songs, but I think what we have to do is get into really being a band together. We know the songs, obviously, but we -- we sort of take them as if we don't know them and, and, and rebuild them until, at least to our ears, they sound completely powerful, and modern, and are cutting it on all levels."

The updates include key changes on some songs, as well as different drum rhythms and guitar parts.

The Police are in Vancouver, British Columbia, where their 30th anniversary reunion tour starts this month. The band will play a fan-club show on May 27th at General Motors Place, then officially kick off the tour the following night at the arena.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1524
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home