Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 7 of 12
Re: Rome Tickets etc
Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: April 18, 2007 15:28

liddas Wrote:
>
> Just as a matter of curiosity, I would love to
> know WHO decided to make Rome all seated. Cannot
> be the stones management: if so all european dates
> would have been seated, and they are not.
>
> By the way, if you analise the cost of the ticket,
> of course this reflects the - high - costs for
> seating a football field, therefore I am sure that
> the margin is only slightly more profitable than a
> GA situation.
>
> Will it pay off?
>
> I am quite sure not.
>
> i) 3rd stones stadium concert in italy in 4
> years,
> ii) prices 80% higher than last time,
> iii) Milano 2006 was not a sold out (it did sell
> well - that means that the price fixed for 2006
> was reasonably the market price)
> iv) at the end of the day price of the ticket is
> all that matters. A fan does not pay 60 euros more
> to have a f+++ seat!
>
> C

OK let's put it this way: The Stones haven't played in Rome or Naples for a long, a very long time. The demand for tickets will be high despite the price. I think Napesl was in 82 and I cannot recall any other concert down South of Milano since then.
I am now at row 13. Ok I wish it would be Row 3, but at the end it was my mistake to purchase at the presale anyway. Ticketmaster.co.uk also offered much better seats on the public sales.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 18, 2007 15:45

Rockingfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> OK let's put it this way: The Stones haven't
> played in Rome or Naples for a long, a very long
> time. The demand for tickets will be high despite
> the price. I think Napesl was in 82 and I cannot
> recall any other concert down South of Milano
> since then.
> I am now at row 13. Ok I wish it would be Row 3,
> but at the end it was my mistake to purchase at
> the presale anyway. Ticketmaster.co.uk also
> offered much better seats on the public sales.

They played Rome in 90 and it was a memorable fiasco. One of the emptiest venues ever. Having said that, people move these days: Milano 03 and 06 was full of people from all around italy, it was THE italian date of the tour. Low cost airtravel makes it possible to travel around europe at reasonable prices. Don't forget that the population of stones fans in italy is not very large.

But, again, we will see how it goes.

C

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: April 18, 2007 16:41

I think they're likely to move the concert to the Stadio Flaminio... maybe they've charged the tickets this much in order to be able to cover the cost for the Flaminio booking also?

Just guessing: Liddas' questions are very relevant...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-18 17:27 by Wild Slivovitz.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 18, 2007 17:06

>> My question: were we able, as in germany, to get those [cheaper tickets in front of stage] on monday?
Did ticketone offer this option? <<

i'm just an onlooker, and feel real bad for you all having to guess what the seating chart might be like.
did anyone here try looking for field/pitch seats in the lower price ranges during the presales?
just curious whether that option even existed, and what came up if anyone tried it.

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: April 18, 2007 17:26

I did I tried all categories and the cheaper ones where PDE or PSE
PDB and PSB were the best to get. However some even got only PDC for the expensive price.
PDA never came up.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 18, 2007 17:27

Rockingfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> PDA never came up.

Bastards!

Posted by: vdkf ()
Date: April 18, 2007 18:00

Maybe some Italian speaking IORRians could phone them? I called them today to find out where my seats are but it was too complicated to have them understand what I wanted to know. The lady said that my seats were up front, but as Harm posted here before it seems as if PDC and PSC have sections B and A in front of them....

The no. is 0039 02 53006501

-----------------
[www.stonestreff.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-12 22:47 by vdkf.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: April 18, 2007 18:08

I agree, are there any Italian speaking people that can look into this? Tickets for the general sale go on tomorrow. We need to figure out what section to try and request to get the 1st ten rows on the field. If it is anything like the Germany site, the English did not work for the order for the Stones, just other events.

Posted by: loochie ()
Date: April 18, 2007 19:57

I just called that number and talked to a woman who said that the most expensive seats are closest to the stage, like in a theater, and she seemed puzzled that there would be any confusion about it...at any rate, i'm sure she doesn't really know anything about it winking smiley

she said that they're waiting to get the detailed seat map and that she'd email it to me as soon as she gets it. i'm not holding my breath winking smiley maybe some other italians can call too and talk in italian and ask for the map ? just so perhaps if more than one person asks they'll try to make a sort of project of actually mailing it out...

she didn't really know what i was talking about when i tried to inquire about PDB PSB PSA whatever, except that they must be blocks inside of the "plateas", which is sort of obvious. then again, italian is my second language, so maybe i couldn't quite find the right words to communicate these concepts properly...but i just got the impression that without a map to look at, she probably understands less than we do.

well, i want to get the "best possible" seat in the front (keith's side) with general admission tomorrow so i'd really like to know more too...at any rate, i'm available to call somewhere/ask more questions if anyone wants (hey it's cheap, i have skype smiling smiley

loochie

Date: April 18, 2007 20:07

Great loochie! THanks a lot :-) there's another number you might want to call - it's the local promotor in Rome no. 06 66183542 but others have tried before (including me) and never got anyone on the phone... maybe you're lucky!

-----------------
[www.stonestreff.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-12 22:47 by vdkf.

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: April 18, 2007 20:37

Dear Customer,

we inform you that 1PDB section is in front of the stage on the right side of it.

The places you have bought are just behind the 1PDA section( the first one).

Regards

Customer Care & Billing

TicketOne S.p.A.
Viale Achille Papa, 22 - 20149 Milano
Cap. Soc.: € 3.000.000,00
CF e P.IVA: 12471480157 REA Milano n.: 1558633

Date: April 18, 2007 20:52

very good of you to phone, Loochie.

>> talked to a woman who said that the most expensive seats are closest to the stage, like in a theater,
and she seemed puzzled that there would be any confusion about it <<

yeah, last year TM UK was really surprised to discover that there were 60 GBP seats in the front rows

>> we inform you that 1PDB section is in front of the stage on the right side of it.
The places you have bought are just behind the 1PDA section( the first one). <<

hm - so the A sections do exist, are closest to the stage, and weren't released during the presales?
sigh! and since they weren't released they might be low priced - we just don't know right now?
sigh again!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-18 23:27 by with sssoul.

Date: April 18, 2007 21:09

ciao !!

the woman from milan tickets just sent me a pdf file of the seating ! i don't know how to post it !! what should i do !!! okay i can email it to someone who knows how to post it or who wants a copy -

there isn't anything (visible?) about PDA PD etc etc, but it looks to me like the sections RIGHT AT THE STAGE are the 2nd Platea (in purple) and not the first (go figure). don't want to add more confusion to this - i'd rather just send the chart to someone who can post it!! at least it shows the B-stage too.

i'm wondering if they assume that the best seats are a bit farther back in order to get a better full view, without understanding that the big fans want to be CLOSER to the stage. on the other hand, i don't think i'd want to sit too close right under the stage and have to look straight up either...we don't know what they consider "too close"...

what to do what to do !! winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-16 13:47 by loochie.

Date: April 18, 2007 21:17

Loochie, i'll try to post it if you send it to me -
got it - thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-18 21:32 by with sssoul.

Date: April 18, 2007 21:23

Posted by: with sssoul (IP Logged)
Date: April 18, 2007 19:17

Loochie, i'll try to post it if you send it to me -

okay i sent it - did you get it ?????

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: April 18, 2007 21:24

Thank you all for your work on this one. Let's hope the research pays off tomorrow! Ciao!!

Posted by: Sir Oliver ()
Date: April 18, 2007 21:30

Thanks loochie, got your email and converted it to jpg:

[img260.imageshack.us]

If this plan is correct, DX stands for Ronnie´s side NOT Keith! SX would be Keith.. They are looking from the stage and not at the stage!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-18 21:36 by Sir Oliver.

Date: April 18, 2007 21:32

>> i'm wondering if they assume that the best seats are a bit farther back in order to get a better full view,
without understanding that the big fans want to be CLOSER to the stage. <<

the Stones have been pricing the front rows lower for several tours now -
i bet Erikjjf knows exactly when they started. :E
of course there wasn't so much reason for Europeans to be real aware of it,
since stadium shows were mainly GA up until now, but ... well, they've been doin it anyway!
i think they do it because the artists like to see people up front who are really radiant.
whether the view/sound is "worse" in the first ten rows varies from venue to venue -
just like standing right up front in a GA situation - but (obviously!) being way up close like that
means a lot in other ways.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-18 22:33 by with sssoul.

Date: April 18, 2007 21:37

Date: April 18, 2007 21:40

thanks so much, Loochie and Sir Oliver - and man is that confusing!

Date: April 18, 2007 21:50

thanks much you guys !!!

ya - does this mean that what we know is all wrong, and you have to buy keith's side as "left" now ???? i could try to ask more questions with milan tickets, but they probably don't even know who keith is, except that he's that guy who fell out of a tree winking smiley i guess i'll just try to verify what they mean by right and left...

Posted by: babylon ()
Date: April 18, 2007 21:55

It IS confusing!
So what about all these PSE, PDB (tbc) sections people have on their tickets? Where is this on the seating chart??

Posted by: jacopo ()
Date: April 18, 2007 21:56

where the map comes from?
thanks

Date: April 18, 2007 21:58

It's from MilanoConcerti - I got the same map attached to an email...

Posted by: Sir Oliver ()
Date: April 18, 2007 22:00

I guess 1PSC would be price category 1 (green) and so would be the green section C on Keith side (left when being a Rolling Stone looking at the audience) - so it would not be in the very front, but 10 rows away from it.

Date: April 18, 2007 22:05

okay so after some pondering: in the section names people have been talking about,
the number means which price level, PS means Keithside and PD means Ronnieside,
and then the final letter means the section.
since the sections closest to the stage are in the second price range they must be called
(on Keith's side) 2PSA, 2PSB, 2PSC and 2PSD, and (on Ronnie's side) 2PDA, 2PDB, 2PDC and 2PDD;
the ones that folks here got in the presales are in the first price range - the green sections on the chart -
for example 1PDA is the green Ronnieside section nearest the catwalk,
1PSB is the second green Keithside section from the catwalk, and so on.

*very* strange layout! and how lousy that there was no seating chart available during the presales -
i mean how would anyone guess at that?!

good luck & happy-making tickets to everyone in the public sales, though!
and continued thanks to the gallant Loochie and Sir Oliver - have some popcorn.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-18 22:59 by with sssoul.

Date: April 18, 2007 22:07

Guess we are all behind the first blocks! Thank you very much! Teste di cazzo

Anyway, Rome comes in the first place for me. Stones second!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-18 22:14 by Harm.

Posted by: babylon ()
Date: April 18, 2007 22:32

I think you're perfectly right, sssoul!!
Hope it helps me tomorrow.

And yes, a big hug to Loochie and Sir Oliver - grazie mille!!

Date: April 18, 2007 22:32

okay, i just emailed the Milano Concerti woman who sent me the map, and explained that this seating plan is "contrario" to what all the usual seating plans are for the rolling stones and asked her politely if it's correct. she probably thinks i'm a pazza, but i don't care winking smiley non me ne frega winking smiley

ya, this seating plan is very creative to put it politely...

Date: April 18, 2007 22:43

I also emailed ticketone to thank them for misleading us. E la vita é bela, basta avere un umbrela....

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 7 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1344
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home