Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Rock and Roll Circus
Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: March 11, 2007 21:43

That is a cool set up. Very good sound. Good Eye His Majesty.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: March 11, 2007 23:00

I watched it last night too. Dear God, why did they let Yoko anywhere near the set? ?What was she trying to accomplish? What a freak!! I'll never understand why John let her have his testicles, pretty much controlling him for so many years. I know he said he loved her dearly, but . . . . .sheesh!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 12, 2007 00:12

Luke33 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the Stones performance was good - not great. They
> were up for 2 days and looked tired and played
> tired...check out Salt of The Earth !

er..the Stones arent PLAYING on 'Salt of the earth'. The vocals are live, but theyre singing over a pre-recorded backing track.

> The Who were very good.

especially now that we know Townshend is singing about sleeping with a woman, and not "boys"!!

Posted by: hickorywind ()
Date: March 12, 2007 02:20

Thought the Stones were brilliant , cannot understand any negative reviews , also , all the other acts were great , maybe with the exception of YO....
YCAGWYW

Posted by: Zack ()
Date: March 12, 2007 06:28

HelterSkelter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ....don't know if it's common knowledge that
> Mick's outfit in the Lennon backstage scene (with
> the food/plate, right before YER BLUES) was making
> fun of the way Allen Klein dressed.... if it's
> common knowledge, sorry for taking up space, if
> it's not isn't that interesting that he did that?
> I always thought it was quite funny....

He was trying imitate his voice too (not very well though).

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: March 12, 2007 09:34

There';s something about the overall vibe that reminds me of "Performance". What I mean by that is that it doesn't flow the way they envisioned it. The allgood vibe just does not come through. Back then the Stones were too close to the ugly underside of London. At least in their projection. Liddas said "no rhythm"; that is also a good description. Sometimes this potpourri of unrelated performaers works, comes across with the All you need is love spirit. By the Stones putting it on it all gets jarred, stilted and not harmonious.
I wonder if at times the Stones wished they could shed their mantle as the dark ones, the associations with Kenneth Anger etc , to just wear it when it pleased them.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: livewithme ()
Date: March 13, 2007 20:39

I recorded but did not get a chance to see until last night. I expected to be disappointed (is that possible?) based on all the criticism above.
But I thought the whole thing was great. These huge stars having fun making music and no ego trips. Anything said negative was obviously a spoof.
The Who was great, Dirty Mac too (just pretend Yoko is not there) but the Stones were great too. Sort of off the cuff without choreography and lots of rehersal. So they were not so polished. But we have lots of that. I loved seeing them more relaxed. And the arrangements were slower but I thought nice. I thought Mick's vocals were great through out. SFTD really good with extending Keith soloing (but not turned up loud). Bill was turned down too. CAGWYW did not quite work I thought but liked the rest. They did not fake Salt of the Earth. It is not faking when no one had an instument in their hand. Great Keith vocals and the whole group and audience having fun singing along. Incredibly insecure that they did not release this. It was a great idea. this is a great period piece as it projects the late 1960s all the way thru

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1436
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home