Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Chuck Leavell's Charlane Plantation?
Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: February 5, 2007 02:50

Has anyone here ever visited Chucks place in Georgia, Charlane Plantation?

[www.charlane.com]

Re: Chuck Leavell's Charlane Plantation?
Posted by: potted lobster ()
Date: February 5, 2007 10:20

The site looked nice until the pling pling started.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 5, 2007 10:23

i'm not a fan of canned hunts.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 5, 2007 11:10

What's so good about making claims of vastly improving the habitat for the native quail, deer, turkey, and duck populations if the reason is just so that they can be shot for money?

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: February 5, 2007 11:40

nothing at all, beast; it's self serving hype. and disingenuous...and always making sure he promotes the actual Rolling Stones prominently in all his endless 'conservation' hype. selfish, cruel, unsportsmanlike, duplicitious.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 5, 2007 12:22

Beast Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What's so good about making claims of vastly
> improving the habitat for the native quail, deer,
> turkey, and duck populations if the reason is just
> so that they can be shot for money?

exactly. it's the "Ducks Unlimited" argument too.

Date: February 5, 2007 12:59

Interesting. I wonder if the hunts are "canned" or if it is wild birds?

Not much in favor of "canned" hunts myself.

On the other hand if someone's a vegetarian I don't hold that against them either.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-02-05 13:15 by 1cdog.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 5, 2007 13:32

I have. It's not too far from me (about 45 minutes). Social visit, not to hunt (I can do that at my house). Very beautiful spot - Chuck and Rose Lane were/are very nice.

Date: February 5, 2007 14:08

Elmo, thanks for making a relevant reply to the initial question.

I take it that you have quail where you live in GA.?

I have a farm in Virginia and there is no quail. As a kid there were plenty around but not for the last 10-15 years or so. A combination of lack of habitat and an increase in predators.

Nice to hear that about Chuck and Rose too.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: February 5, 2007 14:08

god u live in such a beatiful place...
looks really pastoral and lovely; hey elmo and luckester...
what i've seen of georgia is really special; but i haven't spent more than two weeks at a time there thru several visits...

...i was one state over in tennessee for two years recently...started slowing finding knoxville and e. tenn which i particularly loved...my brother and sister-in-law and very close niece,)live in the chatahoochies, not far from the the little part of n. carolina that dips on in near hiawasee. my sister in law, connie, originally from alpharetta. so i've been there as a visitor many times, for a week or two.

there is so much of it that is lovely and wild and warm...not just my family...tho they are a major gas for the most part...total church ha, connie...but very smart, funny, frank, playfully irreverent. i guess the beauty of the place, and also me hanging in my bros cabin or with my niece and her dogs in the wilds there...and all my second cousins and the feel of the towns up there, has made me love it and want to see more of the state. i wonder about the music scene in atlanta sometimes...
i should try to google their weekly or daily newspapers and net-visit...
my sister in law will call up every now and threaten to sell their horse if i don't come visit; they don't ride, i do, and they are keeping it as a pet around their land to torture me...cause i know him well and he needs to run...and i'm 90% sure that's bullshit, she wouldn't sell it, but the other ten is a killer...she's got me and she knows it...and my newphew is a trip; he's out on his own, building houses in dahlonega, and is a rockin' dude and truly great carpenter...so i'm gonna keep in touch with y'all dang it.
i lived in the mountain in the NE and love fresh game, have raised and shot a hawg, (and called the butcher to my land to dress it) i thought don't even say anything about chuck that's where lukester and elmo come from...
but it's just an opinion and i love georgia.

Posted by: marvpeck ()
Date: February 5, 2007 16:23

I'm in Atlanta and have played in bar bands. What do you want to know about the Atlanta scene?

Marv Peck

Y'all remember that rubber legged boy

Date: February 5, 2007 17:14

We have quail, but like your area not as many as before. The state has a program in place to increase the quail population. I'm in a rural area about an hour southeast of Macon. It's near enough to Atlanta and Jacksonville to enjoy the entertainment and resturants without having to live with the traffic. Our area is scenic and mostly farm and timberland.

Georgia has a lot to offer - city and country, beaches and mountains, modern and the past - it's a nice place to live (except July and August)!

Nice music scenes in Atlanta, Athens, and Macon.

Date: February 5, 2007 19:04

We have quail, but like your area not as many as before. The state has a program in place to increase the quail population. I'm in a rural area about an hour southeast of Macon. It's near enough to Atlanta and Jacksonville to enjoy the entertainment and resturants without having to live with the traffic. Our area is scenic and mostly farm and timberland.

Georgia has a lot to offer - city and country, beaches and mountains, modern and the past - it's a nice place to live (except July and August)!

Nice music scenes in Atlanta, Athens, and Macon.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2049
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home