Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: How Long Have You Been A Stones Fan?
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 4, 2006 15:44

35 years if my arithmatic is correct.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: December 4, 2006 15:47

Born in 1973, I've never known life w/o the Stones. I learnt to use the turntable at a young age, and Hot Rocks and the Blue album were my favourites (among various Muppet & Sesame Street LPs!)

There was kids show from the 70's called The Hilarious House of Frightenstein with a 'Wolfman' DJ character. He played classic rock and danced with some psychedelic blue-screen action. Jupmin'g Jack Flash from this show (it was the real Stones track) had me belting out "It's aaaaaallll riiiiiight now, fact it's a gassssss" when I was 3 or 4.

Also, Toronto has a huge fair (CNE). In 1978, I got lost at this huge place. I knew from kindergarten to find a policeman if this happened. So there I was, my parents got me at the depot, scared to death. I was chewing gum, blowing my first bubble, "whoo-hooo-hooo hoo-ooo-ooo"ing along to a certain disco-ish track popular that fall, blaring out of every crazy carny ride.

My first 'real' concert ever (I just turned 16) was Steel Wheels, Skydome, Dec 4th. I already had a growing stack of vinyl boots at this point. My older sister saw the show the night before, and was jealous that my brother and I heard them do Angie, and she and her boyfriend didn't!

Posted by: magenta ()
Date: December 4, 2006 17:25

I have been Stoned since 1964. I remember the first time I saw them in one of those teen magazines, they looked real scruffy. Another picture I remember from that time is that one of them in the checkered coats, that picture was in a 16 magazine talking about the latest music from across the pond. There was also a picture of a group called Shorty and Them and we all know who Shorty is. 42 years of rocking. Still have half my ticket stub from the first show that I saw them at.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 4, 2006 17:38

since the summer of 1972......saw the movie l&g the rolling stones when it 1st came out.... missed seeing the stones play in philly in 1972 could not afford the ticket......can you believe that? now look at the prices...ha..

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 4, 2006 17:43

First heard of them in 1973 when I saw the promo clip for "Angie" on "Lift Off"!

Didnt really become a fan if I'm being honest until I saw the TV advert for the 'Get Stoned' compilation in late 1977. I thought 'that'll do me', got the album for Christmas (I actually raided the back of my parents' wardrobe prior to December 25th so I could play it as I couldnt wait that long) and have been a hopeless addict ever since.

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: December 4, 2006 17:45

LQ1977 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Since 1992 when I was 15. Thanks to my Dad and his
> great record collection, I discovered a whole
> musical world that year going through all his
> vinyl in alphabetical order....

You must have been bummed out if you went a - z, rather than z - a? I mean - you had to wait longer for the Rolling Stones that way ;-)

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: December 5, 2006 10:30

mofur Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LQ1977 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Since 1992 when I was 15. Thanks to my Dad and
> his
> > great record collection, I discovered a whole
> > musical world that year going through all his
> > vinyl in alphabetical order....
>
>
> You must have been bummed out if you went a - z,
> rather than z - a? I mean - you had to wait longer
> for the Rolling Stones that way ;-)

Hehe! Well, I do not remember where I started, but I think it was with the Stones as I had already sort of discovered them.... But I remember writing a long list from A-Z containing the albums I liked. :-)

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: December 5, 2006 15:28

It must have been when I first tasted that delicious Goats head soup.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 5, 2006 18:23

How Long Have You Been A Stones Fan?
Posted by: bassplayer617 (IP Logged)
Date: December 2, 2006 00:34

I first realised there was something about them I liked in 1965 when I was ten, the year they released "Get off of My Cloud". But then in 1968 when they came out with "Jumping Jack Flash", that was it .... I lost it completely. So call it 40 odd years. I first saw them in 1976, Knebworth/UK.

Date: December 16, 2006 21:54

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 16, 2006 22:35

Since Big Bang ..... the first one.
From here to eternity.
Forever and ever, amen.

13th birthday -Got Goats Head - 1973.
Became a Stones freak in 1976 with Black and Blue.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: December 16, 2006 22:51

1964---when i heard the first time---Its all over now

Posted by: [b]NicoS[/b] ()
Date: December 17, 2006 00:00

38 years (altough I don't understand this because I feel much younger) time flies when you play Sstones records

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1566
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home