Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: 60 Minutes' Ed Bradley has died of leukemia
Posted by: Glass Slide ()
Date: November 10, 2006 22:27

Very,very sad---a journalistic giant and the epitome of "cool". Met him at a Knicks game about 6yrs ago, we were sitting right behind him and of course we were aware who it was but because we were there to see the game and figured the last thing he wanted was to be bothered, did not say anything. Anyway, during halftime, he turned around and joined in our conversation about the game and the state of the Knicks, it was obvious from his comments that he was aware of what he had been saying earlier--awesome guy, we only talked about basketball--could not have been any nicer. After the game we were like "We spent 1/2 hour talking basketball WITH ED BRADLEY!!" Never forget it.... RIP Ed

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 10, 2006 22:37

cool story, slider....thanks for sharing.

Date: November 10, 2006 22:47

No problem--was in a cab last nite and heard Mike Wallace paying tribute, kinda shocking because I watched his piece on the Duke case and he looked healthy to me and that had to of aired in the last mth or so, although I am not aware how far in advance they are taped--just a tremendous loss and very sad.

Tod---had been super busy last couple of mths and have only been on sporadically, very disappointed to see that you were in my city and I missed you, though think it is very cool you got to see the show and one of NYC's great places--the Beacon Theater--have seen many great shows there over the yrs (Keith with the Winos, was the best of the bunch) and I never fail to be amazed at how cool that venue is. Also, very very happy to hear about Ronnie's Lazarus like comeback---that is GREAT.

Next time you are in NY, will DEFINTELY have to meet up for a cocktail.... or 10 lol

Date: November 10, 2006 22:55

sounds good. hopefully, history isn't a basis for determining when I'll next be in your town - last time had been 1981.

Date: November 10, 2006 22:59

1981?? Wow!! The city has changed a little, no?

You must have some pretty good connections though, there was a lot of stuff in the newspapers about the Secret Service not letting people in etc "Shidoobee" was quoted in a number of articles, it did seem kind of unfair about the heavy handed way in which they handled it. If I had scalped and then not got in, I very well might have made the NY Post's Police Blotter---lol

Date: November 10, 2006 23:05

no connections. was a lucky winner in the rs.com essay contest....and it could not have possibly had anything to do with my essay.....

Date: November 10, 2006 23:10

An essay contest? Get out! Congrats--well done. Is there any place one can go to read said essay? I am not being sarcastic.

That is a pretty cool way of giving out tickets.

So, by my count you have seen this tour in 2 continents and 3 different time zones--not to shabby...

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 12, 2006 23:08

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1413
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home