Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Complete 2006 Stones BOXSCORE (Jan.-Sept.)
Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: October 12, 2006 13:50

Gazza remarks: the average ticket price for London was higher than $134 (about £70)...

All of us know, french Press know too: the attendance in Stade De Franch was much more than 63,000 people...

...and i wonder: Are these evidences showing something like a Cohl's Tax evasion?

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: October 12, 2006 14:55

Thanks for the 2005 figures Erik.
It's weird, they forgot the MSG and Albany shows...

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: October 12, 2006 18:31

Well, some more estimates which are based on numbers Georgelicks provided.
As for Europe.

They sold 909,229 tickets totaly out of 1,046,808. The percentage is 86.9%. World Cup obviously affected sales in Germany: lower percentage, 80.1% (221,126 sold tickets out of 275,929). Still a decent number. If Germany wasn't on touring map, the percentage in the rest of Europe would be 89.3%.

Given the ticket prices and the fact that the Stones played Europe just 3 years ago, IMO these sales aren't bad at all.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: October 12, 2006 18:40

"these sales aren't bad at all"
Are you kiddin'? This tour is going to be a world record!
Yes I think it's not bad, it's amazing, nobody even close to this. And it's not over for sure!

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: October 12, 2006 18:58

1962---true...no other act/band could come as close to the stones for total ticket sales with the same tix price!!
looks very good for the bottom line....the stones stated this tour with live act business in a recession.. NO ONE SOLD TICKETS LIKE THE STONES DID..
not rap, hip hop...not anyone! so the numbers look pretty good too me with the prices they are charging....

Date: October 12, 2006 19:30

"Are you kiddin'? This tour is going to be a world record!
Yes I think it's not bad, it's amazing, nobody even close to this. And it's not over for sure!"

1962, that's exactly what i wrote earlier - look at the entire discussion on this thread. I take a share in your enthousiasm. Absolutely. My guarded words "these sales aren't bad at all" are refering to the percentages (attendance/capaticy) in Europe. They're lower than everywhere - USA, Canada, South America, Pacific- for reasons explainable. But that's exactly the point: a band that attracts 4.5, 5 or even more million of people with these prices, considering as "low" the european percantage 87%, then this band can have only one name. Rolling Stones!

Personally, i don't care much for the upcoming grosses world record. I'm enthousiastic -once again- for their performances and for their popularity too. I'm enthousiastic, first of all, seeing that the Stones is still the best live rock band. Ascertaining that they are able to attract worldwide an incredibly number of people. When? In 2005-2007, on their fourth big tour in the last 12 years. Yes, that's amazing.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: October 12, 2006 19:41

plus you can't make people have good tastes...the stones are playing better then ever..just feel real sorry for our friends over sea's missing the boat again!
what the stones need now is to record a new album.....

Posted by: arizojp ()
Date: October 12, 2006 20:28

Georgelicks, or someone else, do you have the exact 2003 numbers for Paris, Munich, Milan, Berlin and Vienna to make some comparisons ?
Thanks

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1996
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home