Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Bonnie Raitt is support in Vegas and LA
Posted by: MicknSteven ()
Date: October 6, 2006 20:16

So for all of us going to the Dodger Stadium show, with a Start Time of 5:30 can we safely assume there are going to be 2 Acts?

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 6, 2006 20:34

"She is fine for an opening act...but not when folks were talking AC/DC."

Folks weren't talking AC/DC. Some @#$%& who was an obviously a liar posted it as fact and a few others ran with it.

"So for all of us going to the Dodger Stadium show, with a Start Time of 5:30 can we safely assume there are going to be 2 Acts?"

I wouldn't assume anything at this point but I am starting to think you will be home in plenty of time to catch the opening monologue on Saturday Night Live.

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: October 6, 2006 21:03

.... ahhh, back off of bonnie,,, she is very cool, she completely understands she will not be all that popular openin' for the stones,, ,, an who goes to the stones to see the warm-ups anyway, not in LA they dont... and why all the concern if theyre gonna sell tickets or not,,, look at it this way, if no one shows up, you with your cheap ticket can walk ta the front an crap your pants!

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: October 6, 2006 22:52

"Folks weren't talking AC/DC. Some @#$%& who was an obviously a liar posted it as fact and a few others ran with it. "

Yes, a liar posted it...other talked about it...every scalper on ebay mentioned it...many DC fans were talking about. That qualifies as folks talking about AC/DC. I've now corrected your correction...since I am and was correct. Further, that wasn't even the main point of my post.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: October 7, 2006 01:50

They're VERY LUCKY to have Bonnie, a class act, great slide guitar player, awesome blues, it fits with the Stones better than that fool rapper we had open in Foxboro, what's his name??? Oh, yeah, Kayne West! DORK! Foul mouthed, talentless, vermin!

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: October 7, 2006 02:06

Wow...I mean I don't care for his music...but why is he vermin? You have some very mean spirited comments about him...any reason why? I know he doesn't like G.W. Bush...that is the only reason I can think of someone personally disliking him...unless of course you know the man.

Yes, she is better than him. Yes, she is talented. No, she is not going to help sell tickets. No, she is not a terribly exciting opening act...better than Starsailor I guess.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: October 7, 2006 02:36

I'm not a fan of Kanye West or rap music in general, but the guy is very critically aclaimed and really liked by musicians, similar to how Eminem is. The same way that a band like Nirvana resonated with older rock musicians who you would not think would have liked them, Kanye is doing the same. I'm of the opinion that he was not added to the 3 shows at which he opened to significantly boost sales, but more because Mick and maybe some of the 3 as well either like him or want to appear hip. Kanye also opened some U2 shows last fall and is doing it again in November, so he's willing to expand beyond his core audience and he apparently appeciates rock music as well, based on comments I've read from him.

I can't picture the Stones actually being fans of most of the opening acts on this tour, but musicans generally seem to have a less narrow appreciation of music than most of their fans do and I would picture Kanye, along with Bonnie Raitt, as some of those that they do respect.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-07 02:45 by Halup.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: October 7, 2006 05:13

I've never managed to see an opening act yet in almost 40 shows! Maybe I'll listen to Bonnie 'tho, not to get all excited but just to see a skilled musician and guitar player. Maybe it will keep me calm anticipating Keef's first chords! Certainly better than the slot machines.

Posted by: TombstoneShadow ()
Date: October 7, 2006 11:01

scelsa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She has a "guarantee" of $500US for that gig/not
> bad for a "has been". Plus she can drink as much
> Coke as she wants during the show

What in the &^%$# makes Bonnie a has-been ??

She's an incredible blues player, incredible steel guitarist, the closest thing you're getting to Janis Joplin these days.

What the &^%$# is wrong with her ?

Not to mention a perfect fit for joining the Stones for a song or two..

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 7, 2006 15:36

Sign of the times for sure to see "Stones" fans more obsessed with getting a big name act (who isnt going to make a big dent in ticket sales anyway, regardless of who it is) than with an opening act who actually plays quality, rootsy music steeped in the blues - ie something in common with the band theyre going to see.

the same people had they been around in 1969 or so would probably have bitched at them hiring "has-beens" like BB King or Ike & Tina Turner

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: October 7, 2006 17:24

TombstoneShadow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She's .., the closest thing you're getting to
> Janis Joplin these days.

I like Bonnie, but I don't agree with that description.

Check out a lady named Rory Block for something a little closer.

There was a story in '75 during the TOTA about a female guitarist who wanted to jam with the Stones, in think in L.A. I recall that Keith said no, that no woman would ever play guitar on stage with the Stones...No name was given, but I assumed at the time that they were talking about Bonnie. Does anyone else recall this story?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 7, 2006 20:45

I did not hear that story.

I agree that the Stones likely respect Bonnie's playing and singing.
Would love to see her join the Stones for a number. I doubt if that will happen.
Okay, another opening act could generate more excitement, but she is a great all-around performer.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 20, 2013 07:09

FYI
Bonnie is on Leno tonight, for any bored people out there.

Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: February 20, 2013 07:55

barking paul
on rollingstones.com today.[/quote

Hi, do you have the link? thanks

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 20, 2013 09:55

Paulhanrahan
barking paul
on rollingstones.com today.

Hi, do you have the link? thanks

The original post is from 2006

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 20, 2013 10:55

Max, couldn't you wait until April 1 ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 20, 2013 16:09

please take your medication and go to the looney farm

jeroen

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 20, 2013 18:04

Why would you have to be bored to see Bonnie? She's a top flight slide player and it's nice to see her. Leno, on the other hand....

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 20, 2013 18:44

it was a 2006 Note, now its 2013
duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

jeroen

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1110
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home