Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: So the London shows were great...
Posted by: ablett ()
Date: August 23, 2006 17:55

You don't get it do you? MJ just recovers from an illness and the band put on two fine shows and you still complain about 19 instead of 20 songs. Ridiculous. Go to a gig and you don't even notice! Unless ur counting that is.....

Posted by: Ged Rambler ()
Date: August 23, 2006 17:55

There is nothin at all to complain about - they came,saw,conquered,kicked ass & we all went home happy - its as simple as that.

Posted by: jimmyketchup ()
Date: August 23, 2006 17:57

"it baffles me that no one here mentioned mick's sore throat which is probably the main cause for the shortened shows (at least in numbers) "

It has more to do with local licensing issues. The council probably would have wanted the concert to end earlier due to the proximity of local residents, poor public transport facilites, etc..

I saw U2 there last year and it was also a shorter set-list than other dates on the tour.

Last nights concert was great, probably best performance i've seen by the band (although i've only previously seen them twice in 1999 and 2003).

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: August 23, 2006 18:07

C'mon Debra,

It doesn't get any much better than this in a stadium.
Yours are the comments of a selfish spoilt child.
Keith has recovered, Mick has got over the hiccup, Charlie has recovered, Ronnie is hot again...........and they have just pumped out 1 excellent and 1 killer show.
What more do you want?
Get real....and kill the caps.

Oily.

PS You didn't have to spend $450, were the tickets all one price?

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: August 23, 2006 18:27

Darryl Jones seems to think last night was a bit special too,
from his website blog:-

Twickenham 22nd
It's such an odd thing to go out on stage and from the beginning feel that it's going to be an exciting show. You never want to give into the idea of it to quickly. You just want to pay attention to the music and each other and let it happen. Tonight I had that feeling. I think we all did. And it just unfolded into such a special night. I thought we played pretty well the first night at Twickenham but in my opinion it paled in comparison to tonight's show. We were working with some hinderances tonight and sometimes that's just what you need to dig a bit deeper and have some real magic occur. I had a great time playing and listening to these guys tonight. I'm glad I do what I do tonight. Great audience,great players all around and the magic just happens. It takes so many variables and makes them into something so simple. Joy!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 23, 2006 22:28

keefstheman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How do people feel about getting only 19 songs? I
> just don't understand how the boys can do this to
> the people that are paying too much as it is to
> see/hear them. Have they no conscience at all?
> When CSNY and Springsteen give you about 30 songs
> and charge about less than half of what the Stones
> do, it just burns my a## all the more. Sure they
> give a great show and I still love em...but I hate
> em too!
>
> What says all of you?

Springsteen doesnt play 30 songs per show for starters. On the current tour, its in the low 20's, primarily because its an almost all-new show, with an all new band. Usually his shows clock in around 23-25 on the last couple of tours, once in a while you might get something close to 30, but thats usually something extraordinary like an end-of-tour show or something.

I think the Stones played around 19 on the last European tour as well. I agree with you they should play more for the prices theyre charging and when you compare it to what other artists play - but we knew this when the tour started and by now we're well used it. I'm not crazy about it, but I still paid for my tickets, so I basically got what I expected.

Just out of curiosity. Is 20 the bare minimum thats acceptable? I was a bit disappointed to have got only one encore over the 2 London shows, but if that was the price to pay for Mick's voice holding up for the show and for those yet to come, I'll live with it. The quality of the performances on both nights more than compensated for that numerical shortcoming.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home