Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Stones to play Bill and Hillary Clinton's Birthday Celebration
Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: August 11, 2006 12:10

Ok, so this is already on IORR news so BV beat me to this (been busy with the near terrorist attack news so was a bit slow) but I actually spotted it on Yahoo first. The great and brilliant Ex- US President Bill Clinton's Birthday is actually on August 19th (day before Robert Plant's on Aug. 20th) but he will be officially celebrating it at New York's Beacon Theater on October 29th along with his wife Hillary's Birthday which is October 26th. The Stones will be the musical guest performers that evening. Sounds like a great night and really great of the Stones to be part of it...

Re: Stones to play Bill and Hillary Clinton's Birthday Celebration
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 11, 2006 12:18

So Hillary will be there....
Any chance of gettin' me in micksbrain.......?

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: August 11, 2006 12:24

YEs..It's great.They are truely going back to their roots on this one, playing a debutante ball.

Maybe they can dig up Brian and Stu and play a rendition of Da Doo Ron Ron

Embarrassing. What ever happen to the Stones that said "FU#$ YOU!" to stuff like this?

Keith? Where's Keith at? Hello!! Get out of the trees and the hospital and do something about this!

Oh wait....they're grown-ups now. "Respectable" I think Mick called it.

I personally would love to go to this party. Gonna be a lot of chicks there! Maybe Mick and Bill can share 3 or 4.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 11, 2006 12:33

The problem is that this seems to be filmed to be made into a DVD by Martin Scorsese. If it's charity it's most likely warhorses. Not that there's anything wrong with playing them at all, but we have 3 DVDs full of them already. Make this night special.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: August 11, 2006 12:52

Yeah Rockman, I'll see if i can get you in... My new Girl Friend Monica can get about 6 or 8 tickets (she has some kind of casual past connection with one of them - don't know the details)....(Whispers) She just left the room...you know it's weird but ever since she moved in with me my cigars seem to be missing all the time. I've looked EVERYWHERE (well, almost) but I can't seem to find them....It's almost like one of those black holes in space is sucking them up........Strangest thing....

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 11, 2006 12:58

MicksBrain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's almost like
> one of those black holes in space is sucking them up.

You might be closer to the truth than you think.... ;-)

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 11, 2006 13:01

Say hello to Monica for me....Bill works in strange ways.....
but I guess it would be weirder if it was George Clinton...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 11, 2006 13:23

I'm sick!

Date: August 11, 2006 13:26

Porque ?

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 11, 2006 13:29

This Bill and Hillary Clinton's Birthday Celebration shite

Date: August 11, 2006 13:38

Well I don't know - when Bill was in charge, and you gotta admit he's a genius - reads all the time, knows EVERYTHING, the country was in great shape. I miss those days, the days we had a top LEADER....The dude deserves a great birthday party...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-11 13:57 by MicksBrain.

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: August 11, 2006 15:11

Shame.Keith you dissapointed me again.

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: August 11, 2006 15:17

No political posts??? Or only no politcally posts the rabid, self-appointed guard dogs don't approve of?

Posted by: scelsa ()
Date: August 11, 2006 15:31

Paging BV - Yet ANOTHER BS Political post by Micks-non-Brain. He TRIEs to be subtle but he is clearly sending political messages with each and every post.

You sent ME an e-mail for simply RESPONDING to another of his political posts. Micks non-Brain is the one CREATING these posts.

Thank you

Posted by: martingo ()
Date: August 11, 2006 15:36

Maybe the Big Guy can play sax on "Brown Sugar"!

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: August 11, 2006 15:43

Just when you think it can't get any worst this happens. It would be hard for them to sink any lower but at this point I wouldn't put it past them. Next thing you know they will start playing Start Me Up twice at their shows or Charlie will have a back up drummer just like there is a back up guitarist.

The Stones clearly don't care about their fans, unless they have lots of money or are famous in one way or another. Sad Sad Sad

Date: August 11, 2006 15:45

Perhaps the ultimate low point. I hope they read some of these posts (not that it would matter)

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: August 11, 2006 16:37

okay so is there any way in hell us TRUE fans can get in without taking out a second mortgage

Date: August 11, 2006 17:08

scelsa Wrote:
> Paging BV - Yet ANOTHER BS Political post by
> Micks-non-Brain. He TRIEs to be subtle but he is
> clearly sending political messages with each and
> every post.
>
> You sent ME an e-mail for simply RESPONDING to
> another of his political posts. Micks non-Brain is
> the one CREATING these posts.
>
> Thank you

Dude, easy on the coffee please...no more then 2 cups...This story HAPPENS to be on the IORR news page but I saw it first on the yahoo news page. The Stones are playing for Clintons birthday - it's a news story, no secret messages bouncing off of Mars back to earth. How often do the Stones play shows like this? Pretty close to never. Just relax man, I can't say Clinton in your world of control? I like Clinton and I like the Stones and this is an interesting news story (I mean Clinton is on the Four Flicks DVD box set - HE KNOWS THE BAND !). In fact if Im in NYC around this time and the tickets aren't super crazy expensive and there are a few I might go if at all possible. please relax, MB

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: August 11, 2006 17:21

Ugh...

Posted by: Luke33 ()
Date: August 11, 2006 17:28

I don't believe this, I never thought the Stones were a Vegas act ....?

Sold out Stones.

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: August 11, 2006 17:55

Correct, they have Jumped the Shark!

Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: August 11, 2006 17:56

What is with all the negativity? Not surprised though, considering it's the favorite passtime of many who frequent this board. Have any of you not seen the fantastic documentary Scorsese (spelt wrong?) did on Dylan? Or the Last waltz? Or the brilliant Heart of Gold with Neil? Jeez, this guy is a master at this type of thing and we would be guarenteed something different than we've had in the past with regards to movies and dvd's. And am I missing something or is there something inherently wrong with raising money and awareness for a good cause? If indeed this is to come about I personally can't wait.

Date: August 11, 2006 18:06

Clinton will be performing on sax in Brown Sugar.
On top of the Eiffel Tower in the accompanying stage video.
As well.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 11, 2006 18:12

Scorsese did the Neil young documentary? That was Jonathan Demme.

whats wrong with it? How much time have you got? - aside from the fact that every one of the promised 'theatre' shows on this tour has either bit the dust or ended up as a fundraiser or gala event which most FANS cant afford to see, the fact that the Stones are playing such a show for a politician of any description is not a good thing. I've no personal axe to grind against the Clintons, but I find the idea of a British band effectively nailing their colours to the mast (because thats how it will be perceived whether they like it or not) in the internal politics of a foreign country a bit distasteful.

That to me overrides any excitement of the Stones playing a theatre show. Time they played one for their bloody fans and not another gala event for an audience who couldnt care less about them but for whom theyre a side attraction.

Great a filmmaker as Scorsese is (hes my personal favourite), he cant make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. The Stones playing a private gala gig for the rich and famous doesnt strike me as a very interesting concept for a movie of the tour

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-11 18:15 by Gazza.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: August 11, 2006 18:13

no nervous breakdowns Wrote:
> Clinton will be performing on sax in Brown Sugar.
> On top of the Eiffel Tower in the accompanying
> stage video.
> As well.

and Monica will be playing his blue-veined piccolo, at the same time.

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: August 11, 2006 18:19

I just moved to NYC last week!!! I'm 22 and broke but very nice and easy to get along with if anyone has any way to get fairly cheap tickets. I'll be extremely grateful! I just graduated from college so feel bad for me!

Date: August 11, 2006 18:30

they "jumped the shark" a LONG time ago. Total disgrace.

Bu then they do not care what their true fans think

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: August 11, 2006 18:32

Will they play "Respectable"?

Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: August 11, 2006 18:33

Sorry about my Neil mistake. That was a major error on my post. I agree with some of the points you made Gazza, your opinion is respected. I still feel that with Scorsese involved it will become something special. I think everyone is jumping to conclusions, let's wait and see what the show is going to entail. The Last Waltz is perhaps my favorite rock and roll movie of all time despite Robbie Robertson's attitude which came out later on. But the way it was done was special and I can't see him getting involved without it becoming something different than we've seen before. I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time. Glad to see it's New York and not a lame european audiance (sorry, had to throw that one in!LOL).

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1215
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home