Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Let's Rob Mick Jagger!
Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: July 20, 2006 23:07

And why not? He's taken my money often enough. Plus these days he rarely plays the songs I really want to hear.

Just kidding (um, sort of). That is actually one of the proposed titles for a U.S. fall sitcom. Here's some more info from [www.usatoday.com]

Mick Jagger is one of the biggest stars of ABC's fall lineup, even if viewers may hardly see him. But the title of Let's Rob Mick Jagger was shortened to Let's Rob..., changed to The Knights of Prosperity, and might change yet again before its Oct. 17 premiere. The show stars Donal Logue as leader of a gang of inept burglers (that would be the knights) intent on looting the Rolling Stone's luxe Manhattan pad.

Logue and the other knights are "innocent and they're naive in some ways," he says. "They're people that people overlook all the time,but they want a bit of what's theirs. And I think in a way, it helps make them more sympathetic."

A potential problem: Jagger has yet to commit to any future episodes beyond an inspired turn in the pilot, which might impact the success or failure of their scheme. And should the show succeed, its characters will try to pull off some other caper in subsequent seasons, which "forces us toreinvigorate, challenge ourselves (and) come up with abrand-new exciting premise," says co-creator Rob Burnett, David Letterman's longtime producer. So "we want to be careful not to oversell Mick."

They can't oversell Sofia Vergara, the show's "hottie" as Esperanza, a strong woman who volunteers to join the knights. The actress had a different career in mind: "I went to three years of dental school in Colombia," she told critics. "But then all this voluptuousness didn't let me finish."

Re: Let's Rob Mick Jagger!
Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: July 20, 2006 23:11

I just came on to post something about this and saw you beat me to it. here is what i found on MSNBC:

The show formerly known as ‘Let’s Rob Mick Jagger’

Want a great name for a show? Try “Let’s Rob Mick Jagger,” which is a more fitting title for ABC’s new comedy than the name the show currently carries: “The Knights of Prosperity.” Even in the pilot, one character tells star Donal Logue “That name sucks!”

“Tao of Steve” star Logue leads a band of hapless if charming criminals who plan to rob the luxurious New York home of the Stones’ frontman. In fact, the show was briefly called “Let’s Rob…”, leaving the possibility open that the crew would rob other stars in the future. But the fragmented sentence didn’t work for the producers, who also thought finishing the thought with “Let’s Rob Mick Jagger” would oversell Jagger’s involvement. (The rocker filmed his cameo while on tour in New Zealand; the resulting footage is all in the pilot.)

The show seems fairly focused and the supporting cast is strong, even if their roles can be called sterotypes (the Middle Eastern cabby, the Brooklyn tough, the giant African-American man, the Latin-American hottie). But the way they go about their crime is engaging and there’s plenty of real laughs in the pilot. Said one producer “It’s a workplace comedy with a very odd workplace.” And Logue remains one of the few regular-looking, goofy guys on TV — though in person, he’s actually quite styling. At first I mistook the tech guy who came out to adjust the stars’ microphones for Logue, that’s how much I expect Logue to look like Joe Regular Dude.

Random tidbits from the robbery:

The show was originally called “Let’s Rob Jeff Goldblum,” but Goldblum’s name was just tacked on sort of randomly. Goldblum didn’t know about this until publicity for the show broke.
If you want to say Donal Logue’s first name correctly, just remember it has the same first syllable as “Donut.” However, Logue himself has been eschewing the donuts, he’s much thinner in person than he appears in the pilot. “Two words for Donal: Fat suit,” joked a producer.
The producers admitted they thought Jagger would never agree to appear in the show, even doing joking imitations among themselves in which they’d mimic Jagger calling them. When he actually did, they found he “couldn’t have been nicer or more professional.”

Posted by: 12X5 ()
Date: July 20, 2006 23:17

Mick's going to be in an ABC sitcom? What the hell? I guess I've been under a rock because this is the first time I've heard about it. Urgh...

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: July 20, 2006 23:17

They should just call it "Let's Rob A Rich Guy."

Posted by: Chav Watch ()
Date: July 20, 2006 23:24

I think Mick would be cool in are-make of the 70s sitcom Man About The House.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: July 21, 2006 00:06

i always thought the perfect role for Mick was Tim Curry's role in Rocky Horror.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: July 21, 2006 01:30

I saw the pilot episode about 4 0r 5 months ago and have never seen or heard anything further about the shows reappearance

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1524
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home