Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: This stinks...
Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: July 11, 2006 06:43

Heritage marker for AC/DC frontman stolen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A plaque honouring former AC/DC frontman Bon Scott was stolen from Fremantle Cemetery in Western Australia over the weekend.

CBC Arts
The National Trust of Australia made the gravesite into an official heritage site just this February, 26 years after Scott's death.

The National Trust, an organization that marks and preserves heritage sites in Australia, has agreed to replace the plaque.

The site is Western Australia's first contemporary listing and needs a plaque, said National Trust spokesman Carl Haynes.

Fans often make the pilgrimage to Fremantle, near Perth, to visit Scott's grave.

The Bon Scott Fan Club had lobbied for years to get a marker commemorating Scott, who replaced AC/DC's lead singer, Dave Evans, in 1974, after Evans refused to go on stage. Scott, who'd been the band's chauffeur, helped create the raunchy rocker image for which the band is known.

Scott died in London in 1980 after a night of heavy drinking.

The plaque was found to be missing July 9, on what would have been Scott's 60th birthday.

Hard-won honour

Fans are outraged that a hard-won honour has been stolen, said Doug Thorncroft, president of the Western Australia Bon Scott Fan Club

"We didn't notice it at first because there was a pile of love rocks on top of where it should have been, and then we moved them and noticed it was gone," he said.

"It may be somebody that was ... who had just a little bit too much to drink on the Saturday night and thought they'd get a souvenir. Maybe they're a big fan, or it could be somebody with a grudge," he said.

The theft has been reported to police.

Scott, who was born in Scotland and raised in Australia, was vocalist for Australian rock bands Fraternity and the Valentines, before joining AC/DC. He recorded albums such as High Voltage, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap and Highway to Hell with the band.

He was replaced by Brian Johnson as vocalist.

With files from Australian Broadcasting Corp.

What a bunch of idiots!

Re: OT: This stinks...
Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: July 11, 2006 07:05

That sucks, I was lucky to see AC/DC w/ Bon Scott. It was at Madison Square Garden, they opened for Ted Nugent, 1979.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 11, 2006 07:13

Melbourne Herald Sun 11 July 2006

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: July 11, 2006 07:39

who cares? they can put another plaque! its just a plaque! its not like its his remains or the last bottle he drank from

i love bon scott and i would not have taken it but it seems easily replaceable.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: July 11, 2006 08:45

it looks great on my wall . . .

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: July 11, 2006 09:49

Well it beats 1988 when some @#$%& over here stole his head stone.

Usually pissed dickwads hang around there so I'm surprised only two silly things like this have happened in 26 and a half years.

They'll need to do the Morrison in Paris thing - fence it off, have cameras and hire security guards.

And as for "who cares?" - I think common sense would dictate that it's quite an offensive thing to do. How do you think his family feels about this?

Who cares indeed.....

Posted by: Bockwuchsd ()
Date: July 11, 2006 10:01

I'm sure it was Nikki ;-)

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: July 11, 2006 10:05

that's my evil nikki doppleganger . . .

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: July 11, 2006 12:10

what the @#$%& has Nikki Sixx got on his head ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1524
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home