Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - Ivory Coast
Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: June 16, 2006 21:06

I am soooooooooooo pissed off, there were no less than 3 clear penalties for Ivory Coast against Holland, the best team in the tournament robbed of going forward, furious I am !!!!
The ref needed a guide dog, crossing himself when the final whistle blew will not save him from God's wrath for his stupidity smiling smiley

Re: OT - Ivory Coast
Posted by: TooMuchAlcohol ()
Date: June 16, 2006 21:18

You are right! I think this was the first match (on this tournament) where the second best team won the match.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-17 10:52 by TooMuchAlcohol.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 16, 2006 21:18

Ivory Coast the best team in the tourney? How's that?

Posted by: bartman ()
Date: June 17, 2006 10:49

humanriff77 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am soooooooooooo pissed off, there were no less
> than 3 clear penalties for Ivory Coast against
> Holland, the best team in the tournament robbed of
> going forward, furious I am !!!!
> The ref needed a guide dog, crossing himself when
> the final whistle blew will not save him from
> God's wrath for his stupidity smiling smiley

Humanriff77, on wich side are you standing? I mean. Holland did a great job although it wasn't their best game I've seen. The secondhalf was really poor but we (Holland) had the best changes and we took them. Ivory Coast have very atletic players but they are not technical like Holland, Argentina or Brasil. If you loose two games you're not ready for a second round in a tournament like this.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: June 17, 2006 11:14

You're wrong. Penalties? Please.. Netherlands won fair and square.. they played a great fist half. Van Persie was awesome.. you could see that, in the second half, when they took out Van Nistelrooy for Landzaat, they became basically a defending team, very little balls played forward. So Van Persie started helping the defenders.. in, I think, Ivory Coast's last corner, he did some great defending. Good player.

Remember man.. it's not ballet!!

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: June 17, 2006 11:29

Reptile - you're Dutch! Not so objective - I guess. The Ivorians were robbed of a penalty. It was so obvious in the slow motion from variuos angles. Pulling someons hair is a "girlie to girlie" thing and should not be done by girls older than 7. When you see this on a football ground - it's just a comedy. You don't believe what you see.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 17, 2006 11:38

Ivory Coast do not have a killer like Van Nistelrooy (I don't understand the fuzz about Drogba). Ivory Coast have a great team, but on every position Holland have a better player.
On the day a draw would have been a fair result, but I guess the most experienced team won.

Date: June 17, 2006 11:44

BowieStone Wrote:
> Ivory Coast do not have a killer like Van
> Nistelrooy (I don't understand the fuzz about
> Drogba). Ivory Coast have a great team, but on
> every position Holland have a better player.
> On the day a draw would have been a fair result,
> but I guess the most experienced team won.

The Netherlands have a really young team; a lot of them have never played a WC or EC. They're not at all experieced in that way.

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: June 17, 2006 12:11

Ah, the first WC thread? I'd expected one after Sweden - T&T already...

What happened in the Dutch '16'-box was just what professional soccer is about: it is al one the edge of what is allowed, and as long as it's only the camera's who whitness a foul, who cares? It happenes on both sides all the time. They COULD have given a penalty, but the could also have judged off-side better in the first half, then it would have been 3-1 after 45 minutes. What would have happened then? Its all in the game.

Ivory Coast only deserved to win, if they had not played as naïve as they did. You cannot blame the Dutch that Ivory Coast didn't score more goals.
Now we have three 'favorites', England, Germany & the Netherlands through to the second round: all without having played a single game that was good/very good. There are only three teams who have played perfect games: Argentina, the Chech, and Spain. All the other favorites, Italy, Brazil, the three mentioned above sucked big time at least half of the time. That's the way these first matches are played.

The fun part is still to come.

Jelle

Date: June 17, 2006 12:14

Amen to that.

Date: June 17, 2006 13:32

Reptile Wrote:

>
> The Netherlands have a really young team; a lot of
> them have never played a WC or EC. They're not at
> all experieced in that way.

Van der Sar, Van Bommel, Van Nistelrooy, Robben, Van Persie, Van Bronckhorst all play an important match twice a week in the greatest competitions.
Than there's also Cocu, he once did that too and with his 35 he seen it all.
Inexperienced defence, that's true. But a veteran goalie.

You can't say Robben is inexperienced because he never played a WC.

"all without having played a single game that was good/very good."

==> that's the key in the group stages: Playing poor and win. Get the good form in the later stages. Don't peak too soon.

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: June 17, 2006 13:33

Seems like Holland had payed the referee to ignore IC penalties....

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: June 17, 2006 13:46

Ivory was very good....Holland made faults Ivory scored..but Holland understanda the art of defending...finnaly!!!Good match.In the pool of death.

Posted by: Hurriganes ()
Date: June 17, 2006 17:53

sluissie Wrote:
> There are only three teams who have played perfect games: Argentina, the Chech, and Spain. All the other favorites, Italy, Brazil, England, Germany, Netherlands...

Have to agree with those 3. To favourites also France. Their starter was a catastrophy, but they can be "Italy-82" and start scoring in the crucial games.

Posted by: SeNdEr ()
Date: June 17, 2006 21:02

Holland played very bad, the best was Argentina at this time...England very poor, the same goes for Germany...USA they should play basketball.

Date: June 17, 2006 21:06

Strange how after every match the Netherlands play everyone says they were crap, and they just won by luck. But they've won almost every game they've played in the last year or so.

Posted by: Hurriganes ()
Date: June 17, 2006 21:27

Hurriganes Wrote:
> ...the Chech

Upgrade after the match against Ghana:

Cech has been perfect in both games - not the Chech

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: June 17, 2006 22:32

If the ref had made such decisions against Italy or Germany as there were in this game, there would have have been a great scandal, the Ivory Coast players were good sportsmen and didnt make a big fuss. Holland are a good team and played well, its not their fault the referee was a criminal, with the stories about Italian football recently ,this game really made me wonder??????????

The World Cup is wonderful,the game between Ghana and Czech Republic was awesome. Nedved is heaven on legs and Ghana were inspiration, just great.Now USA are playing well against Italy ...............

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 18, 2006 00:36

This has been a great WC so far with some really exciting games.

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: June 18, 2006 02:03

shame on the dutch.. there were clear instances of diving by the dutch.. and they did not get called by the ref for holding in the box.. can't blame them for not getting called... but the diving was pathetic... and they showed a few instances of this behavior on replay....

i lost a lot of respect for holland yesterday...

they are nothing like the great 70s teams or even the team from 98.. i don't expect them to go anywhere

may argentina crush them in the next game

Date: June 18, 2006 10:07

There was an important moment in the match.

Robben was in the penatly area and for some reason smacked to the grass. The ref said he faked it, and gave him a yellow card. But, if you look closely, it wasn't faked. He was actually pushed down.

They're thinking about complaining at the FIFA officials. You can get the yellow card off if you have hard evidence. It costs 5000 euro's. Not sure if they'll do it.

I understand the ref.. Robben has a history of diving down for anything. But this time it wasn't faked. But he built up such a reputation.. it's kind of his own fault..

Date: June 18, 2006 10:27

Reptile Wrote:

> They're thinking about complaining at the FIFA
> officials. You can get the yellow card off if you
> have hard evidence. It costs 5000 euro's. Not sure
> if they'll do it.

A Hugo Borst fan, are you?

I think it wouldn't be the best thing to do. If he stays on his one yellow card in these group stages there's nothing to worry about. Once the knock-out stages begin all players with one yellow card can start all over again with no cards behind their names.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-18 10:27 by BowieStone.

Date: June 18, 2006 10:28

Hehe, yeah Hugo is quite cool actually. Don't you agree?

I don't think they should do it either. Completely useless.

Date: June 18, 2006 10:33

Yeah, Hugo rules. Especially the one time in 'Studio Voetbal' where he was arguing with Arie Haan: brilliant television.
With a lack of good football-shows in Belgium I always watch NOS. Jack Van Gelder, Hugo Borst, Mulder... great guys to watch.

Horrible World Cup coverage in Belgium. Absolutely horrible.

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: June 18, 2006 12:24

There's a real problem with referees in this WC.

in its match against Netherlands, there could have been two penalties for Ivory Coast.

It's fortunate for Netherlands but unfair for Ivory Coast

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: June 18, 2006 13:45

Allright Stonefan! Now it is already two penalties missed???!!! I think that the colour of your glasses is very very eeeh... one kind of orange. One occasion could, and maybe should have been a penalty, but there also was an offside judged wrong in the first halve, that could have given the Dutch a third goal. And on both sides there was another 'maybe' penalty. So it is even, on referee-mistakes.

Stoned in dc: the Dutch is trying to loose the naïvety which keeps them from getting through to the final. It is called growing up, which in all cases causes a feeling of loss to the close attenders. (Hm... is this clear? Don't know how to explain, but I'n sure you'll understand.)
And you don't have to ga back to 74/78/98, just think of Netherlands-Chech rep, Euro 2004... Briliant, best match of the tournament, from both sides.

Reptile: you are right, usually it is too negative, but this time I was really worried about the chaos in the midfield. We just couldn't keep the ball in the team, which caused a lot of trouble, and a very high frequency of attacks from IC.

But we are through, hope the Dutch can give Stoned in DC some pleasure in the coming games.

Jelle

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2109
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home