Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
I NEED HELP - SERIOUSLY.
Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: June 16, 2006 16:47

First - I'm so happy and proud - I could scream! I've just landed a deal to deliver the furniture and interior design to the Rolling Stones' lounges in Bergen, Norway on Sept 1st.... Have to pinch my arm! And yes, I'm awake.
(BTW - The company name is SKEIDAR - which is ancient Norwegian for...Wild Horses batteling in a field)

However - I need some qualified advise on this matter: Does anyone know which home interior style/styles our boys like? I'd like to make things a little homey. Since they're so much away from home - for us guys.
So - should I go for Danish minimalism, high quality architectorial furniture? Or bigger, softer, maximalism? Black, white, beige, brown, red, green / lime/ orange? Moroccan - with carpets and cousheons? Scarves over lamps I know about...
Please guys - give me a hint. I want to give them a perfect atmosphere to relax in before the show. (Pool table I know about)
I will also try to make them sign some of the stuff - like a sofa - that I'd like to put up for charity auction - SOS Children's Villages in Zambia. A project for kids who have lost both parents to AIDS.

In advance - thank you for your help!

Re: I NEED HELP - SERIOUSLY.
Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: June 16, 2006 16:51

actually, a "snookers" table is what they want, not a pool table. There's a difference, right?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 16, 2006 16:53

Ha, good luck Shidoobee!

Date: June 16, 2006 16:56

Snooker, pool - whatever - they'll get it. But I'm really glad the rest of the raider won't be my responsability... I'm not serving any of them alcohol. Fruit juices, cranberry, Evian and stuff - fine. But their livers need some rest.

Date: June 16, 2006 17:00

That sounds like a dream come true, shidoobee, have fun. As for the questions you asked, I have no freaking clue.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: June 16, 2006 17:01

First, congratulation shidoobee...it sounds like a great project!

Based on a glimpse of Mick's townhouse in London and his estate in France on the show Being Mick, photos of his place in Mystique, photos of Keith's house in Connecticut, the way Charlie dresses, and the hotels in which they choose to stay, it seems safe to assume they have classic taste. I would stay away from minimalist, architectural furniture and gravitate to an eclectic mix of European styles...French, Biedermier, maybe even a Sweedish Deco piece or two. Also, I am fairly certain they all appreciate tasteful bits of color as accents. Just check out their rehearsal space in the Four Flicks documentary.

Good luck and, please, take pictures!!!

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: June 16, 2006 17:07

As a student architecture I have developed the opinion: minimalism is for pictures, not for people...

But Scandinavians are known for the ability to create minimal architecture, without the coldness that usually goes with minimalism.

I don't know anything about the boys and there style of living, but as long as the purpose is to create something nice for real people, I suppose that comfort is written with a capital C.

Very nice assignment you've got!

Good luck!

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: June 16, 2006 17:10

congratulations and good luck

Posted by: Rosto ()

That's really great shidoobee, almost makes me a bit jealous..
And it's another explanation for the ever increasing ticket price!

Let it rock!

Date: June 16, 2006 17:11

This is helpfull! Thanks. But we don't have Swedish deco pieces... Le Corbusier I can deliver - all that stuff. I'll just go watch Being Mick and the Four Flicks Rehearsals on DVD. Sounds like a perfect night to me. (The world cup - boring, disappointing this year!)

I'll take pictures - but can't guarantee the Stones will be in them. But I'd love to show you guys the lounges afterwards. I'll mail them to Bjørnulf.
BTW, I've just furnished lounges for Roger Waters and Lou Reed. I didn't like Waters' comments about the Stones - so I installed a really low, very minimalistic sofa, better to look at than to sit in, in his wardrobe... Am I an evil woman? Well, he could have kept quiet regarding the comments about our lads. Yes, he did have problems getting up from the sofa... Just like I intended. You don't f**k with the Stones!

Re: serious help :E
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 16, 2006 17:15

way cool, Shidoobee - congratulations!
you're doing one room for each Stone? plus a "communal" room? or ... ?
my impressions are pretty different from InOpenG's actually, so isn't that interesting -
i seem to notice a lot of Asian and African touches in their spaces.
and guitarists crave seating without armrests so they can play.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Date: June 16, 2006 17:16

Posted by: Rosto (IP Logged)
Rosto wrote:

That's really great shidoobee, almost makes me a bit jealous..
And it's another explanation for the ever increasing ticket price!
Dear Rosto - We're doing it for free! Because I think it's one way of saying - thank you guys! And for me, it's the best thing I could ever get on my CV. If it's good advertising? Probably. But we're not running to the papers with this story. Only telling you, IORR-friends - because we share a passion. OK?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 16, 2006 17:18

Very cool shidoobee!
Congratulations!

Posted by: stonesfan70 ()
Date: June 16, 2006 17:25

I don't recall Roger Waters saying anything derogatory about the Stones. That was David Gilmour. Two entirely different people who obviously don't agree on much. Roger seems okay to me.

shidoobee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> BTW, I've just furnished lounges for Roger Waters
> and Lou Reed. I didn't like Waters' comments about
> the Stones - so I installed a really low, very
> minimalistic sofa, better to look at than to sit
> in, in his wardrobe... Am I an evil woman? Well,
> he could have kept quiet regarding the comments
> about our lads. Yes, he did have problems getting
> up from the sofa... Just like I intended. You
> don't f**k with the Stones!

Date: June 16, 2006 17:27

withsssoul wrote:

"you're doing one room for each Stone? plus a "communal" room? or ... ?
my impressions are pretty different from InOpenG's actually, so isn't that interesting -
i seem to notice a lot of Asian and African touches in their spaces. "

I'm going to have all details by next weekend. I guess, one room for each of them - or one for Keith and Ronnie together, and singles for the others - plus one big room for EVERYONE.
Yeah, I heard talk of African (Moroccan?) and Asien (Indian?) inspiration. But that's Keith - I guess. Maybe Patti did the decoration in Connecticut? I kind of like the Moroccan style. We'll see! Thanks everyone.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 16, 2006 17:35

I'd excess the Carribean touch for Keith,
but not to put too much into the coconut palmtree thing...

Posted by: browneyedgirl ()
Date: June 16, 2006 17:56

That is so cool, shidoobee! Congratulations! I have a number of photos of Keith's various homes over the years that might give you some ideas. E-mail me if you would like me to send you some photos.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-16 18:35 by browneyedgirl.

Date: June 16, 2006 18:13

shidoobee Wrote:
Am I an evil woman?

Yes...you behaved in an evil and vindictive manner....grow up, please.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-16 18:17 by Lukester.

Date: June 16, 2006 18:23

Grow up, huh? Out of the question. I'd be so bored. Grown ups don't go on tour to see the Stones. They're bitter and in debt and at home, looking after their kids and grand kids. Sorry, pal! That's not for me. Even though I just love kids.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: June 16, 2006 18:26

Agreed on the Asian and African touches but, unless my memory is is slowing with my age, the actual furniture pieces tend to be classicsmiling smiley

Date: June 16, 2006 18:27

yeah, but grown ups don't go out of our way to hurt other people...like you tried to do with sunnybandyo, and like you tried to do with the jerk who started that phony thread about Paul McCartney, and now like you did to a totally innocent Roger Waters. Who the fruck died and appointed you police of the world????

Date: June 16, 2006 18:39

Ooops Lukester - that's not police work. The latter was done/said tongue in cheek - irony. The sofa was really cool. Thing was: I'd no idea he preferred sofas of a different type... More in the recliner-style. He got a great looking sofa. So I joked a bit.
The other two - the sunnybanddyo kid - had a really "off off theme" thread - rmoved by Bjornulf. And the person (jerk?) who startet the phony McCartney thread had to be but in place. It's not acceptable to try to tear down the credibility of this site.
Have you had a bad day, Lukester? You sure sound... angry, bitter, disappointed. But remember - if you wanna change that - make an effort. Bitterness is sad, but there's a lot of things you can do about it. Like change the attitude - try to make the best of it. And you wrote:

"That sounds like a dream come true, shidoobee, have fun. As for the questions you asked, I have no freaking clue."

Thanks - that was actually all I needed from you, Sir. Good evening.

Posted by: Rosto ()
Date: June 16, 2006 18:49

shidoobee Wrote:
> We're doing it for free! Because I
> think it's one way of saying - thank you guys! And
> for me, it's the best thing I could ever get on my
> CV. If it's good advertising? Probably. But we're
> not running to the papers with this story. Only
> telling you, IORR-friends - because we share a
> passion. OK?

Good to hear! Hats off to you and indeed the best thing for your CV. Can we get some pictures if you're finished?

Let it rock!

Posted by: MegaWatts ()
Date: June 16, 2006 18:55

check this: [www.thesmokinggun.com]
detailed rider for bigger bang tour.congrats and good luck!

Date: June 16, 2006 18:57

Shidoobee:
sunnybandyo started a thread which was quite amusing in my opinion. It was about beautiful women....then you jumped all over him, and said something to the effect of, "he's not going to do that on iorr."...when in fact our potted shrimp had done an identical thread months ago that was very popular. I repiled to you to "please" ignore it if it bothers you and I think you replied, "someone has to put him in his place."

as for your comment about the McCartney dude who you said "had to be put in his place," my reply is, "says who?" You went way out of your way to try to contact McCartney's assistant so that McCartney could sue this guy? That seems a little obsessive to me, shidoobee.

and as for Roger Waters, was that a joke? If so I apologize for jumping on you, but I didn't think it was very funny. It looked to me as though you were once again putting someone in their place, according to your idea of where that place should be.

as for me having a bad day, shidoobee, thanks for your advice. That really is very kind of you, perhaps I am having a day slightly less than my usual wonderful day. I apologize for bringing more negative vibes to your otherwise positive thread. Obviously, I am bothered by your need to put people in their place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-16 19:13 by Lukester.

Date: June 16, 2006 19:10

They've actually been put in their place by someone else... Threads have been removed. I hope your day improves! Seriously.

Date: June 16, 2006 19:17

good luck with your project, shidoobee.

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: June 16, 2006 19:21

Lukester - I'm sure you don't mind me hijacking this thread. Is Boone in the western part of NC where the earthquakes were last night/this morning?

Date: June 16, 2006 19:37

whoa...WMiller, it's always nice to hear from you. I remember we last talked about some junior high school banter, remember?

Boone is in western NC, but I don't think we had any seismic activity recently. I suspect the area you are referring to was in the far western tip of the state which is southwest of Boone. They have had seismic activity there in the last 12 months or so. I didn't read about anything this morning or last night. Thanks for asking.

Posted by: keefstheman ()
Date: June 16, 2006 19:45

Sounds like great gig. One piece of advise for you if you don't mind. I wouldn't try to MAKE any of them sign anything. Try asking if they'd be so kind............

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2001
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home