Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
The Stones are about to ruin their fanbase here in Europe
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 3, 2006 11:40

a) All we get from keith is a lousy "statement" which says
"I fell, ouch, on with the show". This is one of his poorest
statements he ever made. The least thing I can expect is a mature
statement by a 62- year old guy who had a life threatening
experience by his own fault and (simultaeneously) ruining 10s of
thousands people´s plans. Something personal, heartfelt, on video
or personal mail. 2 sentences (maybe not written by himself)
in a press release just suck. I´m gonna close my ears when he will
mumble these funny sentences before his set.

b) Once again: To postpone 10 shows (some sold out!) to an
unknown date (maybe 2007) is a slap in the face of the south and
eastern European fans. Instead they are (as it seems) gonna embark on ANOTHER
tour of the US, grabbing again big bucks on a market that was already
played. So leaving 300.000 + fans in Europe behind while going back
to the States is tasteless. U.S. fans are happy, sure, and they easily
are willing to pay $ 300 for a seat. But do they really understand that Europe
HAS to be first? Isn´t it more shelfish to wanting to see them again than those
European fans (including me) who DARE to complain about a ruined summer tour and lost flights etc?
But believe me, the Stones are losing a lot of their most faithfiull fans here.
Some fans lost all their shows here...and instead of getting them in september or October
the band leaves them behind. It speaks for itself.

c)I know what most of you want to answer: Great that he is back, you
moaner, Keith comes first, he doesn´t owe YOU anything blah blah blah.
I think he owes US more than he knows...and it´s time for him to realise
it.

Re: The Stones are about to ruin their fanbase here in Europe
Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: June 3, 2006 11:44

i think there's wisdom in that, too tough. and if this is a multiple choice test, i would agree with part A the most.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 3, 2006 12:00

yes i think it is about time he shows his pretty face and mumble something directly to us. for the rest, let's see what happens with the rest of the postponed dates before judge. Rolling Stons is an american market based band since 1969 so..

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 3, 2006 12:08

They won't ruin their fan base in Europe.
Some folks are very annoyed, which is fine. They have a right to be.
But being annoyed with a situation doesn't necessarily have to mean that somebody has to be to blame for it.

How many more times are we going to have this argument.
We've had a month of it ! Enough ;^) .

Stones tickets are expensive [too expensive for some of us... but not so expensive as to stop others from following the band around a continent for two freakin' months ! ] but the fact that economics and business dictate the plans and logistics of a major touring band is just that...a fact.

Folks who are missing out because of recent events deserve to be in out thoughts and it's unfortunate...but they have a choice.
One option is to stop being a fan and spend your ticket refund money on something else.

[I do agree that the Stones organisation could have chosen some of it's words more wisely and made more sympathetic noises...but they'd have been simply that, noises. I don't think they could have DONE anything much differently.]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-03 17:23 by Spud.

Date: June 3, 2006 12:19

No one can stop being a fan. Once a Stones fan, forever a Stones fan.
But this time even diehard fans (who I know) are angry about Keith and
the band and they feel treated like shit. That´s a fact. So something
is wrong in Stonesland.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: June 3, 2006 12:33

a) Maybe they were committed to arena shows in The US before Keith injury and surgery. To cancel these might be as everything seems to be OK, quite impossible vis à vis the insurance companies. Also, they have to deal with those tremendous logistics issues ( 380 people on the road is not an easy matter to manage....).
b) It might also be needed to have Keith do a break after 20 or more shows.
c) September is overcrowded in terms of stadium occupancy and planning.
d) When new announcement will be made, relief will come if needed for the audience not currently satisfied.

Posted by: jseb ()
Date: June 3, 2006 12:34

i'm really disappointed, but i'll never stop being a stones fan..

just hope they'll do the postoned shows in september.

Brussels, ? , Stade Roi Baudouin

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: June 3, 2006 12:54

What's all the fuzz about? It's just typical Keith saying those words. I can appreciate them. It was just an accident, what do you want him more to say?
Gee, Keith is not really a talker to the public, pretty shy guy he is on stage in front of all those people.

No, I just had to laugh about his words, because I know he is just like that. Not too difficult, but relaxed.

It's enough. Those things just happen. I am more surprised about the fact Keith or any Stones member is still alive. Anything can happen to those guys just like any other person on this planet.

Of course it's dissappointing some shows being postponed, but hey, life ain't over!!

Relax, enjoy, be thankfull Keith ain't dead yet!

Posted by: KeithDaMan ()
Date: June 3, 2006 13:36

We get the opportunity to see the stones in 2006, back in the US for a Winter tour and back in Europe in 2007. I am not complaining.

I @#$%&' LOVE IT !

(I do have brussels tickets btw)

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 3, 2006 13:43

And the alternative to postponing or cancelling these shows would be???

Bjornulf

Date: June 3, 2006 13:57

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And the alternative to postponing or cancelling
> these shows would be???
>
> Bjornulf

Er, playing them?

Posted by: john r ()
Date: June 3, 2006 14:40

As already suggested, a few US shows might have been booked before Keith's injury - certainly the rumors of US dates this fall preceded the accident...I'd feel acute withdrawal if this type of incident occurred after I bought tickets, stoked my enthusiasm, only to have the show(s) cancelled, or even as they say postponed since it's hardly clear if and when the latter dates will be rescheduled...but the vibe seems to be that KR DID this to Europe, like he procured a doctor's note to get out of phys ed/gym class...The referances to $500 tickets is always somewhat off putting to me, usually they come from anti-Stones media stories focusing on age cynicism and greed ("Ringo says Stones have no shame"), and neither I nor anyone who went to shows with me in the US ever spent anything close to $500 - $160 is more like it, for good seats too, and last weekend the Red Hot C. Peppers tickets just cost me $150...Ain't like the old days, and I can't go to more than 3, 4 (5 if they return) shows per tour...

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 3, 2006 14:44

TooTough Wrote:
> Er, playing them?

All venues aren't available in September.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 3, 2006 14:48

I can understand your frustration Too Tough, but you are not the only one affected. I have lost money on non-refundable flights and so on. But after what happend, I think they have done the best out of the situation. At least they postpone most of the shows, so they can complete a started work - like they always do. Having said that, I will be a bit dissapointed if they choose to play US in september instead of Europe, but no one knows yet.

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: June 3, 2006 15:02

Well,I mostly agree with you Too Tough.It really annoys me to see all the concerts in my part of Europe postponed.Now I have no opportunity to see them in concert this summer.(Well I'll be in London during their two shows there,but unfortunatly I don't think I'll be able to make it to one of them)

Still,I hope we will get new dates for these postponed shows and if that happens I am willing to wait for one more year to see one of my favourite bands.

Otherwise,I'll just burn all of their cds.It will be hard to listen to them knowing that I have never seen them in concert.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 3, 2006 15:05

i think you need a beer and a spliff TooTough

i've been inconvenienced by the Barcelona cancellation/postponement myself. but i haven't got my knickers in a twist over it

shit happens

i have more important things to worry about than a missed gig and a few quid lost in the process (and a mugging)

there are no guarantees with rock n roll

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 3, 2006 15:17

I'm not with the complainers; but still it is a
kind of philosophical issue if you want a heavy global-warming type
rain in a summery Göteborg, or a possibly lighter pouring in September... ?

Posted by: salar ()
Date: June 3, 2006 15:26

erikjjf Wrote:
> TooTough Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Er, playing them?
>
> All venues aren't available in September.

who says so...it seems that it was planned from the beginning to keep september free for another US leg....when you say, they have to go tho the US because of the contracts which were signed..I say: what about the contracts of the european gigs..
In fact the Stones treat their europe fan base very bad, without any respect.
To those of you saying keith does not owe the fans anything , I answer keith owes them( the fans) evrything cause without me, without you, without us, the fans, their would be no Keith, and no Stones..simple as that.

I totaly agree to TOO TOUGHS opinion...
I call myself a diehard Stones fan, too..have spend 25 years following them around..have gone to more than 30 live gigs...have spent thousands of euros in supporting them..I was like a mother, defending her children..noone had the right, to critisize my beloved Stones...

but it seems, that the Stones camp has totaly lost the connection to their fan base..they just don`t care...evry and each decision depends on " MONEY...
But the point is...it should not have to be like that..they still would make enough profit, by thinking of their fans in a better way than they do now.

Leaving out 10 gigs....and going back to the US instead....is a scandal IMO.
This tour is about money only..
they promissed to play arenas,stadiums & theaters in the pressconferenz...but they play stadiums only...arenas just in the US..because they can charge more money then...They do the superbowl..cause they got a super contract with the football league.
they go to china...and play to the rich a set of 18 songs....and so on and so on
all in all....my enthusiasm to this band has been cooled down just by following the news from the Stones camp the last 10 months...I mean, I knew money is the main power...but should it be so clear...its like spitting in our face by saying:

"You..the fan..you are nothing....if you can not effort us...just stop being a fan..if you do not agree..just stop being a fan."

Well..once the day will come...and there will be no fans at all..except those rich guys from the shidoobee section, who are following the Stones like slaves..like rich slaves at least.

Oh yes..I am pissed man..and I am angry cause I lost 3 of my 4 gigs...
but I will calm down within the next days and I will again start to follow my band...but how long will it be like that ?

Cuonthetour..

salar

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: June 3, 2006 15:57

It is a lot easier and cheaper to get around Europe by train than the US by plane. Just go to a different city. You should be happy Keef didn't break his neck. Quit your whining and deal with it. Shithappens.

Re: The Rolling Stones
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 3, 2006 15:58

breaking news: the Rolling Stones have been pissing people off every which way for 43+ years now,
and they are real masters at it. (i thought i was immune too, and then they came up with Angie. :E
i got over it. in fact the whole experience was highly salutary.)

are you guys who are still bitching about this real sure that gnashing your teeth over it this way - over and over and over -
feels better than just moving on? it's a done deal - you don't like it - we know that already.

sorry you are feeling so put-upon - does that help?
... didn't think so.
can we go on to the next bits now?

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: TooMuchAlcohol ()
Date: June 3, 2006 16:03

I had (and still have) two tickets for Barcelona. Sure I wanted to see The Stones while I was there, but it wasn't end of the world for me. Barcelona is great city to visit (not to mention other great places around the Catalonia).

I am sure I will the refund for my tickets (because one nice person).

So I have nothing to complain... except I am really pissed off because all of those peoples who are not so good position as myself. I cannot call that it is so cool, or so "rock'n roll" to fell down from the coconut tree middle of the tour. It is just ridiculous. It is unprofessional.

I agree totally TooTough and Salar.

I have loved Stones over 35 years now... I guess I will continue to love them, but I cannot help myself thinking that Keith has lost lots of his "coolnest".

Some of you said like "there are no guarantees with rock n roll". Well to me it is sound like 100% clichee.

I will be at Paris end of the July (when Stones has Concert in there unless Keith does something stupid again), but I am not so sure if will go to see them. Maybe I try to get tickets, maybe I won't bother. I am not so sure that this is anymore the band I loved 35 years.

For those who like to say to me that I am not the real fan: well, I guess I am not. I am not wearing underwears with Mick face on them or something other as stupid as that. I just liked their music.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 3, 2006 16:57

Seems some people really have nothing very serious in life to moan about. If they had, they might realize just how pathetic it is to complain endlessly about something which is not really any big deal. NOTHING is going to change so MOVE ON!

Date: June 3, 2006 17:33

TooTough Wrote:
> a) All we get from keith is a lousy "statement"
> which says
> "I fell, ouch, on with the show". This is one of
> his poorest
> statements he ever made. The least thing I can
> expect is a mature
> statement by a 62- year old guy who had a life
> threatening
> experience by his own fault and (simultaeneously)
> ruining 10s of
> thousands people´s plans. Something personal,
> heartfelt, on video
> or personal mail. 2 sentences (maybe not written
> by himself)
> in a press release just suck. I´m gonna close my
> ears when he will
> mumble these funny sentences before his set.
>
> b) Once again: To postpone 10 shows (some sold
> out!) to an
> unknown date (maybe 2007) is a slap in the face of
> the south and
> eastern European fans. Instead they are (as it
> seems) gonna embark on ANOTHER
> tour of the US, grabbing again big bucks on a
> market that was already
> played. So leaving 300.000 + fans in Europe behind
> while going back
> to the States is tasteless. U.S. fans are happy,
> sure, and they easily
> are willing to pay $ 300 for a seat. But do they
> really understand that Europe
> HAS to be first? Isn´t it more shelfish to wanting
> to see them again than those
> European fans (including me) who DARE to complain
> about a ruined summer tour and lost flights etc?
> But believe me, the Stones are losing a lot of
> their most faithfiull fans here.
> Some fans lost all their shows here...and instead
> of getting them in september or October
> the band leaves them behind. It speaks for
> itself.
>
> c)I know what most of you want to answer: Great
> that he is back, you
> moaner, Keith comes first, he doesn´t owe YOU
> anything blah blah blah.
> I think he owes US more than he knows...and it´s
> time for him to realise
> it.
>
> --------------------------------------------------
> --------
>

What are you talking about?Everybody cried like school girls that he had not personally made a comment & now he made one,+ he even apologized for an ACCIDENT and causing people inconvenience with their plans.What else can he say?All shows are free from this day foward?Come on.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 3, 2006 17:33

A lot of UK fans were really pissed off when the stones postponed dates for whole year because the tax man was rubbing his hands !

Now that was a far more mercenary tactic than anything proposed as a solution for this tour's issues.

We moaned, sulked, stamped our feet... and then went to see them when they did turn up.
With hindsight, the extra months of anticipation actually made for greater enjoyment when the shows did go ahead...and the band nailed some very good shows that summer.

The best way the Stones themselves can do their bit is to come out refreshed and smokin' in Milan .

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: June 3, 2006 18:24

Get a life or take some Prozac already.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 3, 2006 18:29

Playing the shows where, when and how? Football season and colder weather start in September, making it impossible to do outdoor shows (if the venue is booked). Also they have already booked venues in North America, touring there late September and on, so they can't really play those shows. But the good news are they will be back next summer hopefully with a great extra European Tour 2007.

Bjornulf

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: June 3, 2006 18:31

I am really not a fan right now beacuse I feel cheated in many ways.If they are going to play America in September or October then they suck.If this happens please stop posting about how Stones don't do it for money but for pleasure.Bullshit man.Their pleasure comes when they make big dollars.That's why they are in the top names even 40 years later.They are good in marketing and in selling their product.I am so pissed off.
To see how they love money they have their tongue on strings.I know I am out of topic but beacuse all these happened beacuse of $$$ I am gonna tell how I feel.I know I am not Stones etc. but I would never let my symbol being on products of every kind.What a disgrace.I hope they had retired years ago not for making mediocore albums these days but beacuse when someone says Rolling Stones means a company and not a group.Come on boys transfer the dates in 2007 and I will be out of here once and for all.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 3, 2006 18:40

As for Keith not issuing a better statement to the public, that's not going to happen. I don't think he's the kind of person to apologize for his actions. I think there's a certain level of self-centeredness that is required when one is a rock star, and I think Keith has it to an extent. Additionally, he was an only child, it has been said that he was a bit of a momma's boy growing up, so to me that means she doted on him. From what I know of him, he just doesn't seem like the type to beat himself up when he does something wrong.

I am not dissing or defending him on this, and you have a right to be mad if you want, i just think you're asking for something that you're not going to get.

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: June 3, 2006 18:52

They have not upset me as I am now actually possibly able to go to another concert because of the changes so all this may have worked in my favour.

Yes it will cost us extra £££ but what the heck.

As bv says they will be back 2007 and that is an added bonus as we will get a second bite at the cake just like the US.

Fingers crossed we can afford next year, pleanty of time to save though.

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: June 3, 2006 18:52

CindyC Wrote:

> I am not dissing or defending him on this, and you
> have a right to be mad if you want.

Agreed. But these guys have been beating this dead horse for over a month now - thread after thread about Keith being irresponsible, Mick being mad, and fans being thoroughly disillusioned. You would hope that they would have gotten over the loss of a few hundred bucks by now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-03 18:54 by Raoul Duke.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2089
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home