Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: New Tourdates
Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 2, 2006 23:38

At this stage I treat every show as the last one. A tour next summer like 1999 - small one with 3-4 weeks of shows, including Reykjavik and some other places they never played - would be great, but it is one year to go and time is clicking. We've got four aces but to get that in gambling you must be lucky. We have got a winning hand and I hope it is winning for as long time still.

Bjornulf

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: June 2, 2006 23:54

Possible scenario? :
Short autumn tour of the US,
Asian tour in the spring, including India etc,
and the postponed european dates next summer, with aded dates to make it work economically.

How´s that for a possible scenario?
I know, i would´nt complain....

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: June 3, 2006 00:00

Hope it is going to be announced soon enough, so I can by tickets.... both conserts and plane....

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: June 3, 2006 00:00

vilhelm,

the STONES don`t get younger !!
Like everybody they need holiday + + + but not your planing.

Therefore we should be pleased for every concert this year !!!!!!

Maybe it`s the last !

Grüsse
Gerhard

Posted by: only stones ()
Date: June 3, 2006 00:08

Milan opening night maibe for celebrate Italy winner of world soccer Cup(like 11 and 12/07/1982, Italy champion and stones in Turin)....
We hope in this double dream!
Sici

www.2120southmichiganavenueitaly.it

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 3, 2006 00:10

mickijaggeroo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Short autumn tour of the US,

Playing the overplayed US market first BEFORE serving
some hundreds of thousands customers (who alredy HAVE
their tickets for Russia, Sweden etc.) here in Europe
SUCKS BIG TIME. Shame on them if they do it. Most of
the postponements are absolutely unnecessary - it´s
their own greed that forces them to cancel / postpone
shows.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: June 3, 2006 00:11

satisfaction2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> vilhelm,
>
> the STONES don`t get younger !!
> Like everybody they need holiday + + + but not
> your planing.
>
> Therefore we should be pleased for every concert
> this year !!!!!!
>
> Maybe it`s the last !
>
> Grüsse
> Gerhard

I know, but with the above scenario, wich no one expected, they can easily schedule breaks. Of course it´s a matter of paying crew etc, but...

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: June 3, 2006 00:55

Believe me that I am very happy to hear that Keith is fine again, I know Stonesfans in Austria to whom I wish a great evening on July fourteenth! Unfourtunately I had tickets for Frankfurt the same night(oh what a stupid jerk), the Stones should play in Frankfurt later on. Nobody is perfect and nobody can forsee accidents, but I think that the Stones` behaviour towards their supporters has become very,very strange.

Date: June 3, 2006 04:22

Yes - very very strange in deed!

I am also VERY HAPPY that Keith will be in shape to perform soon.
I did really worry a lot about his health and the future of the Rolling Stones .....

BUT: the way this thing was handeled - and how they changed the dates is..........I cannot find words to describe it......................

I think it´s very diffficult to reschedule all the dates, but I have the very bad feeling, that money was the most concern the way they did the new schedule.......

why cancel Nuremberg and Leipzig???

I am personally concerned - and Frankfurt is still..."soon we will announce new dates".....I mean ....when is soon......I want to know.........

It´s not all about our money - I´ve got no money and still I managed to get my tickets, even if I cannot afford it - and now two concerts are cancelled and one (Frankfurt) is SOON to be announced .......I don´t mind the money if I loose it due to accidents that happen, but:

There might be other topics involved e.g. you do not get free time from work....or even more heavy: you start a new job, while beeing unemployed for a long time and you have to decide what´s more important - Stones or a new job...etc.....and you do not even know when they will reschedule the dates for sure.....I guess it´s personal fate.......but still I cannot cope with it........even if I´m thankfull that all turned out so well for Keith.......

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: June 3, 2006 04:48

For me everything comes to dollars.They could easily play the whole september don't you think?They play 12 shows in August.If they liked they could easily fit the whole tour in the summer.Why not play Barcelona,Greece etc. places that have great weather in September.
That's the bad thing when you love a band which plans things based on their love for money and not true emotions.If they tour USA in September instead of Europe then
I will pray everyday to have the worst ticket sales in USA ever.

Date: June 3, 2006 05:09

>>That's the bad thing when you love a band which plans things based on their love for money and not true emotions.If they tour USA in September instead of Europe then
I will pray everyday to have the worst ticket sales in USA ever.<<

They will not tour USA in September instead of Europe AND
it´s business anyway but that´s not based on the Stones decision

...but still - in the end........based on true emotions.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-03 05:16 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: June 3, 2006 05:28

i think they are coming to the US this fall! woo hoO!!!!!!!!!!!!

i can't wait...

the word was they were coming and as they are moving certain europe shows that are postponed or cancelled to 2007 that means its very likely they are coming to the US this falll

we love the stones in the US and since the 1970s this has been their home....their music is also from the US (chuck berry)... keith lives here....its much easier to play the US and sell it out than europe... makes sense they would come back here..

i do hope europeans get the stones back in 2007 .. it is too bad for them that keith's fall affected their dates...

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: June 3, 2006 05:38

I wouldn't say a thing if they played Europe till end of September.Think about it.If the started 2-3 days earliers and ended in end of September we would have 10 more dates for sure.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1312
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home