Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT - World Cup
Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: May 29, 2006 14:41

Who will win?, my toto prediction,Spain beat England in the final.

Brazil will lose to Italy in the quarter final

Re: OT - World Cup
Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: May 29, 2006 14:59

Serbia will be the greatest surprise.I think we can reach the semis.

Posted by: jseb ()
Date: May 29, 2006 16:11

i'd like to see netherlands versus england in final

Brussels, ? , Stade Roi Baudouin

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: May 29, 2006 16:17

Brazil will winn, I'm afraid.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 29, 2006 16:22

mr edward Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Brazil will winn, I'm afraid.

I'm afraid? They play the best football

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: May 29, 2006 16:29

Yeah, they sure do. But it kinda takes away the excitement, they're so much better then the others...

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: May 29, 2006 16:57

I hold my breath for Holland in the first round. Along with Argentine, Serbia-Montenegro and Ivory Coast they're in easily the strongest group, rightfully called the group of death. But if we get thru, everything is possible.

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: May 29, 2006 17:26

The Netherlands.. I don't know.. aside from the selection "errors", Van Nistelrooy isn't his old self (yet?), and you really need him to be in top shape. The problem is the Netherlands have a great team, with incredible wing players like Robben, but they miss out on a real striker that can put balls in the net when they get near him. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

My predictions? Brazil - Spain.. Brazil will win..

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 29, 2006 17:29

England. Last time they won was in 1966. Now it's 2006. So forty licks ago England won. And now it's time for it again.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: May 29, 2006 17:33

i'm from Poland but i don'r believe we will achive sth.

FINAL - ARGENTINA - BRAZIL 3:2

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: May 29, 2006 18:03

USA will win no doubt about it.....

England rests it's hopes on 20 year old Wayne Rooney........jolly joke!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 29, 2006 18:14

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
> England. Last time they won was in 1966. Now it's
> 2006. So forty licks ago England won. And now it's
> time for it again.

with Rooney injured and Owen nowhere near match fit, I cant see it

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: May 29, 2006 18:18

Well I'm American but the US won't realistically win so since my mom is German, I always root for them!! Ballack will lead them to the title!!!

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: May 29, 2006 18:26

brazil is more likely to win than anyone else..i mean come on! they got ronaldinho! robinho! adriano! ronaldo! kaka!.....germany has a good shot cause they are at home and it DOES make a huge difference..they will get a ton of strength from their crowd and lets face it germany always tends to deliver.. they tend to achieve to their maximum... did anyone think they would make the finals in 2002? of course not..... below them are Italy, England, France, Netherlands and Spain.... then below that there are a few teams that with a bit of luck, if they can put on a good run, have a chance....Argentina for example has the players to make a run (for example with an inspired riquelme)...

its hard to see how a any non-european team other than brazil could pull this off.. there has only been one case of a non-european team winning in europe..brazil in 1958...for whatever reason its a tough feat to accomplish..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-29 18:31 by stoned_in_dc.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 29, 2006 18:42

Don't under-appreciate the Netherland's

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: May 29, 2006 18:49

Final: Germany: Argentina

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: May 29, 2006 18:53

I have always dug the German team but even their own insiders don't seem to thrilled with this team.
Italy from what I understand is going through a monstrous scandal within their league. Juve (The NY Yankees of Italia) is in trouble. Will this mess with the azzurris head?
I watched the USA play Latvia yesterday in a warm-up match. To you Euros who have the creme de la creme over there this must seem like puppy chow, but I take it where I can get it. The USA calcio IMO still looks...wrong somehow. I can not even put my finger on it. years ago it was easy to see; they just didn't even know how to kick a damn ball.Beckenbauer, Chinaglia and Pele had to come and show them. But now they are up there at A level supposeldy. And STILL there is some fire missing.
It is something that comes from the adrenaline of knowing you are on ewveryone's TV screen at the moment LIVE. Every kid is watching you, wanting to be you. THAT is missing. In the USA kids do not play soccer on the streets. So no one cares if No 9 scores a beautiful rovesciata goal.
In Euro football when they score they KNOW the whole country just erupted!
Over here you see the same expression on their faces in the touchdown celebrations, or the slamdunks in the Basketball finals.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: May 29, 2006 19:17

in the US soccer is the number one sport for elementary/middle school kids ChelseaDrugstore.... most young kids play organized soccer...not in the streets but in parks....

its when kids get to high school that everything changes (particularly for boys) because of the pressure to play american football/basketball/hockey and even baseball

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: May 29, 2006 19:24

England and many other teams have as good a chance as eachother to win. But the winner needs a little bit of luck. So good luck to everyone.

Now my biased view. COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 29, 2006 20:44

I don't really follow much, but my random thoughts:

1. Brazil is incredibly talented up front; but offense doesn't always win in the world cup, correct?

2. I believe that Brazil does not always play well in Europe (vs. South America or a "neutral" pitch like the US or Japan), so one of the stronger European teams could easily end up with winner.

3. Ronaldinho may be the best player in the world, but in the looks department, he is right up there with Blondie Chaplin.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: May 29, 2006 20:53

Does the crowd ever chant Kaka's name?

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 29, 2006 21:19

ChelseaDrugstore Wrote:
> Does the crowd ever chant Kaka's name?

That's a good question. He's a heartthrob over there. Where does the term "ca-ca" meaning crap, come from?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 29, 2006 22:06

drbryant Wrote:
> I don't really follow much, but my random
> thoughts:
>
> 1. Brazil is incredibly talented up front; but
> offense doesn't always win in the world cup,
> correct?

quite correct, but theres an old cliche that attack is the best form of defence!
>
> 2. I believe that Brazil does not always play
> well in Europe (vs. South America or a "neutral"
> pitch like the US or Japan), so one of the
> stronger European teams could easily end up with
> winner.

also correct. Traditionally the winner comes from the same continent as where the tournament takes place. There have only been two exceptions - Sweden 1958 amd Japan/Korea 2002....the winner on each occasion was...er..Brazil!

>
> 3. Ronaldinho may be the best player in the
> world, but in the looks department, he is right up
> there with Blondie Chaplin.

True but fortunately for Brazil he plays football like Jimi hendrix played guitar!

Posted by: charlotte ()
Date: May 29, 2006 23:22

who has the best defense? Italy? if so they win
Brazil must be forced to play defense...a lot of defense

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: May 29, 2006 23:29

> 2. I believe that Brazil does not always play
> well in Europe (vs. South America or a "neutral"
> pitch like the US or Japan), so one of the
> stronger European teams could easily end up with
> winner.

This is a funny statement....Who the hell in So America will cheer for Brasil over the local team??? Surely not Argentina, Chile, Uruguay and on, and on..

Brasil won twice in North America and once each in Europe, So AMerica and in the Far East...

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 29, 2006 23:31

I'm actually quite worried about England now. Our B team (and for those who saw the match, it was a pretty strong team on paper!) couldn’t even beat Belarus, so I don't exactly have high hopes. As many journalists have predicted, I think we'll make the semis at best and the quarterfinals at worst.

As for who will reign victorious? I can’t see any team other than Brazil lifting the trophy. There are so many classy teams in this years tournament, Argentina, Italy, Holland, etc, but no team is as complete as the current cup holders.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: May 29, 2006 23:32

it will be a classic holland-germany, with penalties at the very end..

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 29, 2006 23:33

ChelseaDrugstore Wrote:
> In the USA kids do not play soccer on the streets.

Which is why the US will never be the World Champion in the near future. They miss smart street-wise players like Romario, Ronald(inh)o, etc.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: May 29, 2006 23:55

The fact of the matter has Keith actually in secret training to take Rooney's place on the home side. The head injury was faked so Keith could get in shape and play for England. What is true was Keith climbing trees to get fit for those long runs he was to make down the right side. Truth is stranger than fiction...

Posted by: herb ()
Date: May 30, 2006 01:04

It's a no-brainer. USA vs. Mexico in the final. Yanks win 3-1. You heard it here first. (Hey, we can dream, can't we!!)

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1524
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home