Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Hey, what we will do during the postponed 15 shows ?
Posted by: Pops ()
Date: May 25, 2006 00:51

Hello All

I'm not an usual contributor of this Fans Web Site (Thnak you B.V. for the accuracy for your info), just since Keith plays with coconuts...and all my plans falling down with him !

But I think I will be not the only one who has planned few of the 15 postponed concerts (from my side 5, Brussels, Paris, Brno, Vienna, Milano)...(And Nice, which is hopefully on later date, hope to meet all fans there, its in my "garden" !!! (lol) )

So, for those who have (like me) no possibility to postpone the fly, hotel, etc... I am thinking "What we will do in those cities without Keith, Mike, Charly, Ron...."

At least we can meet and have few drinks somewhere and cheers together wishing for Keith good and full recovery !!!

So I think it would be interesting to know if some are in the same situation and its why I open the thread... We can meet !

Get Well Keith !!! Nobody can be worry you are still alive and at home !!! that's the most important !

Re: Hey, what we will do during the postponed 15 shows ?
Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: May 25, 2006 02:37

You can catch games of the World Cup winking smiley

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: May 25, 2006 02:40

i'm in for drowning away our sorrows in paris!

Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: May 25, 2006 02:50

I have already cancelled 'Paris' but will not allow the delays to get me down.
Play 'Beggars Banquet/Let it Bleed/Sticky Fingers/London Years on CD and also watch ' 4 Flicks' DVD which is absolutely brilliant.
I realise that doing both cannot compare with the experience/atmosphere of listening/seeing the 'Stones' live in concert but it is the next best thing.

Posted by: Jed Clever ()
Date: May 25, 2006 02:58

Listen to "Dirty Work" over and over and over...

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: May 25, 2006 03:20

Pull out those early Mono LPs, singles, and refamiliarize yourselves with the Brian era, as it pretty obvious most of the folks have forgotten the golden years....jmho...gonna be a while before ANY shows...

JR

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 25, 2006 04:02

MT vs. Ronnie, Stones vs. Beatles, setlists. What else is there?

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: May 25, 2006 05:40

World cup guys.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 25, 2006 06:00

wasn't there a thread some time ago about what we would do with the 5 week break until Barcelona? I suggest we drag that back and update it as appropriate.

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: May 25, 2006 09:56

Read this board and laugh at all the people who keep bitching about stuff like Keith falling out of a tree and ruining their lives/summer. Come on people theirs more to life than the Stones......or is there?

NickB

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: May 25, 2006 10:27

i'm supposed to be flying to Barcelona today- i'm going
to have a cry, instead.

Date: May 25, 2006 10:46

Pops, what a question! I mean, if you are lucky enough to go to barcelona, Madrid, Paris, Brussels, Milana, Vienna, just enjoy the city. Did you ever heard about tourism, see sighting, history, museums, castles? There is one million things to do in each of those cities.

Re: Where Stones Fans Can Meet in the 15 Postponed Cities ?
Date: May 25, 2006 13:25

Hello DunHill, Nikkibong, Stones40, Jed Clever, Stone-Relics, Drbryant, Georgelicks, StonesTod, NickB, Adrian-L, JumpingJackFlash59.

Thanks all for repliying.

I did'nt want to post a duplicated thread Stone Tod, sorry for that (by the way I do not see the second one).

For NickB, I'm not complaining about Keith falling out a tree is ruinning my live/summer... I just tried to have some "Stones Fun" by meeting the ones, as me, who will be in Paris or Brussels or other cities, after having engaged their holidays, money, lot of times and energy to get the FOS tickets, etc etc...

JumpingJackFlash59, you are (again) perfectly right. But of course, I have already scheduled enough time for planning all those cities visit in same time than being in the relevant FOS Stadiums.

Thanks for the Funny replies ! DunHill, GeorgeLick, but unfortunatly, FootBall is not my Cup of Tea, even if it's a World Cup !

I just wanted to point out, for those who will be somewhere in the Postponed cities, that it could be fun to have a meeting...

So I re-formulate this thread "Where the Rolling Stones Fans can meet in the 15 Postponed Cities ?"

It would be very interesting to publish any information about Pubs, Clubs, etc with "Stones Thinkings" where we can meet in the PostPoned Cities on the Date/Time on the concert...

Just an Idea... It's Only Rock N' Roll.

@+Thierry

(Get Well Keith)

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 25, 2006 14:38

I hereby invite all connections here at roller-coaster rally
at Liseberg Amusement park (three high, fast & steep ones,
some one of the most scary in the world) early at opening
hours in Göteborg Saturday (11.00) at June 10, 2006.
After I reckon there will be some Love In at the Stones Vikings water-hole?

Posted by: keefed ()
Date: May 25, 2006 14:59

...I will be stoned all the time

Posted by: javier ()
Date: May 25, 2006 15:02

It´s better to think about football world cup if you like football. I don´t want to be pesimist, I am optimist with the Stones, when people said that each tour went to be the last tour, I never thought that. Even in the eighties, I was sure: the Stones will return to make tours if they are alive. But I have serious dudes now; if you think this, and if you see and search news about the Stones tour, the results that I find are: Keith Richards has a very bad health now, I think. At Auckland the doctors thought that he was well, but he was strong pains at his head, then doctors looked him carefully and they made him a Surgical operation. Now Keith is in US but... Where? the Stones know that million of people are expecting news, with tickets in our hands. If Keith is well now, Why there is not definitive dates of the tour? If Keith is not well, it´s logical to think that the Stones don´t want to say anything for now. At last, my opinion is that this is the end of the Stones. I want to be mistaken, my friends.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-25 15:05 by javier.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 1, 2006 00:24

[www.stonesvikings.com]

Gered Mankowitz exhibition with possible presence of M himself.
They we need to sign in if we're gonna be there (and we will...).
Göteborg June 10. Gött! Long for all the good geezers and gumbos
in Götteboooooooooorg....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-01 00:32 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: June 1, 2006 01:05

Don´t miss this opportunity if you´re coming to Gothenburg next weekend, june 10. The exhibition has got rave reviews, and I think it´s possible that we can get a closed viewing with the man himself.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-01 01:06 by mickijaggeroo.

Date: June 3, 2006 00:19

Hey what we will do in Paris tomorrow ?

After Brussels, now I am there in Paris...

@+Thierry

Posted by: ning ()
Date: June 3, 2006 00:25

I can't imagine many other loonies who decided on the Russian option, but how about a bit of cossack dancing on a bellyful of vodka, I can even see Keith turning up for that.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 3, 2006 00:30

Come to Australia and help me find the site in the bush where Mick wrote Brown Sugar...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: June 3, 2006 00:47

First

Germany wins WM 2006 world cup !

After this I take a look at

THE WHO in Bonn (July 11)

and after this

only STONES in Köln + ? + ?

Grüsse

Gerhard

Posted by: kait ()
Date: June 3, 2006 00:55

Who is M I K E ?????

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 3, 2006 02:14

Popps, if I could be in Paris, I would meet you and IORR's somewhere, believe me.

Javier, I think you might be a bit too pessimistic and yet I am not at all sure that they will tour again after Europe and possibly the states, and then more Europe, perhaps.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: June 3, 2006 02:18

mickijaggeroo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don´t miss this opportunity if you´re coming to
> Gothenburg next weekend, june 10. The exhibition
> has got rave reviews, and I think it´s possible
> that we can get a closed viewing with the man
> himself.
>
> Vilhelm
>
>
>
>
> Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/06 01:06 by
> mickijaggeroo.

In addition, Swedens best Stonescoverband will do an unplugged gig at noon on saturday the 10 at Gereds exhibition. Later in the evening they will do their usual show at www.jazzhuset.se
Just let me know if youre coming.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1468
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home