Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith was discharged from hospital
Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: May 2, 2006 08:52

Keith Richards Leaves New Zealand Hospital
[metromix.chicagotribune.com]
By Associated Press

WELLINGTON, New Zealand -- Keith Richards has been released from a New Zealand hospital where the Rolling Stones guitarist was admitted with a head injury after he reportedly fell out of a palm tree.

Richards, 62, suffered a mild concussion while on vacation in Fiji Thursday. Several Australian and New Zealand media outlets reported the fall from the tree.

New Zealand's Sunday Star-Times also reported that Richards got on a Jet Ski after the fall and had another accident.

Richards was treated in a Fiji hospital before being airlifted to Auckland's Ascot Hospital for observation. It was not immediately clear exactly when he was released or where he went afterward.

"I can categorically confirm Mr. Richards ... is no longer a patient in this hospital," hospital duty manager Geoff Sparks told The Associated Press on Tuesday. "He has been discharged.

Band spokeswoman Fran Curtis has said only that Richards was injured earlier this week and flown to New Zealand with his wife, Patti, for observation. Her statement Saturday did not comment on Richards' condition or how he was injured.

Richards and his wife were staying at the exclusive Wakaya Club resort on a small Fijian island when he was injured.

Re: Keith was discharged from hospital
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 2, 2006 09:49

thank you Triplelicks

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 2, 2006 09:51

Thank God.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: May 2, 2006 09:52

Thank TripleLicks and God!

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: May 2, 2006 10:28

Great news!

Keep on rollin, Keith!!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 2, 2006 10:37

Good news. Thanks.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 2, 2006 11:41

Great. Thanks
Let's rock

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 2, 2006 12:32

Yeah. Read this on German ZDF tv-text this morning.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: bar_room_queen ()
Date: May 2, 2006 14:39

my thoughts exactly, baboob bro.

thank god.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 2, 2006 14:46

bar_room_queen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
my thoughts exactly, baboob bro.

Hi BRQ,

I know this was a typo above, but it's cracking me up! If I ever need an alias, it's going to be "Baboob Sis"!!!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 2, 2006 14:50

Happy days

Posted by: Maximus84 ()
Date: May 2, 2006 14:54

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: RubyBTTuesday ()
Date: May 2, 2006 14:55

Love the pic!!!!!! IORR

Date: May 2, 2006 15:35

CindyC - i know! i just saw it, too late, as i clicked "post message"!

Rock on, Baboob Sis!!!

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: May 2, 2006 15:55

Gazza,

That's a hoot! Great picture!

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 2, 2006 15:59

Fantastic pic Gazza - thinking about priting it on a t-shirt!

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: May 2, 2006 16:04

Music News

Rolling Stones' Keith Richards slips out of New Zealand
May 2, 2006, 7:59 GMT
printer email RSS Talkback

Wellington - If Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards ever was in a New Zealand hospital after falling out of a palm tree while holidaying in Fiji, he slipped out of the country on Tuesday, according to a news report.

All reporters and photographers saw during a five-day stake-out at the Mercy-Ascot Hospital in Auckland, where the 62-year-old rocker was reported to have been taken on April 27 after a 3-1/2 hour mercy flight from Fiji, was someone carrying in three guitars.

Photographers and fans were there throughout, drawing scorn from at least one middle-aged woman reported by the New Zealand Herald who sniffed, 'If it was Elvis, I could understand it, but not that tired old codger.'

The hospital, where Richards was said to be receiving treatment for concussion, maintained a neither confirm nor deny policy, although the Herald said it had word that he had 27 security guards on his floor and four bodyguards in his room.

It said a fruit basket with 'Keith Richards' on it - but no coconuts - had been spotted being delivered and his wife, former fashion model Patti Hansen, was said to be at his bedside, but she never appeared with a medical report.

The drama ended when the TV3 network admitted in its main news bulletin Tuesday night that it had failed to get any pictures of Richards, and reported, 'He managed to give everyone the slip. This afternoon a spokesman confirmed he'd left the country.'

All fans were left with was Monday's report in Wellington's Dominion Post that Richards had fallen five metres from a tree at the exclusive Wakaya Club resort on a Fijian island after drinking vodka all day and rum at night with fellow Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood.

© 2006 dpa - Deutsche Presse-Agentur

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: May 2, 2006 16:24

Beelyboy Wrote:

Richards had fallen five metres from a tree at the exclusive
Wakaya Club resort on a Fijian island after
drinking vodka all day and rum at night with
fellow Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood.

so Ronnie's back on the sauce....that's got to be bad news for us fans, with tickets for the European leg of the tour.

Posted by: only stones ()
Date: May 2, 2006 17:00

Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord!

Posted by: keefkid ()
Date: May 2, 2006 17:03

so how come everyone alwasy worries about Ronnie drinking, but not keef??? i guess because Ronnie lets it roll over into his onstage performance?? but i have seen keith f up more than a few times on stage and also seen him pretty lit up on stage too... i have no idea if either him or Ronnie is an alcoholic or not, but i would lean towards the not, there is a big diff between someone who likes to drink too much once in awhile and an alcoholic...

i give keith a hell of alot of credit for being able to get up in that tree in the first place, we climbed for coconuts in the Bahamas before and it is TOUGH getting up in one of those trees...

Date: May 2, 2006 17:14

reported that he fell from 5 ft... so if thats the case, he's no Edmund Hilary

Date: May 2, 2006 17:33

you put da lime in da coconut and drink it all up

Date: May 2, 2006 17:41

nope...had to look that one up...

Sir Edmund Hillary

A visit with the world's greatest living adventurer

Posted Friday, Sept. 12, 2003; 8:31 a.m. EST
In 1953, Mount Everest was conquered, and the names of an Auckland bee farmer, Edmund Hillary, and his Sherpa climbing partner, Tenzing Norgay, joined those of Peary, Amundsen and Lindbergh atop the hill of 20th century adventuring giants. Of those five, only Hillary is alive; Tenzing died in India in 1986. Sir Edmund, 81, still lives in Auckland, where he resides with his second wife, the former June Mulgrew.

Since summiting on Everest, Sir Edmund has registered numerous other adventuring triumphs in Asia and Antarctica; has served as a diplomat for the New Zealand government; has become a revered figure in Nepal by leading efforts to build dozens of schools and hospitals; has experienced devastating loss when his first wife, Louise Mary Rose, and one of their two daughters died in a plane crash in the Himalayas in 1975; has shared his son Peter's elation when, on his fourth attempt, Peter conquered Everest in 1990; and has—with a certain degree of reluctance—seen his own persona evolve into that of a living legend.

If I needed confirmation of Sir Edmund's exalted status not only in the adventuring pantheon but in that of the world itself, it came when my taxi dropped me off in the driveway of the great man's comfortable home on Remuera Road. I reached into my pocket and peeled off a couple of bills to pay the fare. They were New Zealand five-dollar notes, and they bore the mountaineer's picture. I was going to interview New Zealand's Abe Lincoln.

Sir Edmund—his friends call him Ed—met me at the door; his wife was out. He is a large, strong man still, larger even than the sinewy climber who scaled the heights. His torso is thick. He has bushy eyebrows and a bushy head of salt-and-pepper hair, as untamed today as it was in all those pictures of him in the wilderness. He looms large, as befits a legend, but he is a gentle man. He invites me in and then, in his sun-soaked living room, gives me all the time I require. He is smart, direct, self-effacing—yet properly proud—just as he was on the occasion of his historic ascent. —Robert Sullivan

Date: May 2, 2006 17:47

if you want a coconut Keith... buy one from a shop or get someone a bit younger to climb up the tree for you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-02 17:49 by Adrian-L.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: May 2, 2006 17:57

Gazza - You should have made that picture with Keith falling, head-1st
down from that tree!!!!!!!!

MLC

Date: May 2, 2006 17:59

why???!!! i think it is cool he still has enough SPUNK to attempt something like that... i know its a bit crazeeeeeee, but that is keef...

it is nice to know he wont go down quitely....

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 2, 2006 18:02

keefkid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so how come everyone alwasy worries about Ronnie
> drinking, but not keef??? i guess because Ronnie
> lets it roll over into his onstage performance??
>

no, because unlike Ronnie, Keith hasnt been advised to give it up because its killing him and because Keith hasnt been in and out of rehab like a fúckin' yo-yo for the last 4 years

Date: May 2, 2006 18:05

who advised him of that, guess i am not up on the gossip rehab stuff...

so sorry....

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: May 2, 2006 18:07

>i have no idea if either him or Ronnie is an alcoholic or not, but i would lean >towards the not, there is a big diff between someone who likes to drink too much >once in awhile and an alcoholic...

They're both alcoholics - Ronnie has been in and out of treatment for the last few years and Keith pretty much took up drinking full-time when he kicked smack in the late '70s.

I just think that Keith is more functional than Ronnie. Except when it comes to, you know, tree climbing.

Date: May 2, 2006 18:09

yaa tree climbing...and jet skiing...

haaaaaa

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1694
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home