Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: IT'S OFFICIAL: JAGGER'S SURPRISING Plans after STONES END
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 27, 2006 17:29

Well, I hope Keith gets mad about Mick going astray, that he shoots loads of sequels with Johnny Depp on Pirates of the Caribbean, plus gets more attention with it.
I don't like sit-coms, and it won't get better if Mick is in 'em.
Pirate stuff is much cooler - hehe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-27 17:30 by open-g.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: April 27, 2006 17:30

You CANNOT do a typical STONES WORLD TOUR (that last over a year) and be one of the main stars in a TV sitcom.... You CAN do something with a definite end to it, like a part in a film but if a sitcom succeeds it can go on for years......

Re: MicksBrain is on hold ...
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 27, 2006 17:36

MicksBrain: pull yourself together, please! you're making things up -
and we all already know you are capable of making up way better stuff than this.
the article states that Mick is NOT going to play in the thing longterm.
it says nothing (0) about anyone cancelling any world tours.

Date: April 27, 2006 17:52

OK, OK, I calmed down....broke in next door and found these giant blue capsules....feel like i'm floatin'to the heavens...ahhhhhhhh......SO calm.......

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: April 27, 2006 17:57

MicksBrain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OK, OK, I calmed down....broke in next door and
> found these giant blue capsules....feel like i'm
> floatin'to the heavens...ahhhhhhhh......SO
> calm.......

happiness is a stocked medicine cabinet

Date: April 27, 2006 18:01

EXACT - A - MUNDO !!!! Smartest thing I've ever heard!!! Good one LK....

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: April 27, 2006 18:28

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Date: April 27, 2006 18:32

One symbol is worth a thousand words...

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 27, 2006 19:10

I heard that he would be'd be in the pilot, but only make a ocassional appearances IF the show survies, and thats a big IF.

the premise is very "being John Malcovich".

malcovich, malcovich ,malcovich malcocich, malcovich malcovich? malcovich malcovich malcovich.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-27 19:21 by ryanpow.

Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: April 27, 2006 19:55

MickBrain - I don't understand your logic. If they begin production of this TV series very soon, to get it on the air by fall, then Mick would be involved soon. He's on break from the tour until the end of May. Presumably he'd be available for filming while on break if production starts during this period.

The producers have already shown that they may be able to film some of his parts when he is NOT in Hollywood or where ever this sitcom is being filmed, since they filmed his pilot role in Australia. And, if they intend to portray Mick Jagger in his real life activities, they may want to film him in other parts of the world, since this is part of his real lifestyle. The Stones typically build in breaks during their active touring, usually a week at a time. So I'm assuming Mick could film during those breaks that occur during the European leg of ABB, and he could travel to the set if needed. Or, if that scenario doesn't work for the producers, do you believe that Mick is going to cancel the rest of the ABB tour that's confirmed from the end of May thru August (and possibly thru December) for a small part in a sitcom?

The production of these 24 episodes should wrap up in approximately January 2007. The Bigger Bang Tour will be done by then. Mick is not intended to be the target of the robbers after these 24 episodes. So the sitcom would not effect future albums or tours.

And remember, Mick Jagger has far more energy than the typical human being.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-27 20:01 by triplelicks.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: April 27, 2006 20:01

Micksbrain, you are certainly entitled to your opinion but it is JUST YOUR OPINION and to proclaim that you know more than ANY of us about what is in Mick's heart and head is presumptious, to say the least. We all would like to be positive about Mick WANTING To stay wit the Stones, and I sure do agree that $$$ is the bottom line, but many things have to line up perfectly for Mick to completely abandon the Stones to do a sitcom. Not to say it couldn't happen, but none of us know what he's planning. I also stress, Mick does what he wants to do and he is the architech of his destiny; if he WANTS to do both the Stones and acting, he will. As someone said, he has successfully done alot of side projects and never left the Stones. We'll have to wait and see.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: April 27, 2006 20:58

It's very silly to say this is Mick's plan for after the Stones end. In all likelihood, Mick's participation in the series is already finished. The odds are very against this pilot show becoming a series.

Every year, somewhere between 100-150 pilots are ordered by the 5 (used to be 6) major broadcast networks. Of these, roughly 1/3, or about 30-35 are ordered to become a series. The network usually orders 12 additional episodes to be filmed for a total of 13 episodes including the already filmed pilot.

The odds are highly against these 30-35 new series lasting anywhere beyond the ordered amount, with many series being cancelled after only a handful of broadcasts and then production is ceased prior to even the 12 ordered episodes. Every year there are shows cancelled after 1 broadcast. An example this season was a highly promoted series starring Heather Graham that was only shown once.

If this pilot is ordered to become a series, filming would start on it around July, if it is planned to be on the fall schedule. This would mean Mick would have to film his parts while the Stones are on tour in Europe. It if was ordered for a midseason debut in January they could film it during the fall while Mick is on tour in the U.S.

If this series makes it past its pilot episode, I highly doubt it will last more than 2 months on the air, if even that. Mick is well aware of that and hardly is planning his future behind this 1 tv series.

Date: April 27, 2006 21:20

The capsules are wearing off.....You guys,let me just be a bit more clear (could be my fault here for not mentioning everything on my mind). As a stand alone article I would not find it a very big deal, just another stupid Mick side project (like FREEJACK or the ENIGMA film)...BUT, when you mix in the Charlie story that's been up here lately (not to mention the OTHER Charlie story - CANCER - and his age AND the fact that Jagger says there is no Rolling Stones BAND without Charlie) I'm putting it all together and saying if the Stones were to stop basically being a band this is EXACTLY what Mick would do - this and down the road another solo album and tour. Charlie will basically retire showing up at some little jazz club gig in London once in a while and Keith/Ronnie will do some kind of NEW BABARIANS II until one of them "leaves us" while playing on stage from the shape they're both in. If Charlie's not in the picture I just can't see Mick and Keith getting a different drummer for a tour. They wouldn't call it the Stones without Charlie in the band. To me it just looks like the deal that they made with Charlie about not touring past 2006 is true and Micks planning for HIS future. Do we all agree on this? You guys wanna put MsB on the cross today...what gives....

Posted by: Treesnake2000 ()
Date: April 27, 2006 21:31

Calm down, people. According to the executive producer of this show, Rob Burnett, Jagger will have a regular role that is small and not time-consuming. Furthermore, even IF the pilot did get picked up as a series (technically, an unlikely event, as Halup points out), Jagger would NOT be in the show for more than one season.

From yesterday's New York Times:

"If ABC does order the series, Mr. Jagger is expected to appear regularly, though not in every episode. 'We'll work around his schedule,' Mr. Burnett said. Not much has been worked out as to how successful the band of thieves might be in their heist, and like the serialized shows that inspired this one, a big question remains about how the series will continue after its first season.

Most likely Mr. Jagger's participation will end, one reason the title will almost surely not end up 'Let's Rob Mick Jagger.'"

Date: April 27, 2006 21:42

Treesnake2000 (you know I love that name) that's what they're saying in "Hollywood Speak". What it really means is if the show turns into a success Mr Jagger would be willing to stay on past one season for the right amount of money. The info in that article is SO typical Hollywood..... Yeah, they'll work around his schedule (as long as he's not on a prolonged world tour)....

Date: April 27, 2006 23:17

MicksBrain - But the article about Charlie never said the Stones made a deal to quit touring.

It said they agreed on no more "world" tours like they do now. That leaves lots of room for shorter in duration tours, or tours in fewer countries than they typically perform in.

And the article stated Charlie said he would NOT quit live performances, nor leave the Stones.

Posted by: LolA ()
Date: April 27, 2006 23:21

This is so cheap, so megalomaniac, so soulless, so not rock' n' roll. I can't understand what could be Mick's motivations to take part in such a dumb project.
For me, it kills everything the Stones ever meant to me....

Date: April 27, 2006 23:30

yeah, I know,I know...but,their tours have turned into such Monster MACHINES that I can't imagine them going back to doing some kind of 1978 style tour. The money in these tours comes from keeping it going. Imagine all the people that they have to get together, people they trust and want working with them, I mean in the end it's SUCH a big project and full of complications I'm sure. I don't know, I just can't see them going back to smaller, shorter tours, Maybe I'm wrong.....

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: April 28, 2006 04:04

Triplelicks, I've been trying to say the same thing about scaled down tours which is ALL CHARLIE IS SAYING! He said NO MORE HUGE WORLD TOURS! To me, that means no Japan, Australia, New Zealand and China but that does not rule out mini tours! Everytime I've said that, folks say it won't happen because it takes as much energy to launch a small tour as it does a big tour and I just don't agree! What energy? The Stones don't pack their bags, lift equipment, bok hotels, all of that is done for them! I realize that they have a thousand details to work out but by now, Mick and charlie know how to do it! It's my understanding that Mick and Charlie work together on merchandising and the stage design etc. Charlie simply doesn't want to be away from home for years at a time, and I don't blame him BUT he still has the need to drum, I suspect. ( At least I hope) And I hope that his needs aren't going to be satisfied by an occasional jazz club gig. This whole tv thing could fall apart in a second, so I am not worrying yet. I wish Mick well in this endeavor, I know he'll do it well if he commits to it. Hang on to your hat, it should be an interesting year!

Date: April 28, 2006 04:36

Debra - I agree. And also scaled down tours may sound very inviting to all the boys at this point in their lives, for many reasons.

MicksBrain - I'm wondering how much more money the Stones really think they need at this point. Plz see the recent article below about their current wealth. Maybe they don't really forsee a need to bring in as much money in future tours, as they have used their talents well up to this date to live out their futures at a bit slower pace.

LONDON, April 21 2006 /PRNewswire/

The list of music millionaires is topped once again by Clive Calder, the former record label boss behind acts such as Britney Spears and 'N Sync. Calder, valued at GBP1,300m, made the bulk of his money from selling his Zomba label to BMG in 2002. He keeps Sir Paul McCartney, who for some years topped the music millionaires list, in second place. McCartney's wealth rose by GBP25m during the past year, fuelled by earnings from digital and album sales and box office receipts which Billboard estimated at GBP48.5m in 2005, making him the fourth biggest grossing artist in the world last year.

Old rockers, like McCartney, dominate the music rankings. The Rolling Stones (Sir Mick Jagger (GBP205m, 290=), Keith Richards (GBP180m, 327=), Charlie Watts (GBP85m, 680=) and Ronnie Wood (GBP70m, 817=) continue to amass their fortunes. At a time when most men their age are looking forward to a free bus pass, the foursome are engaged in another sell-out world tour, A Bigger Bang, taking in cities from Rio to Shanghai.

Roger Ames, 56, is a new entry to the music millionaires list. The EMI Records adviser is worth GBP160m, most of which he made when his London Records label was taken over by Warner Music Group for GBP140m in 2004.

Entire list can be seen at: [www.prnewswire.co.uk]

The Sunday Times Rich List is compiled by Philip Beresford, the leading authority on British wealth, and edited by Ian Coxon. Beresford, who has a Phd in politics from Exeter University, edited Management Today before taking up wealth tracking full-time.

Posted by: Barnestormer ()
Date: April 28, 2006 13:28

I know some people,who think "The Rolling Stones" is in fact a sitcom!
Well,not my opinion!

Barnestormer

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 28, 2006 16:36

MicksBrain Wrote:
> I hate when people put up
> little pictures in the corner of their comments
> page (except for ROCKMAN and POTTED SHRIMP) like
> IORR is some kind of picture gallery...MY GOD !!!

Easy solution for ya': @#$%& OFF!!!!!

JumpingKentFlash

Date: April 28, 2006 16:49

Shut up waste-of-space...you're just way too thick to get it was a joke....BTW, trash mouth, nice calling Mick Taylor a fat loser...for a guy who's gonna have Elton John's (or James Taylor's since you may not know Elton wears a wig) hair line - or lack of one, shortly I wouldn't toss out nasty names - soon to be cue ball JackinKentFlash ("Those that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" - do you get that senor Daft?)

Date: April 28, 2006 16:50

I did get that it was a joke. The scary thing is that you didn't get that I replied to your joke with a joke numbnuts. And you better watch it too. Don't make me come down there (See that's a joke too - Maybe too fast for you). Dickbrain.

JumpingKentFlash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-28 16:52 by JumpingKentFlash.

Posted by: Some Girl ()
Date: April 28, 2006 16:51

LolA Wrote:
> This is so cheap, so megalomaniac, so soulless, so
> not rock' n' roll. I can't understand what could
> be Mick's motivations to take part in such a dumb
> project.
> For me, it kills everything the Stones ever meant
> to me....

It's funny how people who preach apocalypse for this particular project never seem to say anything about Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean. Because that has sooo much more cred.

Date: April 28, 2006 16:57

Yeah, but the thing is JKJ, my last one was ALSO a joke and that went over your head..... And my nuts are numb cause your ex gal pal has been working on the equipment down there for a good half hour... you SHOULD NOT have let this one go - she's a damn good "Love Removal MAchine".... (truce man, I like your comment on the Madonna page + not in an agressive mood right now.....You win if you want)

Date: April 28, 2006 17:04

Win what? It's not a competition. This the season to be jolly as you know. Truce accepted. Or even better: NOBODY should fight EVER!!!!! (Hi. I'm Paul McCartney).

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: April 28, 2006 17:18

group hug?

Date: April 28, 2006 17:20

Actually, speaking about McCartney the one list I saw had him worth at over 1 Billion dollars. So one must ask oneself why oh why Macca allows some car company to use his new-ish song "Fine Line" in their commercial. I mean talk about cheapening your song (of course it's all about MONEY but when you have a BILLION do you really need more? Shit,it would take me at least 10 years to blow through a thousand Million dollars AKA a billion). It's hard to understand these guys. Jagger was really good in the film PERFORMANCE but that's about it. Why he keeps wanting to act is beyond me..... (this kinda ties in with the topic)

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: April 28, 2006 17:24

But he's also done acting in the past on numerous occasions eg. Man from Elysian Fields & Bent & the dire sci-fi thing, but none of these have derailed him from the Stones. Since on average, the Stones take 3 year breaks between tours that gives him quite a while to get the tv bug out of his system. Chill out MicksBrain, Mick is such a workaholic he will probably write an album's worth of new material and probably father a new child by 2009.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1402
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home