Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

CHARLIE DID NOT SAY HE IS QUITTING!!!!!!
Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: April 15, 2006 23:54

He said he does not want to do tours that last two years at a time and go to every corner of the globe. I for one don't blame him. I am half his age and in good health and would not want to keep that schedule.

As a matter of fact the article said "Watts is not quitting the band and will still perform live"

I don't know what the big deal is. He has said the same thing every tour for 35 years now.

Maybe we will get more studio work but less expansive tours. Which may be a good thing. Maybe we will finally get that great blues record they still have left in them.

PEOPLE CALM DOWN. THIS IS NOT THE END!!!!!

Re: CHARLIE DID NOT SAY HE IS QUITTING!!!!!!
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 16, 2006 00:01

This is the End...The End of every little thing....the end.

Re: CHARLIE DID NOT SAY HE IS QUITTING!!!!!!
Posted by: pjb ()
Date: April 16, 2006 00:06

Iam going up to Auckland today ,they are unlikely to get down here again 10th row keiths side cannot wait. Whatever Charlie decides to do good luck to him.

Re: CHARLIE DID NOT SAY HE IS QUITTING!!!!!!
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 16, 2006 00:14

What else is it if Charlie says he wants to stop globe-hopping?
Las Vegas 100 shows a year?

Re: CHARLIE DID NOT SAY HE IS QUITTING!!!!!!
Posted by: deuce ()
Date: April 16, 2006 00:32

TooTough Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What else is it if Charlie says he wants to stop
> globe-hopping?
> Las Vegas 100 shows a year?


*Cringe*

Re: CHARLIE DID NOT SAY HE IS QUITTING!!!!!!
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 16, 2006 00:39

the Stones' first world tour was Voodoo Lounge.
what were they doing before that??


"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Re: CHARLIE DID NOT SAY HE IS QUITTING!!!!!!
Posted by: deuce ()
Date: April 16, 2006 00:41

Oh you know, doing everybody's Dirty Work, riding around in Steel Wheelchairs, coming to your Emotional Rescue, getting Tattoed, Letting It Bleed and in the Aftermath of all that - they released Voodoo Lounge and went on tour.

Rolling Stones - going strong for 12 years!

Re: CHARLIE DID NOT SAY HE IS QUITTING!!!!!!
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 16, 2006 00:47

~*YEAH!*~
all that and gettin their yayas out too. :E


"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Re: CHARLIE DID NOT SAY HE IS QUITTING!!!!!!
Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: April 16, 2006 05:35

I'd bet he will tour. But the Stones won't visit out of the way/small markets like New Zeland or the far east anymore.

Who cares? As long as they are playing the major markets in the USA and Europe.

Re: CHARLIE DID NOT SAY HE IS QUITTING!!!!!!
Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: April 16, 2006 06:22

James Kirk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He said he does not want to do tours that last two
> years at a time and go to every corner of the
> globe. I for one don't blame him. I am half his
> age and in good health and would not want to keep
> that schedule.
>
> As a matter of fact the article said "Watts is not
> quitting the band and will still perform live"
>
> I don't know what the big deal is. He has said the
> same thing every tour for 35 years now.
>
> Maybe we will get more studio work but less
> expansive tours. Which may be a good thing. Maybe
> we will finally get that great blues record they
> still have left in them.
>
> PEOPLE CALM DOWN. THIS IS NOT THE END!!!!!

Uh, Mr. Kirk,

You're 32 (half Charlie's age) and you wouldn't globe trot for 30 million dollars?? Just wanted to make sure I had that right? If so, beam me up with Scotty and T&A.

Anyway, I'm with you, the end is never what it seems and i'd love to see another studio (blues) effort.

Re: CHARLIE DID NOT SAY HE IS QUITTING!!!!!!
Posted by: susieq ()
Date: April 16, 2006 06:33

James Kirk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
...the Stones won't visit
> out of the way/small markets like New Zeland or
> the far east anymore.
>
> Who cares? As long as they are playing the major
> markets in the USA and Europe.

Seems to be a common thread here Mr.Kirk.
You can rest assured there are plenty of us who do care if the Stones visit this insignificant out-of-the-way corner of the globe that is Australia.

Re: CHARLIE DID NOT SAY HE IS QUITTING!!!!!!
Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: April 16, 2006 07:06

James Kirk you really OFFEND A LOT OF PEOPLE. Where is you particle transporter? Prehaps you and Mr Spock can beam the band to insignificant spots on the globe?

Re: CHARLIE DID NOT SAY HE IS QUITTING!!!!!!
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: April 16, 2006 07:15

James Kirk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He said he does not want to do tours that last two
> years at a time and go to every corner of the
> globe. I for one don't blame him. I am half his
> age and in good health and would not want to keep
> that schedule.
>
> As a matter of fact the article said "Watts is not
> quitting the band and will still perform live"
>
> I don't know what the big deal is. He has said the
> same thing every tour for 35 years now.
>
> Maybe we will get more studio work but less
> expansive tours. Which may be a good thing. Maybe
> we will finally get that great blues record they
> still have left in them.
>
> PEOPLE CALM DOWN. THIS IS NOT THE END!!!!!

He didn't say that ever. He didn't say anything.



Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1051
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home