Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Setlist: Not only we want more variety!
Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: April 15, 2006 21:29

I just rediscovered this topic as really interesting, due to some info that came up lately. Ok, we are obviously not happy with the setlist, too repetitve, too many hits, etc. But somehow it dawns on me that we are not the only ones that think so.

Chuck Leavell is definitely on "our side":
I get "beat up" sometimes by some fans saying we don't to enough "rarities". I try hard to get as many of those as I can in there, and it isn't easy to please these "hard core" fans. (taken from an email)

And also Darryl Jones seems to be in favour of varying the songs a bit more...
I don't have any say in what gets played every night with the band.I wish sometimes that I did. Know that those of us who play along with the Stones like a mixture of hits and obscure songs. I'll also admit that many times when I talk to fans they are requesting a bit more varied set list. This would be fine with me. (taken from the forum www.darryljones.com)

Us fans want more variation, people in the band seem to want more variation...and I do think that we underestimate our power!
Quoting Mr Leavell once more:
I had also reviewed some emails we had received on our website from Japanese fans that we had received even before we left the US. There were some good suggestions, and I had come up with what I thought would be a set that the band and the audience would enjoy (taken from Chuck's Tour Diary)

For the European Tour: I do think that, if we come up with realistic suggestions, that we have a chance to get those songs played...

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Re: Setlist: Not only we want more variety!
Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: April 15, 2006 21:32

Charlie's giving up soon on world tours and people still go on and on and on.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: April 15, 2006 21:34

jagger50 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Charlie's giving up soon on world tours and people
> still go on and on and on.

So Charlie's giving up on world tours - can't understand the surprise about that...And that doesn't mean there will be no more Stones concerts, plus the Tour is far from being over.

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: SeNdEr ()
Date: April 15, 2006 21:45

the tour end in december...

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 16, 2006 23:48

Chuckie's obviously the one who lives closest to
common people and who has the largest ears;
probably also the largest heart.

Alas for us fans Mick & Keith has demented ears
or broken hearing devices: or, in best case, bad
internet connections.

And we on these boards are apparantly not enough skilled
to manifest our well measured wishes for the setlists.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: April 17, 2006 01:22

I think Ronnie's on our side - after all, as a way to rebel, he sometimes plays the solo to some unknown rarity during Tumbling Dice!

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: April 17, 2006 01:28

Let's open the topic in which we will suggest realistic setlist,not the fantasy one.Maybe someone from The Stones camp will take notice.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1916
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home