Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones Troupe
Posted by: Dannyboy ()
Date: April 12, 2006 14:31

I saw the Stones in Sydney last night, my 12th concert ever. I was thinking..... they've got pretty much the same set of guys playing with them now as they did with Steel Wheels and every tour since..... and even before with the likes of Bobby keys etc...

What happened to Matt Clifford? Do you think he just pissed everyone off and they didn't ask him back for Voodoo Lounge. Do you think he didn't buy anyone a round of beers ever?

Re: Rolling Stones Troupe
Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: April 12, 2006 14:57

Matt Clifford played Keyboards on the Bigger Bang album

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 12, 2006 15:29

Dannyboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> they've got pretty much the same set of guys playing with them now as they did with Steel Wheels and every tour since

The line-up has been the same since 1999.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: April 12, 2006 16:56

Clifford is very obviously from the Jagger camp. He contributes to the "Goddess in the Doorway" album and is present in the "Being Mick" documentary.
His keyboard style and what he is to music is exactly what was too much on the SW tour. It is very obvious that beginning in 89 withg every tour they scale it down a bit more. SW and the tour was fine and a LOT of fun but the sound of the band was guitars lite and way too much glooss, synths and saccharine.
So Matt had to go.
i have nothing against Matt Clifford but his typr of sounds have nothing to do on a Stones stage.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 12, 2006 19:35

Dannyboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I saw the Stones in Sydney last night, my 12th
> concert ever. I was thinking..... they've got
> pretty much the same set of guys playing with them
> now as they did with Steel Wheels and every tour
> since.....

The first time I saw them live was in 1990, ad I was shocked at seeing all that people on stage. At the time there was no internet, ad I did not know what to expect! My most recent image of the stones then was the let's spend the night together movie of the 82 tour, and that was more or less what I was expecting!

During the years I learned to accept the "big band" thing.

Now, not only I love the more complex sound these guys are able to produce, but I also feel as if all of them are now a "true" and integrated band and not only 4 originals, plus a bunch of bu musicians.

C

Posted by: livewithme ()
Date: April 12, 2006 20:46

I like the big band and background singers. But the mix has to be right so the horns and background singers are way in the background, with guitars and drums way out front. Then the extras can add some nice extras in selected spots instead of taking over the show.

Posted by: livewithme ()
Date: April 12, 2006 21:05

and of course the same goes for the keyboards turned down

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: April 12, 2006 21:22

Matt Clifford should be taken behind the barn and have what's coming to him......

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: April 12, 2006 21:27

I agree thizzay Miznatt Clifford is indeed a pretty annoy'n guy, even worse tizzle Chizzuck. Yeah, I dizzy say so fo yo bitch ass! Hes really blingin' . Chill as I take you on a trip. His 80s synthesiza sound is plain awful. Behind tha barn would be a good idea . Listen to how a @#$%& flow shit. Oh, how we miss S-T-to-tha-izzu..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1491
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home